• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glock model released on May 5th?

oh wait, they didn't actually announce it yet. That's just someone's guess based on what they released in austria. my bad.

Can a Mass resident have a Glock with a threaded barrel?

On AR's, I think they may be illegal.

Threaded bbl counts as one evil feature. As long as there isn't a second evil feature, you are fine.

Don

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

i. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

ii. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

iii. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

iv. a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

v. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

Threaded bbl counts as one evil feature. As long as there isn't a second evil feature, you are fine.

Don

(B) A semiautomatic pistol that has an ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least two of the following:

i. an ammunition magazine that attaches to the pistol outside of the pistol grip;

ii. a threaded barrel capable of accepting a barrel extender, flash suppressor, forward handgrip or silencer;

iii. a shroud that is attached to, or partially or completely encircles, the barrel and permits the shooter to hold the firearm with the nontrigger hand without being burned;

iv. a manufactured weight of fifty ounces or more when the pistol is unloaded; and

v. a semiautomatic version of an automatic firearm.

Soooo - You can't have a threaded barrel on a Glock 17 then.

Yes you can - the glock 17 was released before the 18, therefore the 18 is the auto version of the 17 and not vice versa.

Soooo - You can't have a threaded barrel on a Glock 17 then.

No, not really. This one is so vague, I've never seen it as a basis for any kind of enforcement. I'm assuming you are refering t the G18.

Since the G17 came first, the G18 is really an automatic version of a semiautomatic firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

Here it is, I think.?? I'm very dissapointed [sad2]

http://www.glockmeister.com/Special-Edition/products/241/

I hope that is not it.

No, not really. This one is so vague, I've never seen it as a basis for any kind of enforcement. I'm assuming you are refering t the G18.

Since the G17 came first, the G18 is really an automatic version of a semiautomatic firearm.

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that is not it.

Thats the word on M4Carbine

You can def have threaded barrel on a G17. It is the G18 that is full-auto. Different model. If you can't make that distinction, then you might as well consider an AR scary purely because it is black.

Glock decided to manufacture their own threaded barrels, big whoop.
I'm let down because I can not own a can, and if I could I probably already would have had one on a Glock, like everyone else in free states.

So that's what all that fuss was about? Old frames with threaded barrels, and a 6 inch barrel model with no clear purpose? I'm impressed. Not.
I'm not a Glock person, but why do they use gen3 frames instead of offering their newest product with that threaded barrel? Is it because of that double recoil spring or something?

Last edited:
So that's what all that fuss was about? Old frames with threaded barrels, and a 6 inch barrel model with no clear purpose? I'm impressed. Not.

Yeah I'm confused what the point of the 17L is, and I though they already offered this model, or have in the past.......
I mean I see the point but not with the G34......

I'm not a Glock person, but why do they use gen3 frames instead of offering their newest product with that threaded barrel? Is it because of that double recoil spring or something?

Someone posted a link that said it is because they already have the tooling on hand to do the Gen3's. That doesn't so much bother me as the price listed on that page does. I will likely buy one anyways, since I want to replace the G21 I sold to move, and it will still be cheaper then buying a gun and then a replacement barrel.

Back
Top Bottom