• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Glock model released on May 5th?

I would have guessed a single stack .357 SIG after the 42, but hey, good on them.

Yeah. Why wouldn't they use another manufacturers useless round instead of .....I don't know,..... A useless .357 GAP?

My bet is it will be nothing special. Maybe another sub compact that looks exactly like every other Glock.

They don't have a .22 yet.

I just don't understand the single stack crap, since when is comfort more important than capacity???

The more comfortable a gun is the more likely you are to carry it. The more likely you are to carry it the better. Personally I can conceal just about any handgun due to my size, that doesn't mean they are comfortable. I've CC'd my G34, but I would prefer a G19 or a G26 personally and I lean more towards a G26. My wife on the other hand, would much rather have a slimline 9mm.

Last edited:
I just don't understand the single stack crap, since when is comfort more important than capacity???

Because it enables the guns to be sold to a wider variety of people. Comfort/ergonomics = confidence = sales = repeat customers, etc.

Capacity isn't everything, either. If there was, say, an 9 shot 9mm pistol that I was able to shoot significantly better than my G19, you bet your ass I would carry it.

If Glocks were terrible for me to hold (as they are for some people) I wouldn't own them either. Luckily for me the "shoes pretty much fit" if they didn't, I'd be carrying something else.

There are people that I know that have to accept inferior guns because Glock doesn't make single stacks. It's that simple.

-Mike

Nevermind, didnt see post above.

Just buy an aftermarket, probably be more accurate too. I can't imagine Glock making threaded barreled versions, there are way to many already available, I don't think it would be very profitable for them.

People would buy them up like crazy, to have a factory supplied barrel, without having to deal with all this aftermarket garbage. (let's face it, LWD and a few others are pretty much junk- or even when the barrel isn't junk, it often requires fitting, or the gun becomes less reliable with the aftermarket barrel). It's cheaper to get it with the pistol than it is to have to buy an aftermarket one.

-Mike

Why not a 19 then if capacity is important to you? Honestly curious. There is a big enough difference in carrying a 26/27 and a shield to me that makes the 2 less rounds favorable at times.

I know where your going with this, ok so if capacity was more important why don't i carry a 22 or 17 with a 33 rd mag right?? The point i made in my post was the line between capacity and comfort, I can carry a 23 and deal with it, but it's a little to annoying all day for me. When i got my 27 i had the same 10rd capacity (i'm in mass) with less weight and size. I will admit that the 27 isn't perfect for me, i'm sure i could buy something smaller and be a little more comfortable, but i dont want to carry less than my limit by law if i can deal with it. I also really think that people that aren't limited on capacity could deal with a little less comfort and still be happy with a g26/27, but people would rather not even know it's there and sacrifice 2, 3-4 rounds. thats not me. Being short 3 or 4 rounds is a lot considering over 90%of people miss their first shot and 80% of subsequent shots. In short, i think people are way to picky about comfort when it come to defending their lives.

A Glock 17/19 sized .22lr would be pretty cool if the barrel is threaded. I am having a bear of a time getting my TACSOL top half to work proper.

I'm kinda convinced at this point that the ".22LR on a "regular" semiauto pistol thing is never going to be viable. As in like, ever. I never see anyone with these things and I never see anyone ranting and raving about how awesome they are. Magazines are always brutal expensive and hard to come by, too. About as close as I ever got was I had a couple of friends that seemed to like their Marvel 1911 kits.

.22 LR just plain sucks anyways. The only good thing about it is it is cheap. And its really quiet if you suppress it. Other than that it completely sucks. I don't even put newbs on .22s anymore.

-Mike

Last edited:
I'm kinda convinced at this point that the ".22LR on a "regular" semiauto pistol thing is never going to be viable. As in like, ever. I never see anyone with these things and I never see anyone ranting and raving about how awesome they are. Magazines are always brutal expensive and hard to come by, too.

.22 LR just plain sucks anyways. The only good thing about it is it is cheap. And its really quiet if you suppress it. Other than that it completely sucks. I don't even put newbs on .22s anymore.

-Mike

I got the TACSOL top end and 3 mags for short money during one of the Christmas firesales somewhere. The reason I got it was because it has a threaded barrel and I am waiting on a stamp for a .22 can. S&W's M&P22 pistol seems like it works ok, from what people who have them tell me, and it is already threaded for adapter so you can suppress them easy.

The more comfortable a gun is the more likely you are to carry it. The more likely you are to carry it the better. Personally I can conceal just about any handgun due to my size, that doesn't mean they are comfortable. I've CC'd my G34, but I would prefer a G19 or a G26 personally and I lean more towards a G26. My wife on the other hand, would much rather have a slimline 9mm.

Amen.

I've owned a nice group of carry guns for years. But for years, the gap went from a pocket 380 LCP all the way up to a Glock 19. More often than not, I reached for the 380.

Then I got a P9 Kahr. All of a sudden, I found the LCP was staying at home more. The P9 is a genuinely nice shooting gun that is also easy to carry.

Anyone who doesn't get the benefits of a slim carry gun either doesn't carry much, is skinny, or carries OWB. As open carry became more well accepted in CT, I found the Glocks well suited to OWB concealed carry. I wasn't worried about printing, and the relatively light Glocks carry nice OWB.

But IWB a slim gun makes all the difference in comfort. At least for most people.

I'm kinda convinced at this point that the ".22LR on a "regular" semiauto pistol thing is never going to be viable. As in like, ever. I never see anyone with these things and I never see anyone ranting and raving about how awesome they are. Magazines are always brutal expensive and hard to come by, too. About as close as I ever got was I had a couple of friends that seemed to like their Marvel 1911 kits.

-Mike

I love my advantage arms target upper for my 1911. Mags are $20. The Tac Sol mags are like $75. But I just learned the Advantage Arms mags will fit a Tac Sol conversion.

Here's the AA upper on my Les Baer lower.

Don

NRA 2014: Glock Confirms Upcoming Factory Threaded Barrels and New Production 17L’s

At NRA 2014, Glock confirmed that they will be offering factory threaded barrels for Gen 3 firearms later this year. Included models will be the G17, G19, G21, and G23. Interestingly the full-size .40 G22 will not be included. Per the representative present, the G22 will not be included as “.40 does not supress well”. (I agree, as I shoot G22′s). The G23 will get the barrel to make it Canadian-legal.

Threaded barrels will be available in complete firearms and as stand-alone options this summer. Glock estimates around June. As a bonus, the long-slide G17L will also be produced in the same timeframe.

- See more at: http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/...mpaign=Weekly+Newsletter#sthash.PDMn6TLc.dpuf

Back
Top Bottom