• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I've been lurking long enough ,Hello folks I'm Dan from Assonet, Ma. I'm both a rev war re-enactor
Dan, have you ever heard of Project Appleseed? And did you know that you'd shoot for FREE at an Appleseed shoot if you came in uniform?

Oh.. right. almost forgot - Welcome to NES!

Hello Everyone!

I have been enjoying the information and discussions here. So far I am just lurking but will post soon. I live in Western CT and just got back into shooting this year and have been at the range monthly since April. I own a Ruger SR9, Walther PPK/S and a .22 rifle that I am refurbishing.
I found NES with a Google Search.

hicksonj saying hello

Greetings NES Members,

My name is Joseph Hickson. I live in Hampden, MA, and I have a law practice in Springfield, MA. I obtained my LTC in early 06. I have a few glocks, a sxs 20ga, and my late grandfather's 12ga Noble/Wards/Westernfield pump. I wingshoot and drop some clays occasionally, and plink whenever the mood suits.

I planning to extend my new law practice's focus to MA Firearms law and have reached out to some of NES' member attorneys. This site is a fantastic resource, and I hope to meet as many of you as I can in the near future. Feel free to contact me any time to introduce yourself, ask questions, or for whatever comes to mind.

I also just submitted my NES Membership in support of the forum [smile]

~Joe

Hello all,
I'm just getting back into shooting. Aftr my dad passed and my uncle moved to Georgia, my shooting buddies, I kind of got out of it. I'm just a hobbiest with a couple of pistols and a couple of rifles. Well my uncle is moving back from Georgia so I figured I had better get a jump on things. Oh, and I put in an app to the Taunton Rifle and Pistol club last week.
Thanks all.

I found NES while researching MA gun laws about inheritance of guns. I am returning to the sport after about 15 years without shooting. So I consider myself to be a newbie -- having to re-learn a bunch of things. I find the NES boards to be very helpful for that. I "went green" by becoming a NES member today!

Hello,

I have posted on here a few times already but finally went green yesterday. I figured 99% of my information comes from this site so time to support it. I live in Brimfield Mass. and belong to both the Brookfield Rod and Gun club and Hamiltom Rod and Gun Club. I started out in skeet, trap shooting when I was 18 and lived in RI. Had a membership at the Angle Tree Rod and Gun Club back then. These days I mostly shoot pistol and I am looking forward to showing up one of these days and getting involved in some IDPA matches.

Hello

Hello eveyone.

I am new to the website, but like many others am rushing to get my ltc class a. I took a course in 1994 and handed the certification in with a recent application, but as I expected they want a "new" certification. They were nice enough about it, but did not call to let me know for a couple weeks. I am schedueled for a course, but they were booked out a bit due to the anticipated changes in our government. Even though I am a small buisiness owner they advised me that they do not give an unrestricted class a right away, but would after a six month or so period to be sure I was "not going to run down the street shooting a gun". Yes that is a direct quote from the officer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially from the attnys.

Thank you

Welcome Tooth,

Glad to see you join in on the board. I would do a bit more research right here on the forum for your city/town to see if any other surprises to be aware of. Good luck on the process.

New guy

Mark here from Pepperell, MA. I'm an avid self defense practioner (martial arts for nearly 30 years) looking to expand my knowledge into a new range of SD. I'm taking the basic safety class in a few weeks, then permitting/licensing, purchasing, practicing ...

they advised me that they do not give an unrestricted class a right away, but would after a six month or so period to be sure I was "not going to run down the street shooting a gun". Yes that is a direct quote from the officer. Any advice would be greatly appreciated especially from the attnys.
I'd advise you not "to run down the street shooting a gun". [smile]

Sorry, but the temptation was too much for me. Welcome to the madness!

Hi,
My my name is Rich. I just recently became a member of the NES and NRA and figured it was time to say hello.

I came upon the NES about 3 months ago while I was searching for How to Apply for a LTC in MA. The NES came up in a search. I poked around and followed the advice given by a few of the NES members and everything worked out great! I now have my LTC-A.

A few months ago my dad passed away and left me some handguns, Shotguns, and Rifles. So I now currently own a Colt 1911 Government .45, Colt .25, High Standard Dura-Matic .22, High Standard Citation .22, Winchester Arms .22 Rifle, Ruger .44 Carbine Rifle, 10g Shotgun, 12g Shotgun, 16g Shotgun, 410g Shotgun.

[smile]

Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom