New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello,

Been shooting for 2 years now, part time LEO (dropped down in hours to go to college!) currently living in Northern Worcester County, MA.

Randomly found the forums on a google search!

Looking forward to talking to everyone.

Thanks for the Welcome

Just wanted to say hi and thanks for the welcome. For the past year I have been browsing this site and have found it to be very helpful in answering questions that I had. I went green to help support the treasure trove of information and entertainment that the moderators help facilitate. … And I got the hat in the raffle.[smile]

I’m married with two kids. We moved to Mass in 2007. Contrary to my screen name, we now have a cat that we adopted in 2008. We enjoy occasional shooting as well as many other hobbies. The cat is more into hunting.[wink]

just checking in

hi new to the forum live on cape cod ,carpenter by trade avid outdoors man just trying to meet new people to hunt and shoot with nra member mass ltc a

Hello

Hi to all.

Long time NH resident, new to NE Shooters.

Looking to network a bit more with fellow gun owners, given the new political climate. Also, maybe do a little more organized shooting.

Now to join, and choose an avatar....[grin]

Hi All!

Longtime shooter, recently retired L.E.O. hoping to have some fun here, make friends, exchange ideas, opinions and information with everyone.

Hi Y'all,
I'm new to the forum. I like what I see here. I learned to shoot and eight years old and am now 50. I look forward to maybe doing some competitive shooting next year. I'm from the Worcester, Ma area and would like to find a club that has a nice indoor pistol range and a nice long outdoor range.
Rick<><

Hello Rickster58,

Glad you found us - join in the discussions and enjoy!
I have wanted to try competition shooting but have not made the time available yet to do so.

Hi everyone, just saying hi because I'm new. I live in Westport Ma, my friend's dad actually showed me this site and I think it is a great idea. I'm 20 years old and been shooting since I was around 10 I think, started off shooting clay with a single shot .20 gauge my dad has. I'm going to school for criminal justice, I want to an Environmental Police officer after i get my degree. That's pretty much it haha, glad to be here

Welcome, Rickster58 and JohnDeereA1951!!

Packing,
Seeing your avitar and slogan reminds me of a funny story. My wife and used to belong to Northboro fish and game in the 80's. We liked shooting downstairs in the indoor pistol range. I was there shooting my 9mm and she was using my High Standard 22 auto. The range master was there also. He was an interesting sort. I gather that he didn't think women could shoot. He looked at my wife and made some comment about women shooters. She just ignored him. So there we are lined up, me with my Sig P 226, Michele with the 22, and him blasting away with his 357 mag. We all walk downrange to see how we did (no auto target retrival) Michele put all 10 in a group (from about 25 feet) about 2" while his six shots were all over the target. We didn't hear another word from him the rest of the day!

Last edited:
We're an amazing sex....[rofl]

Packing,
Seeing your avitar and slogan reminds me of a funny story. My wife and used to belong to Northboro fish and game in the 80's. We liked shooting downstairs in the indoor pistol range. I was there shooting my 9mm and she was using my High Standard 22 auto. The range master was there also. He was an interesting sort. I gather that he didn't think women could shoot. He looked at my wife and made some comment about women shooters. She just ignored him. So there we are lined up, me with my Sig P 226, Michele with the 22, and him blasting away with his 357 mag. We all walk downrange to see how we did (no auto target retrival) Michele put all 10 in a group (from about 25 feet) about 2" while his six shots were all over the target. We didn't hear another word from him the rest of the day!

A warm Dwarven welcome to all our newcomers! Come on in, drag up a chair and join the conversations.

Michele put all 10 in a group (from about 25 feet) about 2" while his six shots were all over the target. We didn't hear another word from him the rest of the day!
Great to hear - I always tell folks that women are better shooters because they don't suffer from the testosterone poisoning that makes men think that they're automatically great shots because they have testicles...

Listen to your targets; they're your best friends because they will never lie to you about your shooting ability!
We're an amazing sex....[rofl]
*snort* Aw, hell, Kris... you shouldn't leave straight lines like that just lying around!

"An amazing sex"... warm, cuddly, sweet... and utterly ruthless when it comes to protecting their families. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

Everything I say or do has purpose, Ross, - your purpose, my purpose, everyone's purpose!! [grin]

A warm Dwarven welcome to all our newcomers! Come on in, drag up a chair and join the conversations.

Great to hear - I always tell folks that women are better shooters because they don't suffer from the testosterone poisoning that makes men think that they're automatically great shots because they have testicles...

Listen to your targets; they're your best friends because they will never lie to you about your shooting ability!

*snort* Aw, hell, Kris... you shouldn't leave straight lines like that just lying around!

"An amazing sex"... warm, cuddly, sweet... and utterly ruthless when it comes to protecting their families. "The female of the species is more deadly than the male."

in self defence, if at first you dont succeed, keep firing!

Hello,

I'm Dave, I've been shooting for a number of years but just now finally got my LTC-A ALP. Currently only have a Sig P239, but have some more in the works as budget allows. I've taught self defense/martial arts for 6 years full time prior to my current job (desk jockey [sad2] )
My training includes some tactics and rifle training with a few of my military buddies and family, Shooting and taking some classes with Mike DeBethencourt over at NE Tactical, and am a front sight life member. (looking forward to taking a magpul dynamics carbine class in the summer [smile] ). also planning on joining Harvard Sportsman Club in january

I think Mike actually told me bout the forum, but I finally became a member after looking for more info on carry pistols.

Hi everyone. My name is Silvio and I live in Salem, not much experience shooting but I'm looking forward to learn more and get better. I stumbled o the site looking for gun related stuff and I'm hooked. Everyone sims to be very helpful and is a ton of info in here thank you all.

Back
Top Bottom