New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

slummerville checking in..

howdy NES,
sayin hi and thanks for the resources online, always good to have folks to kick the can with.

cheers
bgml

Hello all,

My names Matt and I live in East Bridgewater. I currently hold an FID, as a somewhat dishonest former licensing officer several years ago led me to believe I was ineligible for an LTC. I have a CWOF for a disqualifying charge from 13 years ago. I recently found this sight, began reading and found that I wasn't in fact statutorily disqualified and that I was living in a green town. Long story short I contacted the Detective who now processes licenses, explained the situation and when I told him about the CWOF he laughed and said "13 years ago, who gives a ****". He then issued me a class A- No restrictions!

I want to thank all of you whose contributions helped me understand the slightly convoluted MA gun laws. I am now looking forward to making several new additions to my currently all long gun collection. See you in the classifieds!

[party]
Matt

Hello,
my name is Alan and I am checking in from Florence Ma,
I have been shooting most of my life but took a break for the last couple years and recently decided to get back to the range.... now that we live next door to one it is kind of hard not to get the itch to go shooting again.
along with shooting, I am a tech class HAM, and I play a lot of paintball.

on top of that I have a class A LTC, I have a fairly large collection of WWII firearms and I enjoy my target pistols and my clark modified ruger 10/22 I like trap and skeet (Although I never got the hang of skeet)
I also enjoy my evil "assault weapons" :)

Last edited:
Great Forum

Hi,

I joined NES last week and am just now getting around to posting (thanks derek) to this thread. I grew up shooting and hunting but it's been a while, actually too long. I now have two youngsters of my own thatI will be introducing to sport.

One of things I had forgotten about this sport is that it is actually a community. I look forward to being a productive and responsible member of this community for many years to come.

Thanks!

Welcome to all new users and members!

The raffle drive still continues until the 28th, click the link in my signature for additional information and the prize list.

Recently moved to southwestern CT. Thus far, there's not much in the way of shooting down this way from what I've found. Came across this site while looking for IDPA locations.

Welcome GSS,

Glad you found us. Hopefully you will be pointed in the right direction from some fellow shooters. Enjoy!

I was a member a couple of years ago but my world was turned upside down after a heart attack in '06; three days after Thanksgiving. I'm back in the saddle again. And for the record, my name isn't really graham lewis.

Welcome Graham, I hope this years Turkey day weekend is a better one. It's my favorite holiday, a day reserved wholly for eating, drinking and snoozing.
Enjoy!

And for the record my name really is Matthew Perry.

Hi,

new member, came across this site while research the mass compliant gun laws. (What a load of B.S.) Glad to be a member as it looks like a great site with lots of local info.

Best regards,

Michael

Hi to Mike and all the other people I missed. Welcome aboard.

Don't let the laws discourage you Michael. the barriers are a real PITA, (and a violation of our rights) but it's doable.

Not really new. I have been a member since 2005, I think. I used to live in Arlington, MA (not a bad place for gunnies in MA), but moved down to FL in early '06. My wife could never really abide by Florida, and when a job opened up back home and they had money for relocation, we took it. I decided that MA was not the place for us, so we are in the process of buying in Amherst, NH.

I guess I sorta missed you guys. I am looking forward to renewing my membership at Harvard Sportsman's Club, the best gun club in the USA!

Hi. Joe from Winchester MA here. I was referred here by stratocaster1422. I also frequent the Audiworld Firearms Forum (and other forums) as JoeS4. I'm an NRA member and a member of the MRA in Woburn MA. Joining GOAL is on my to do list.

My current guns are a Glock 22, a Remington 870 Express Synthetic, and a Walther(S&W) PPK/S. I'd like to pick up a .22 bolt action rifle and a 1911 at some point in the not too distant future. I've been shooting for a few years now, and I've taken several classes out at the Smith & Wesson Academy.

I went ahead and splurged the $19 to become a member. Glad to be here, looking forward to meeting some of you at shoots/events soon.

Joe

Last edited:
New Member Checking In

Hi All,

I'm Jim from Mass. New to the whole firearms thing. Looking forward to learning as much as I can on this forum.

Last edited:
Hi,

New member here from Mass. I am new to firearms and by the looks of this forum it is the place for me to learn a thing or two. Keep up the good work!

Back
Top Bottom