• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello Ladies and Gents

I happened across NES.com with a google search, looking for New England based shooting blogs/groups and such.
I’m a big fan of old school military long guns. Fine wood grain stocks and crafted blued steel, make me happy. Plastic parts are for toys and mate finished receivers and barrels are simply a half ass completed metal project. Yeah, I know about light weight and such, but what the heck, an M-16-A1 still looks cheap and disposable, where an M-1 Garand is a work of functioning art.
I learned to shoot with a Daisy lever action BB gun, by the time I was 10, I could pick off wood bees on the fly with a hip shot. The Daisy now hangs over the fireplace in the den ready for action if the wood bees dare show themselves again.

David "Lastchip"

Last edited:
Hey all,

My name is Ryan and I live in central MA. I grew up with firearms all my life in Wisconsin and just moved out to MA for graduate school in biochemistry. Now that I have a job that pays, I've started my collection. I currently own a Yugo M48 and a Romak 99.2 (AK 74 clone).

I'm really glad I found this forum because it helps me out with the laws alot!

All the best

hey guys
my name is joe, im from northern NH
came across nes on the 1911 forum.

prior marine amtraker 1992-1998, army 11b 2005-2007 and i have been a cop in northern NH 98-05 and 07 to present. latest projects are a 1911 build and a 1903a3 springfield build

and a 3 week old boy who is slowing all my projects down

Last edited:
Hi, I'm Scott and I live in Fall River. I'm originally from the U.P. of Michigan. The U.S. Navy brought me to Fall River via Newport in 1982. I got my first firearm when I was 12. It was a Stevens Arms 20 gauge single shot shotgun. I've acquired several other long guns over the years. I'm 49 now. I have had an FID ever since I relocated to Massachusetts. I finally applied for an LTC - A on March 24th of this year. I'm still patiently waiting. A friend from work turned me onto NE Shooters. Thanks, Scott

Last edited:
Hello, lived in Southeastern Mass all my life. Work at a local hospital (for over thirty years) as a Fireman 2nd class. FID since I was a kid, recently received my LTC-A. NES recommended by a local PO. Have already made a purchase. Thanks for all the great info.

Hey, NEWBIES!!!

That's right, you - the guy over there with the glazed look going "who ARE all these people and how did they learn so much?". And you - yes, you in the corner. Right, you - the one with the green name, sitting there wondering "what did I let myself in for, going green like that?". Yeah, I'm talking to you, and all of your other new friends in this thread, so listen up.

One of the benefits of being a member (and if you haven't gone green yet, this is a GREAT time to do so!) is that we have member shoots. Bunch of guys and girls at a range, shooting, talking, eatin', smokin... and guess what? We're doing it again THIS WEEKEND.

So... pay attention now. The Independence Day shoot is full up. You can't get in if you haven't signed up. BUT! The next shoot that you can get to is a fundraiser shoot, held THIS WEEKEND at a range in central MA. No, I'm not telling you here. You gotta be a member first...

Anyway, one of our guys has cancer. Bad. But he's a fighter, and he's NOT GIVING IN. And we're gonna help him out. We're doing a fundraiser to help him pay some medical bills - yeah, right, bunch of conservatives, donating to a charitable cause. Don't tell Rosie O'Donnell or Michael Moore - it'd probably cause their brains to explode. Oh, hey, wait... never mind.

Point is, you want to check out THIS THREAD. If you can't see it, that's 'cause you're not green. Go here first. Now, I can tell what you're thinking. "Why should I donate to some guy I don't even know when I have bills of my own?" Good question; let's see if''n I can answer it to your satisfaction.

First: it's a mitzvah - a good deed done with no expectation of payback. The Judeo-Christian religions think that that's a Good Thing. Heck, even if you're not religious, many folks think that karma is real... and doing this is good karma. Heck, it gives you a warm feeling inside to help your fellow man. And who doesn't like a warm fuzzy feeling inside?

Second: You will get to meet a BUNCH of NESers. Even some surprise visitors whom you might not expect to meet! (No, Brent isn't coming. I think).

Third... Hey, you over in the corner, stressing about what to get for your first gun!! Pay attention!! These NESers have a LOT of guns... ones you may never have tried. And we're notoriously generous about letting folks try them out.

Fourth: food - burgers, hot dogs, home-made pulled pork...

Fifth: There are prizes to be won, raffles to be won, and auctions to spend money on. (I did say this was a fundraiser, remember?? I'm going to do my damndest to separate you from as much $$$$ as I can, and I'm not going to keep any of it. I'm giving it to a guy who could use your help!) What kind of prizes? Well... if you shoot a 210 on the Army Qualification Test we're shooting, you get the coveted Rifleman patch - which can NOT be bought anywhere. If you're under 18 and shoot the high score, you also get TWO BOXES of AMMO. (Yeah, this is MA; you need an LTC. Sorry 'bout that.)

We're also raffling off goodies, like a hand-made spinning rod. A Wolf Eyes M90 Rattlesnake Xenon Light. A Storm IM2050 rifle case. A seat in an NRA Basic Pistol Class, memberships to GOAL or the NRA. Gourmet Nicaraguan coffee, a fishing trip for two, TWO free trips to an Appleseed Shoot, TWO autographed copies of gun-blogger Kelly "Ambulance Driver" Grayson's book "En Route: Life, Death & Everything In Between", and more stuff that I can't mention on a public forum. Trust me... it IS going to be worth going. Here's the complete list. There's also going to be an auction, with Jim Wallace of GOAL as auctioneer.

So what are you waiting for?

Hey Folks

Hi guys,

Found this forum while surfing the net. Great information about the area. I am in western ma and hope to be building an AR 15 soon. Just bought a S&W lower.

Thanks

Hi everyone, my name is Tony from Taunton, MA. Someone I work with told me about the site and for the last 3 days I've been hooked there is a ton of useful info here. I recently got my LTC A no restrictions, I currently have a Remington 870 12g Wingmaster that my grand papi left me when he passed away. I wish I knew what year this thing was made in, I think sometime in the late 50's early 60's. I am looking for a mass pre ban glock and everyone tells me good luck with that one, so if anyone on here has one and wants to get sell it shoot me a message.

Hello Tony,

Welcome to the forum - glad to see you green so early.

You really should not have a problem finding a Glock - although it may be a trip Four Seasons (woburn) usually has a good selection of them.

I'm new to this forum, My name is Tim I'm from Ashland, Ma. I have been shooting most of my life and recently got my class A LTC.

Newbie from Liberty's Capital

I am a newbie with 2 posts so far. I am a Cowless and Horseless Cowboy Shooter and enjoy the competition and the game itself, and have been doing it off and on, since 2003.
I have a LTC Class A, and have taken a number of good classes with David Kenick. I
do legally carry a Glock 23 .40 with a Crimson Laser Sight in a IWB leather holster...and if
I don't do that I carry a S&W .38 special snubby in my pocket 65% of the time I go out. I believe open hand skills are very important.

Most of all my cowboy action pistols and rifles have had trigger action jobs done by www.cowboygunworks.com.

I reload with a 550B Dillon press all my cowboy ammo in .38 special...but buy store bought 45/70 or 35/55 ammo for my buffalo guns, a Remington Rolling Block John Bodine Perdosoli, and a Uberti 1885 High Wall.

I like black guns, and have a AR-15 Bushmaster and a Century Arms WASR-10 which I have changed the furniture to black plastic and done a compliant G2 trigger job. I try to balance my long range shooting with my pistol shooting, both are important.

I am a GOAL Member, GOA, JPFO, NRA, and SASS member and am a ex member of the
Massachusetts National Guard back in the 70's and served as a infantryman 11Bravo and M79 Grenadier in a Mechanized Company that had M113 personal carriers and flew in the Huey Helicopters during summer camp.

I am an avid historian of the Winter War in Finland, being Finnish for me it is a no brainer...and a guiet, keep to myself Finnish male. Simo Haya is my hero.

BUT If there is a confiscation of Firearms, or a royal edict from Obama to turn in my
Irons, .... this quiet, keep to himself, law abiding Finn, who just wants to be left alone,
and enjoy life, and live and let live...IT's then another story.

I also like Long Swords! :cool: and my God Bless us all with the Balls to defend our Liberties and Freedoms if or when the Day Comes, and we have only two choices, Freedom or Slavery.

-ArmedResident

Back
Top Bottom