New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

Hello,

I live on the cape, work for the VA and was formerly an aviation technician in the Coast Guard...Have had my LTC for over a year, however currently own no guns.

I was told about the site by a co-worker and finally registered so I could see photos and start posting! I've spent most of my time on the forum trying to decipher MA gun laws...Just insanity.......

-Gabe

Hello, joined a couple months ago but just got to editing my profile and exploring a bit. I first found this site while doing some research on gun ownership (state laws, which gun for which application, etc.). I used to shoot as a kid, but havent in 15+ years. Waiting (and waiting) for Class A to arrive. Just joined the NRA and will join GOAL next.

Thanks for having me!

Hi, recently got my LTCA from Berlin. I've cut back work and enjoying some free time, thought I'd pick up an old interest again. Shot my grandfather's .22 a few times as a kid, took a year of marksmanship in college, got a commission from Infantry OCS but haven't fired a weapon since 1972.

Hey Oldgoat,

Glad your getting back into shooting. You found a great site here. Thanks for joining in the discussions.

New here

Just signed up here, looking to get back into shooting after being away for several years (both shooting and living out of MA). Look like there has been many changes to learn. Looking to get my LTC and join a club soon.

Steve

Hello 07Mustang,

Sorry you had to come back to MA :( - unless of course it was good for you :)
You found a great site here lots of nice members and good discussions.
Hope to see you join in them.

what does "bump" and "tt" mean , i see this is in the classifieds replys

TTT means, "To The Top". Bump means to push the thread to the top by using a new post in the thread.

In forums with high activity, threads tend to get shifted to the bottom due to the activity and traffic.

So, TTT and Bump essentially keeps your thread active for others to see.

TTT means, "To The Top". Bump means to push the thread to the top by using a new post in the thread.

In forums with high activity, threads tend to get shifted to the bottom due to the activity and traffic.

So, TTT and Bump essentially keeps your thread active for others to see.

thanks remy

Hi there Jmenton777,

becoming green so early - your a smart one!
Enjoy the site I am sure you will.

hmmm...after reading a little more about all the acronyms and what not for this site i realized 'green' means something different here. i just meant to say i'm a green member as in, a new rookie, we call new guys at my job green. just wanted to clear that one up!

hmmm...after reading a little more about all the acronyms and what not for this site i realized 'green' means something different here. i just meant to say i'm a green member as in, a new rookie, we call new guys at my job green. just wanted to clear that one up!

Well it should not take you long to see all the benefits that come with a membership fee.
Awesome group buys, special discounts, member meets and eats, member nes shoots
Great times and good people.

Well it should not take you long to see all the benefits that come with a membership fee.
Awesome group buys, special discounts, member meets and eats, member nes shoots.

For example, there's a shoot over the Independence Day weekend. It's full up, BUT if you go green, you can buy a raffle ticket for two tickets to the shoot - donated by a member who cannot attend, and the money raised by the raffle goes to a member who's got cancer to help with his medical bills.

And we won't even talk about the group buys... OK, I will. A Liotech Behemoth flashlight for about $110, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for $65, ammo for said Mosin for $168, AR lowers for... well, you get the idea. All these are buys we've done in the past.

If you're not gainfully employed, you might want to pass on this... your wallet will thank you. OTOH, if you DO have some ca$h you don't know what to do with... go green and let the spending begin!

For example, there's a shoot over the Independence Day weekend. It's full up, BUT if you go green, you can buy a raffle ticket for two tickets to the shoot - donated by a member who cannot attend, and the money raised by the raffle goes to a member who's got cancer to help with his medical bills.

And we won't even talk about the group buys... OK, I will. A Liotech Behemoth flashlight for about $110, a Mosin Nagant 91/30 for $65, ammo for said Mosin for $168, AR lowers for... well, you get the idea. All these are buys we've done in the past.

If you're not gainfully employed, you might want to pass on this... your wallet will thank you. OTOH, if you DO have some ca$h you don't know what to do with... go green and let the spending begin!

AMEN to that ! !

Back
Top Bottom