• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Folks Check In and Say Hi #4

I spend my spare time bass fishing the Quabbin and deer hunting. I'm a still hunter exclusively(don't like tree stands), and enjoy bowhunting and muzzleloading for deer. Also enjoy progressive, melodic and symphonic metal music.(favorite band: Symphony X)

),
PICT00101-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Alias: "romeo"

Hello Romeo,

Thanks for joining into the thread. Great wealth of knowledge and many friends to be found here. Enjoy yourself!

Been lurking for a while, finaslly register. Names Ryan and I live in northern KY on the good side of the river from Cincinnati. I grew up hunting with shotguns and rifles and just recently picked up a Taurus 24/7 .40 for a first pistol. I was doing some google research on the pistol when one of the links brought me here. I've poked around since.

Law enforcment here. George D posted a link to the nutcase thief thread, on CFOT. I joined after reading that. This looks to be a great place.

Derek- [wave]

Hi,

Until this year, the last time I shot a gun was a .22 rifle at a Boy Scout camp, probably in 1983 or 1984. Earlier this year, a friend took me to a range to shoot his handgun. A few magazines later, I was hooked.

I just got my LTC a little while ago here in Mass. This site was a great resource for me while I checked out the process, and I'm glad to say getting the license went reasonably smoothly. Joining here was a natural after the assistance the site had provided me, and I'm glad to be part of this.

I have to say that I was disgusted to learn just how a$$-backwards the Commonwealth is about gun laws and regulations. (Not necessarily surprised, just disgusted.) I'd like to see those laws and regs change for the better here. I've joined the NRA and GOAL to that end. I hope to do more over time, but it's a start.

Last week I picked up my first piece, a few pictures are below. I know, there are lots of P229s around but this one is mine! I should have a place to shoot it soon. I go to the new members orientation this Sunday at BRP. Can't wait...

See ya around!

Jon

IMG_0006.jpg

IMG_0013.jpg

Hi everyone ! My wife and I recently received our LTC's Target and Hunting
in Newton . Bought some hardware from FS and will be at BRP for new members orientation. This forum has been providing a wealth of information for me. Also, it's a delight to see that not everyone in MA is a sheeple, but there is a lot of people capable of independent thinking. Thanks to all members and happy shooting !

Greetings all! I have been browsing the Web looking for a forum that is not filled with hostile people looking for an argument. At first glance, this looks like just the kind of forum I am looking for. I long for a forum filled with friendly fellowship with fellow firearms fanatics. Such fellowship seems to be difficult to find out there. I am in the South-East rather than the North-East, but hopefully yall won't hold that against me! [smile]

I own 29 firearms (soon to be 30 with the addition of a new pocket pistol to use as my ccw pistol) My collection is more quantity rather than quality, but there are a couple of gems in there. I don't know a lot about guns yet, but when I recently inherited my father's little collection (the third such collection that I have inherited) I started getting a bit more serious about firearms and the 2nd amendment.

Rev. R. A. Farrier

I'm a newer member. Long time lurker. Went to the mass firearms school training last Saturday. It was great! Steve spoke with me on Sunday giving me the run down of the whole process of applying for a LTC. I've still have to call and set up an appointment, but I have a folder full of things ready. Ashland requires 2 letters of reference, so I needed to put those together prior to calling for an appointment.

Jonathan

Welcome to the crew guys ! ! and yup you came to the right place..wealth of info is just the tip of the iceberg here [wink] Great info , great people and did I mention great people !

later Rob

Back
Top Bottom