New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

i also think its terrible, im getting sick of all these shows coming out and everything is scripted and theres always a problem in every episode.

Blitz1,

Put the glass down...I'm watching it right now on Comcast On Demand...under TV Series...take a deep breath, press the "On Demand" button and focus on the TV screen!

Bill

Focus on the TV? Dammit...I was doing it wrong. [wink]

How do You people learn these things? [laugh]

Seriously though, the last time I checked, last week, it wasn't there.

I think we have RCN. "Regular" On Demand I cou'dn't find it. I finally figgered out there is a Discovery On Demand somehwere on the channel lineup and bingo it was there.

The daughter is cutish but she'd drive me nuts right quick and it isn't a long drive to begin with.

I hate to break it to you guys but reality tv isn't really reality.

Think about what it would be like to have a camera crew follow you around at your job for every minute of the day. I'm willing to bet 95% of the footage would be so freaking boring that it'd make a corpse change the channel. Naturally we need something entertaining to keep us occupied when we watch tv.

Sure most people here would watch Sons of Guns if all they did was show how conversions were done and how ARs were built. But the rest of America would change the channel. Step in the folks at Discovery to add in some bull***t and drama, and now you have a chance at not only gun nuts watching, but the average Joe who knows nothing about guns watching too.

And while some may look down on the Red Jacket crew for how they seem on tv, they're real people and not actors. If they're put in a position to show how something came to be, its not gonna be Emmy Award performances. Plus lets face it, they're a hell of a lot more entertaining than Jim Scouten.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In this day and age I'm just glad there is something like this on national tv.

Just finally got to watching the first 6 episodes on DVR and by far I liked the flamethrower best. Really good to see a crusty old marine, and a CMH recipient, get a few moments to shine like that. And to step up and toast the target like he was 20 again was pure bliss!!!

Think about what it would be like to have a camera crew follow you around at your job for every minute of the day. I'm willing to bet 95% of the footage would be so freaking boring that it'd make a corpse change the channel. Naturally we need something entertaining to keep us occupied when we watch tv.

Sure most people here would watch Sons of Guns if all they did was show how conversions were done and how ARs were built. But the rest of America would change the channel. Step in the folks at Discovery to add in some bull***t and drama, and now you have a chance at not only gun nuts watching, but the average Joe who knows nothing about guns watching too.

And while some may look down on the Red Jacket crew for how they seem on tv, they're real people and not actors. If they're put in a position to show how something came to be, its not gonna be Emmy Award performances. Plus lets face it, they're a hell of a lot more entertaining than Jim Scouten.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. In this day and age I'm just glad there is something like this on national tv.

Really. Well said Ray.

A suppressed shotgun at 144 db, and shooting a Civil War cannon (a Confederate cannon!) at a shed filled with tannerite! Big bang!

SuppressedRedJacketS-12.jpg

RTS-ZK-S/S-12 Suppressed Shotgun

$2500.00 as shown

$2100.00 for basic model [solid stock , std sight's and charging handle]

Weight : 8lbs
Barrel : 19.5 in
Can : 16 in.
O.D. of can : 1.75 in.
Overall BBL w/ can : 22.5 in
Overall w/ stock extended :40.5
Overall with stock folded : 32.5
Forearm : Galil type , MP-5 or Railed alum. for + $65.00
P.G. : std AK , Ergo or SAW type
Magazine ; accepts all Saiga and aftermarket mags
Suppression : , Indoor safe with no hearing protection . Approximates a M-16 w/ Gemtech suppressor on it .
Recoil : analogous to 7.62x39 semi-auto
Sight's : HK . [shown] or std Saiga bead and notch
Stock : Ace sidefolder
Charging handle : Tromix upswept Galil type , weld on .
Choke : You pick it , accepts Izmash factory chokes

Last edited:
You do realize that these conversions have been around for a very long time and have been used both in war and law enforcement situations?

As for your multiple locks... that's a Saiga. If they want, they can stick one of the 20 round drums on it. I doubt your door survives that.

Watching that episode now, and that was my only issue with the episode, that these things are nothing new. I recall seeing under-AR mounted shotguns for sale over 10 years ago, and I'm certain they weren't remotely new then.

Of course they weren't Saigas :D

right on

I will watch it right up until it gets to be..."how stupid can my workers be/get" and personal....I will watch the soap channel if I want to see personal conflicts and emotions.

Keep it about guns I will watch

I kind of like the way he said, this is where I don't ask questions I just tell you what he wants. Or something like that. That poor Thompson is BABBA.

I kind of like the way he said, this is where I don't ask questions I just tell you what he wants. Or something like that. That poor Thompson is BABBA.

At least they're not hacking up a real one. I think the semi-auto replicas are pretty silly anyway. Wish the rest of us could convert them.

Turned away yet another customer last night that wanted to buy a handgun. What a putz.

He stated that they don't actually sell handguns. They only use them to demo the supressors. Also he stated that he wanted her to get some training on a firearm because she even stated that she had never shot on before and was nervouse about getting one. He did turn one person away on another episode because he didn't feel comfortable with the person. He has a right to sell to (if they're legally allowed to buy) or not sell to anyone he choses. Did you see the episode where a couple of guys wanted to buy one of their weapons but didn't want to wait for the ATF paperwork to go through? This shop seam like a good shop.

I officially lost all interest in this show last night. His idiot friend/customer/employee making a fool out of himself attempting to make a machette. What a dolt. I can't even begin to figure out what was up with that segment. I had such high hopes for a show that would portray guns and gun building in a positive light. The asinine scripting, poor acting, stupid projects, dumb ideas, smoke and mirrors and BS make this drivel simply unwatchable. And the daughter isn't nearly all that with her hillbilly hooker makeup. Just a big fail pandering to the demographic they "think" all gun owners are.

The Thompson SMG is one of the coolest pieces of history out there, but they are one of the more un-ergonomic weopon systems ever made. I am just a little concerned that a PD is looking to get into one for their Tac Team when there are so many other good choices available.
I missed the whole first half of the show, so maybe they explained what the deal was.

The PD doesn't really want one for their tac-team, someone just told them they could have a FA Tommy gun in their arsenal if it was for department use, so now they have a range toy to "train" with. At least, this is what I got out of it.

Mike

At least they're not hacking up a real one. I think the semi-auto replicas are pretty silly anyway. Wish the rest of us could convert them.

They performed the work real quick too; from the time the Thompson was taken from the front counter to the back shop, they had already removed about 6" - 8" from the barrel length. [smile]

beforeafter.jpg

The only thing I learned from this show is to fear SWAT teams even more. A converted tommy gun? Seriously??? Yeah that's exactly what we need guys issuing no knocks to have, so when they have an AD/ND instead of killing one person/old man/chihuahua/guy holding a golf club, they kill several in the house, several swat team members and granny across the street.

The only thing I learned from this show is to fear SWAT teams even more. A converted tommy gun? Seriously??? Yeah that's exactly what we need guys issuing no knocks to have, so when they have an AD/ND instead of killing one person/old man/chihuahua/guy holding a golf club, they kill several in the house, several swat team members and granny across the street.

Dude, its Louisiana....they got Steven Seagal "On the Job."... full auto is a prerequisite!

Dude, its Louisiana....they got Steven Seagal "On the Job."... full auto is a prerequisite!

Dude have you seen a Steven Seagal movie? He kills the guys with the automatic firearms with his bare hands after popping off a few rounds from his glock.

He's a BAMF who don't need no stinking guns. [rofl]

[popcorn]

Back
Top Bottom