New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

I can't believe that they took a mint condition 1941 ma duece (even if it was a parts kit), and had the company logo engraved on it.

I wouldn't mind borrowing that flame thrower for a little while to get rid of some of the snow at my house. I'l just use it on the piles next to my driveway.

flammenwerfer.jpg

I can't believe that they took a mint condition 1941 ma duece (even if it was a parts kit), and had the company logo engraved on it.

flammenwerfer.jpg

You do realize as the manufacture of record for the M-2 they are required to put their info on the gun. Since it is a professional shop just makes sense to put their roll marks on it (sort of like buying a Colt, BCM, Noveske etc, they put their logo on the receiver and such).

From what I heard, that MG is NOT post dealer simple given that it was made in like 1943 or something.

The kit was but the receiver plates he put together were for a semi auto build. They drilled out the section that kept it from being full auto. The "denial island" I believe they called it.

I only saw a bit, and could very well have been put in for de-mil part. Will have to watch the whole thing, but I was crying when he said he got it for $6k.

As for the $25k cost, I think it was $25k worth of sales (not profit) and his profit margin may have been $6-8k total after taxes etc.

i just saw it for the first time this week and i liked it. could be better but deffenetly will watch every week

Daughter is pretty cute, but please don't talk...

Glad I wasn't the only one bothered by that snaggle tooth. Freakin thing is jutting out of the side of her head. I thinks its even debatable as to whether or not its a tooth. Otherwise cute though.

OK, I was wondering what you guys were talking about, and I just watched this week's recorded episodes... and I still have NO CLUE what y'all are complaining about. Daughter is HOT, and that nice southern accent makes her hotter. You guys are nuts.

Oh, and as for her being a nag... guys, she's the company accountant. It's her JOB to keep an eye on the expenditures, and it looks like Will can spend money even faster than my wife can. Someone has to keep them in the black.

Watched altogether 2 min of it and it was retarded.

A "guy interested in supressed shotguns" came in looking for one for HUNTING and handled a converted, short-barrel saiga like thing finger in trigger guard for about 10 sec and said he would take it.

Bimbo-broad behind the counter mentions NFA regs and stuff and about how it'd be a couple months. The "plant" puts a stupid, not fair look on his face and left.

I would rather watch editorials on channel 5.

I just watched the first episode with some mixed reactions. The whole "masterlock" idea doesn't sound too great, although I don't have any experience busting people's doors. I got a couple of locks on my front door, so blowing one is not going to get them in. Also, in the trial, they blew away the lock but you could see that the handle under it was jammed so it did not close. That makes me wander how well that thing really works. In any case, ordering $24'000 worth of gear on sight is the definition of an impulse buy. May be some additional testing was warranted. Of course its public funds ... I mean, it's not like I'd spend that much money on a whim.

You do realize that these conversions have been around for a very long time and have been used both in war and law enforcement situations?

As for your multiple locks... that's a Saiga. If they want, they can stick one of the 20 round drums on it. I doubt your door survives that.

I have a question. It may show my NFA ignorance but I'll still post it.

The last episode, he builds a MA DUCE in full auto. Now, I was under the impression that one could NOT create any new machine guns, period, end of story. Yes, I know he most probably has a manufacturing license but does that still allow him to build a full rock-and-roll mother of a MG? Can I assume that he can never sell it? Can someone 'splain this to me??

Rome

Oh, he could sell it... to a law enforcement agency. Or keep it, as a manufacturer. That's about all he can do with it. Us peons aren't allowed to register any new machineguns so he can't sell it to a civilian.

Aaaaaaaa..........that's just what I thought. This, I feel, is the one deficiency with that show. If I were the producer, I'd ask the owner to look into the camera and say something like, "Understand that I have a xxxxx license issued by the BATFE to manufacturer machine guns. This MG and any other MG I make can ONLY be sold to the military or law enforcement or must remain in my possession for the remainder of my life" or something to that effect. I would also say that without that type of disclaimer, I can see the anti-gunners yelling at their TV..... "SEE! SEE! See how easy it is to convert a semi-auto MG to full auto??!!".....without understanding the amount of machining that went into making that thing and knowing that it has a very limited market.

Thanks for that info.

Rome

Would he be creating a new machine gun? They said the gun build something like 50 years ago it just wasn't assembled. When the gun / kit was originally manufactured wouldn't the serial number have been recorded / registered? If so is he's not manufacturing a MG only putting it together.

"For civilian possession, all machineguns must have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986 to be transferable between citizens. These machinegun prices have drastically escalated in value, especially items like registered sears and conversion-kits. Only a Class-II manufacturer (a FFL holder licensed to manufacture firearms or Type-07 license that has paid a Special Occupational Tax Stamp or SOT) could manufacture machineguns after that date, and they can only be sold to Government, law-enforcement, and military entities. Transfer can only be done to other SOT FFL-holders, and such FFL-holders must have a “demonstration letter” from a respective Government agency to receive such machineguns. Falsification and/or misuse of the “demo-letter” process can and has resulted in long jail sentences and felony convictions for violators."

Would he be creating a new machine gun? They said the gun build something like 50 years ago it just wasn't assembled. When the gun / kit was originally manufactured wouldn't the serial number have been recorded / registered? If so is he's not manufacturing a MG only putting it together.

"For civilian possession, all machineguns must have been manufactured and registered with the ATF prior to May 19, 1986 to be transferable between citizens. These machinegun prices have drastically escalated in value, especially items like registered sears and conversion-kits. Only a Class-II manufacturer (a FFL holder licensed to manufacture firearms or Type-07 license that has paid a Special Occupational Tax Stamp or SOT) could manufacture machineguns after that date, and they can only be sold to Government, law-enforcement, and military entities. Transfer can only be done to other SOT FFL-holders, and such FFL-holders must have a “demonstration letter” from a respective Government agency to receive such machineguns. Falsification and/or misuse of the “demo-letter” process can and has resulted in long jail sentences and felony convictions for violators."

I don't think the highlighted parts apply to him because he is licensed by the ATF as a "Manufacturer" and won't be tranferring it to a "civilian".

I don't think the highlighted parts apply to him because he is licensed by the ATF as a "Manufacturer" and won't be tranferring it to a "civilian".

+1
Will has a class 07 FFL which allows the manufacture of all firearms other than destructive devices

If the "kit" were a true MG, I doubt it would have only cost $6k, even disassembled. And, during the build, he had to mill off something called a "denial strip" or something to that effect. That was left on the plate to disallow full-auto from being installed. So, I don't believe it was a registered piece from the get-go but made that way by him with 'help' from that .50 cal expert they flew in. They ended up making a number of parts from the way it looked.

Rome

Back
Top Bottom