• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

I like that new show, too. If you're a "bad" or mediocre pilot in Alaska, you don't last long before you become a scar on the side of a mountain. My wife and I have flown dozens of times out there with some amazing bush pilots and I can tell you that it's extremely exhilarating as you clear the tops of some mountains by what feels like 10'!

close%20to%20the%20mountain%20tops%20small.jpg

I also have one other observation about these "types" of shows. I'm no prude, believe me. But, I do get a bit tired of these people constantly using the "f-bomb" or other 4 letter words on a regular basis. This has become a real problem with American Chopper but is by no means restricted to that show. I could understand it once and a while but, my goodness, don't these people have a vocabulary? I just get tired of it. Just me, however.

Rome

I also have one other observation about these "types" of shows. I'm no prude, believe me. But, I do get a bit tired of these people constantly using the "f-bomb" or other 4 letter words on a regular basis.
Another reason I like Flying Wild Alaska

Plus the Tweto sisters are mighty easy on the eyes

I also have one other observation about these "types" of shows. I'm no prude, believe me. But, I do get a bit tired of these people constantly using the "f-bomb" or other 4 letter words on a regular basis. This has become a real problem with American Chopper but is by no means restricted to that show. I could understand it once and a while but, my goodness, don't these people have a vocabulary? I just get tired of it. Just me, however.

I take it you don't hang around with the biker crowd a lot. Especially the particular subset these guys target their bikes to. You hear that kind of language a lot. [thinking]

i would take a running start and smash into the daughter as well. [smile]

my favorite gun on there sore far was the suppressed 10/22 pistol. gosh darnit! pew pew pew

Any show that paints firearms and shooting in a positive manner is a good thing. That being said this show lost me after 3 episodes. It's not that I don't like it, I just don't like it enough to care to turn the channel when it's on. The scripted NFA promos (for lack of a better word) are stupid, the idea that they're doing revolutionary never before seen things is dumb, and there is hardly any real gunsmithing shown.

The show is fine but unless I happen to notice it's on, it's not on my radar.

she's definitely hot. But god damn she needs some orthodontics. The whole chick+firearms helps me look past that, though.

I enjoy catching all of the stages of Saiga conversions they're doing in the background of the "main" projects.

I have watched the majority of the episodes if not all of them. I still "like" the show but I don't think it is done very well.
I think his crew is much more entertaining then the owner himself. In fact I think the owner comes off like a real jerk-off.
The way he handled the old timer that came walking into his shop was horrid. I would have told the old man thanks for your interest but we only book by appointment and then kindly show him to do the door. Don't get me wrong some of his builds are pretty cool but the way the show is put together is pretty boring i.m.o. His daughter is by no means a 10 but I would love to meet a gun chic like that and would gladly date her.

This show seems to be helping me to wake up the wife, in the suppressed AK episode the wife said "I thought AKs were illegal to own because they are automatic" I got to explain the difference between semi auto and full auto (it was done before but apparently it didn't sink in) then in the episode where the Sheriff wanted a full auto conversion for the Thompson, she said I thought full autos were illegal, I had to explain there are rules for us and rules for them

This show seems to be helping me to wake up the wife, in the suppressed AK episode the wife said "I thought AKs were illegal to own because they are automatic" I got to explain the difference between semi auto and full auto (it was done before but apparently it didn't sink in) then in the episode where the Sheriff wanted a full auto conversion for the Thompson, she said I thought full autos were illegal, I had to explain there are rules for us and rules for them

Laws really lose their meaning when the every day person can't understand them.

Did anyone see the 50 cal. build? Why in the name of God would they use tracers in a dry wooded area ....man ya cant make that up.

Also when the guy was using the jig to insert the rivets, well lets say it looked scary. But then I have seen some local gunsmiths do some pretty funky stuff too. Flintoid knows what I am talking about here[wink].

I like the show, and NO not for the daughter, she is OK but when you see other woman like the pistol shooter on Top Shot there is NO comparison.

Last edited:
That made me cringe. What a tragedy.

They sure struggled with that project.

+2.

They also screwed the pooch when they went to that light-weight barre which was pretty short. Unless I'm mistaken, the cyclic rate on that MG is dependent on the length of the barrel? Hack off a bunch and you'll reduce the pressure in the barrel that cycles the action. So, it would be affected somehow. As soon as he said "cut of some of the length", I cringed. Also, that MG cost umpteen thousands of dollars as it was. Bastardizing it so it could be hand-held was an abomination, imho. And how 'bout the owner giving the new guy a trim? Wowzer. I had to believe they had an off-camera discussion about that! Next they'll have him getting tats.

Rome

I'm going to continue to watch this show but only because its an hour block of television focused on guns. I think they do a pretty horrible job of presenting the business. I've heard from many here that Red Jacket makes great stuff but if I was only going from what I see on the show I would think they are a bunch of clowns making trash.

The daughter. Would you?

NFW.....she's not attractive with or without a gun in her hands....and once she talks or god forbid... laughs.....any thought of it is over.

As far as the show.....it's watchable because it's winter, dark and not hell of a lot else to do.......it was pretty bad watching them butcher that 1919....but it was a customer request. If the show starts pitting the owner against the gunsmith more and more.....(Sr. vs. Jr. style)
like last nights was......I'll be not wasting my time watching it anymore.

They should can the dramatic bullshit and show more of what they do/how they make things......but to keep their business, I guess I understand why they can't show everything. Lets face it suppressors, building AR's, and Saiga conversions aren't brain surgery. They have done some complicated neat stuff though....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom