New Discovery Show "Sons of Guns"

Dude have you seen a Steven Seagal movie? He kills the guys with the automatic firearms with his bare hands after popping off a few rounds from his glock.

He's a BAMF who don't need no stinking guns. [rofl]

[popcorn]

He beats the s*** out of people with his jowls.

steven-seagal-lawman-the-complete-season-one--20100331103417578_640w.jpg

The "war wagon" or the guys truck that is in every show has a fake decal on the door thats CGI.

In some scenes were they show it for over a second its on the doors, in short scenes used as filler they dont add it in.

this can be seen on the "katana AR" build episode.

NFA items on TV and the show "Sons of Guns"

So, I got a chance to watch a few episodes of the show and I wonder what your thoughts are? Is it good that the "general public" get to watch/learn/know that all those NFA goodies are actually able to be purchased by "civilians". I'm sure that it has been discussed before. But more and more ( usually via the discovery/history channel ) the "gun enthusiast" side of firearms is being shown instead of the more typical "hunter" shows.

What does this say/do to firearms collectors and enthusiast long term?

drb

Edit: I modified the title to be more in line with my question. I should have been more clear. I less interested in "who wants to bang the owners daughter" and more interested in opinions on the national perspective of NFA classified weapons as a whole

I guess this is also a dupe thread ( sorry ). So delete if needed

Last edited:
I say it is good. I don't see the harm, and people from 'challenged' states or with nongun parents get to see what is possible. The ones that might be turned off either aren't watching or couldn't be swayed by a TV show.

i like the show. they build toys i cant have until i move to a free state tho. especially liked the old devil dog with the flamethrower.

I think they do more good than harm to the cause. It shows that there are places in the US that preserve, protect and defend the 2nd Ammendment.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want anything they build. They seem to throw junk together quickly.

I'd love to have a supressed weapon or 12. [smile] Also I would so do the daughter on the show. Her and I would make some good babies. [laugh]

I like the show. The problem is that I get "Gun Envy" seeing weapons that aren't available in this state.[crying][crying]

I find the show interesting to watch, but am becoming increasingly dis-interested. Before the show aired, I look up the shop and their website and was unimpressed with their offerings and advertisements.

They seem to be a good shop and a fun working enviornment, but I wish there was more. More than 1-2 projects per episode, more depth into the actual custom work and machining.

I loved the flame thrower episode. A project for a Congressional Metal of Honor recipient is awesome. Next week's injured soldier hunting mount is also nice, especially if they bother to go into a little of the technical side of what they're building, how it works and how one builds it. Unfortunately, the interesting part (the gun smithing) has been seriously skimmed over thus far.

The "war wagon" or the guys truck that is in every show has a fake decal on the door thats CGI.

In some scenes were they show it for over a second its on the doors, in short scenes used as filler they dont add it in.

this can be seen on the "katana AR" build episode.

Now that you have mentioned this, I have seen that happen several times.. odd.

I've got to say it's better than some of the other shows on TV. Entertainment purposes only.

Sent from my HTC EVO using Tapatalk Pro.

the show is great for the cause, showing the regular jackoffs that guns are not the evil excements of the devil the the leftys saw they are. but on the other hand they are some of the most arrogant poeple on T.V. . "oh ya were the first guys ever to bulid a semi auto master key" lol

Is it good that the "general public" get to watch/learn/know that all those NFA goodies are actually able to be purchased by "civilians".

Please, God, no more hand-wringing.........Stop it now.

I understand that in MA, gun owners hide the fact that they like guns. You need to understand that such is not the case most everywhere else.

Don't like.
Too scripted. Don't like the little thrown in PSA's. Just doesn't do anything for me at all. The time I waste watching that drivel can be spent practicing at the range, reloading, casting or building my own stuff.

Please, God, no more hand-wringing.........Stop it now.

I understand that in MA, gun owners hide the fact that they like guns. You need to understand that such is not the case most everywhere else.

Exactly why I asked the specific question.... I have never lived outside of Mass, and I don't have that perspective on things. Yes, in general the process of firearm ownership is a guilty one, from the application process to whatever article the Boston newspaper is running telling us were baby killers.

My question was asked because I'm curious specifically as to if NFA classified items such as suppressors, SBRs and machine gun are widely acceptable?

I think they do more good than harm to the cause. It shows that there are places in the US that preserve, protect and defend the 2nd Ammendment.

On the other hand, I wouldn't want anything they build. They seem to throw junk together quickly.

Have you ever handled or shot any of their guns?..if you did, you'd probally want one. (unless you have a deep rooted hatred of the AK platform)

I assure you there is nothing quick about their work.
Junk is a matter of opinion, if we are talkin' AKs then "Junk" is a given.[laugh]
I own an AK & a converted shotgun by Will @ Redjacket (as seen on TV [laugh]),you are welcome to try them at the next NES shoot.
It took 7+ months to get my S-12 done and a little longer for my rifle and that was long before they were "Famous".

Will is one of the very best in the business...Damn it, hes a gunsmith not an actor.

ETA ;there is an ongoing multi-page thread on this subject

Last edited:
I think the guy is pretty smart but he's an A-hole in my opinion, it's the same reason I don't watch OCC; too much drama and BS.

My question was asked because I'm curious specifically as to if NFA classified items such as suppressors, SBRs and machine gun are widely acceptable?

The only way to make them more widely acceptable is to expose people to them. If people see NFA items being used in a non-violent way, and by good people they can relate with, then it will put their mind even more at ease about more common firearms.

I, too, am getting a little bored with the fluff stuff. Seems like there's more of it as opposed to solid discussion of their projects. I especially don't like the fact that the owner is getting 'in the face' of some of his employees. Seems like they're trying to evoke the same scenario as "American Chopper" where Paul Sr. swears and yells almost on cue. That I can't stand anymore. Also, the last episode where they were building the remote-controlled M16, I lost count with how many times one of the guys was directly in front of the muzzle of that MG as they were trying to 'fix' it. I cringed each and every time. Still, it was a cool idea to make a rig that could simply be bolted to the top of a vehicle like a "X-Cargo" travel bin.

This show has to become more fluid and technical to keep my interest. Right now it seems like it's giving us everything it has. Come-on! An old black-powder pistol might have a shot in it and the owner of the shop doesn't know how to remove it? What is he a newbie? Sheesh! If he has a shop that specializes in black-powder/antique firearms you'd think that he's have the know-how and simply tools to remove an old round. That was just dumb. Anyway there's a lot more important things going on and I watch this show during my lunch on the DVR cutting out all the fluff and commercials. That make the show about 20 minutes long.

Rome

I'd much rather watch Flying Wild Alaska. A much higher level of skill and professionalism doing something a lot more difficult and dangerous than assembling guns; and a lot less drama.

Showing people that a "silenced" shotgun is down around the noise levels of a jet engine, i.e. the suppressor really just makes it safe to shoot without hearing protection, is a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom