New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

Recvd: 3/7/2013
DBU: 3/14/2013
Estore: 6/3/2014
CC: 6/17/2013
Shipped: 6/19/2013!!!

Looks like tomorrow I get a treat. SN: 4,756,xxx ('53 or '54).

HRA SG. Here she is. Caked with cosmo so it is a little cleaned up. The barrel is a 4-54 and is excellent once a patch or 2 went through. All HRA parts it looks like with the exception of the trigger group (SA), front sight ("BMB") and the gas chamber (marked with a "K" on the lug).

IMAG0519.jpg

Anyone got any rifle grenades? This is new for me. No. 4 and never got one.

IMAG0518.jpg

IMAG0523.jpg
IMAG0515.jpg
1 muzzle and 2 on throat.
IMAG0522.jpg
IMAG0521.jpg

IMAG0520.jpg
IMAG0517.jpg

IMAG0524.jpg

Now gotta put in the mail for another. 3-6 mons should be able to save for a FG.

Last edited:
Ok so I was investigating the backordered HRA SG situation and read this post from Orest:

Upon seeing official confirmation I checked out the CMP's rifle sales page and saw that: SA FG & HRA SG are orderable, and SA SG & HRA FG are back ordered and CMP isn't accepting orders. Those SA FG are calling to me.......

Awww. FML. I has no monies for a FG SA [sad].

HRA SG. Here she is. Caked with cosmo so it is a little cleaned up. The barrel is a 4-54 and is excellent once a patch or 2 went through. All HRA parts it looks like with the exception of the trigger group (SA), front sight ("BMB") and the gas chamber (marked with a "K" on the lug).

View attachment 70597

Anyone got any rifle grenades? This is new for me. No. 4 and never got one.

View attachment 70598

View attachment 70600
View attachment 70601
1 muzzle and 2 on throat.
View attachment 70602
View attachment 70603

View attachment 70604
View attachment 70605

View attachment 70606

Now gotta put in the mail for another. 3-6 mons should be able to save for a FG.
Beautiful. What's up with the 3rd picture? Special lefthand Garand? I did a double take.

Sweet......seriously though if I don't get a usgi I'm not talking to u guys no mores.

Cool to see one with the granade launcher sight mount.

Sweet......seriously though if I don't get a usgi I'm not talking to u guys no mores.

Cool to see one with the granade launcher sight mount.

Did you submit your order with a Post-it asking for GI wood?

If not, you could always email customer service and try to have it added. When I was waiting for my SA FG earlier this spring--on which I had put a Post-It asking for a WWII serial # and milled trigger guard--I went away to Texas and Georgia for a week in March. I send the CMP customer service an email requesting they not ship the rifle out when I was away.

When my order hit the e-store, my delivery request was in the same "notes" field as the Post-It request. Hence, I think they can update the order in their system before it's filled.

Worst case, they say no and you're in the exact same circumstance as you are now. I recommend being very, very humble with your request.

Upon seeing official confirmation I checked out the CMP's rifle sales page and saw that: SA FG & HRA SG are orderable, and SA SG & HRA FG are back ordered and CMP isn't accepting orders. Those SA FG are calling to me.......
I've said it before and I'll say it again: Get a SG HRA if you want a great shooter, and get a FG SA if you want a piece of history. "Post-It" method asking for GI wood, and in the case of the FG SA, I'd ask for a WWII serial number and a milled trigger guard.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: Get a SG HRA if you want a great shooter, and get a FG SA if you want a piece of history. "Post-It" method asking for GI wood, and in the case of the FG SA, I'd ask for a WWII serial number and a milled trigger guard.

School me about the milled trigger guard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

If not, you could always email customer service and try to have it added. When I was waiting for my SA FG earlier this spring--on which I had put a Post-It asking for a WWII serial # and milled trigger guard--I went away to Texas and Georgia for a week in March. I send the CMP customer service an email requesting they not ship the rifle out when I was away.

When my order hit the e-store, my delivery request was in the same "notes" field as the Post-It request. Hence, I think they can update the order in their system before it's filled.

Worst case, they say no and you're in the exact same circumstance as you are now. I recommend being very, very humble with your request.

Yes I did add a note. Ixhave added a note to every order. 1st order did not seem to help much 2nd order I got my WWII SAxSG. On my 1st HRA SG I got new wood even with the note. Orest of cmp has stated they do not fill request but if it is known when pulling the orderers the staff at cmp will try and honor your request especially serial number ranges. Or muzzle throat readings. I also will agree thus far my HRA is the best shooter but it took some work and reloads to get to group nice.
Terrance if I get a new production birch stock that is orange it will not stay long. I an prepared for the odds being stacked against me to received new wood.....its ok.

Top is the milled. Bottom 2 are stamped. Milled look cooler and feel nicer IMO. I don't think there is a tangible benefit to a milled trigger guard, but if I'm wrong please tell me.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 24

QFT. The recent HRA SG M1 rifles are amazing, many with USGI wood to boot. Anyone who is still on the fence about the quality and value of ordering an HRA SG needs their head examined.

SA FG is the true lottery of the CMP. Could be a beat up mostly correct WWII battle rifle, or it could be a Greek black mixmaster with a giant stock. I'm really tempted to submit an order for an SA FG but being unemployed isn't conducive to buying M1 rifles.

Ive never noticed a sticky request being documented on the order sheet. I'll have to go back and check. If it is true that is great, and adds more to the CMP's legendary customer service.

I hear they shoot even with the CMP stocks. Maybe that is just a rumor. [grin]

Not sure who fed you that line of bullshit. Everyone knows that's not true. [rolleyes]

Yes I did add a note. Ixhave added a note to every order. 1st order did not seem to help much 2nd order I got my WWII SAxSG. On my 1st HRA SG I got new wood even with the note. Orest of cmp has stated they do not fill request but if it is known when pulling the orderers the staff at cmp will try and honor your request especially serial number ranges. Or muzzle throat readings. I also will agree thus far my HRA is the best shooter but it took some work and reloads to get to group nice.
Terrance if I get a new production birch stock that is orange it will not stay long. I an prepared for the odds being stacked against me to received new wood.....its ok.

Mac I hope you get a solid USGI walnut stock with tight lock up and crisp cartouches. What are you going to put on her if she's wearing a CMP stock? Just curious, because I really like my Overtons birch USGI replacement stock that came on my '45 SA SG '64 RRAD rebuild and they're cheaper than walnut. Good luck finding birch handguards though.

Last edited:
QFT. The recent HRA SG M1 rifles are amazing, many with USGI wood to boot. Anyone who is still on the fence about the quality and value of ordering an HRA SG needs their head examined.

SA FG is the true lottery of the CMP. Could be a beat up mostly correct WWII battle rifle, or it could be a Greek black mixmaster with a giant stock. I'm really tempted to submit an order for an SA FG but being unemployed isn't conducive to buying M1 rifles.

Not sure who fed you that line of bullshit. Everyone knows that's not true. [rolleyes]

I think I'm gonna have to put in one for another SA FG to play the lottery. I already have an IHC so no need to wait for one of those (he says knowing full well that he will be trying for one).

You're right the blank-hole who told me that needs to get his head screwed on tight. [laugh]

Top is the milled. Bottom 2 are stamped. Milled look cooler and feel nicer IMO. I don't think there is a tangible benefit to a milled trigger guard, but if I'm wrong please tell me.
Agreed. It's simply one more period part if you end up getting a WWII S/N.

I think I'm gonna have to put in one for another SA FG to play the lottery. I already have an IHC so no need to wait for one of those (he says knowing full well that he will be trying for one).

You're right the blank-hole who told me that needs to get his head screwed on tight. [laugh]
Gotta play to win!

I was going to wait and try to grab an IHC but the current crop of HRA rifles and the return of SA FG are very tempting. Dang mortgage and groceries...

Terrance...if I get a arsenal replacement stock that's fine. But if I get one of those new birch stocks that cmp tried to stain I will puke. ....I will do HRA fit and finish as I did with the last new production stock HRA I got.

Actually a benefit of a milled trigger guard is that you can put a dowel or screwdriver through the rear eye to help unlock a tight trigger guard.

That and the winter trigger fits better than it does with a stamped trigger adapter.

But I agree, for the vast majority of people who just want to take one out and shoot it, there's really no functional difference.

December of '10, so I'm good and it will be in Monday's mail. I figured I should get a second one before they're gone, as I'm taking my 11-1/2 year old shooting for the first time tomorrow with my NPM carbine. I'll use my Garand to show big brother - little brother. He should have his very own for himself some day when he's old enough.

MS

Just filled in the paperwork for a FG Springfield. As a member on file, do I have to get it notarized again?

MS

I send a notary with every order along with my club affiliation....lets just say there is always something expired when I ordered in the begining, that doesnt happen now.

When I ordered my carbine ammo earlier this year my club affiliation expired during the wait, and they stopped my order. I emailed them a copy of my renewal receipt and we were good to go.

MS

When I ordered my carbine ammo earlier this year my club affiliation expired during the wait, and they stopped my order. I emailed them a copy of my renewal receipt and we were good to go.

MS
Yes this has happened to me one to many times. Missed out on the very inexpensive surplus 22 they had last year because I did not send in my club renewal.....so I make sure that doesnt happen any more. Problems with my info cost me on the carbines...man im getting itchy.................had to check Estore had not checked in a few days...WHOOOHOOO finally open at Estore! now for the call for the new credit card info!

order mailed 3/19/2013 DBU 4/11/2013, Estore 6/20/2013 CC ? Ship ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom