• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

CMP 2024 Old Colony sportsmen club Pembroke MA

Not always easy but shooting a “good score” with LC or HXP is possible.
Dont get to hung up on match ammo.

Also keep in mind with the SR target keeping all your shots in the black is a min of 270/300

Hard to tell with Sellier and belliet ammo. Getting my hands on Match grade 30-06 is literally going to be the reason I start reloading.
S&B should do just fine in a A3
80+ year old rifles unless tined well in great shape still are not “match guns”
Get to reloading: everyone had their own little pet load. I usually shoot cast from my A3

Getting a solid foundation, Natural Point of Aim, consistent sight picture and solid off hand scores will take your scores up faster than “match ammo”

For cmp games 3 moa will clean targets if you can hold it.

Your off to a great start.
Your average shot was 8.6

IMO
Learning to call your shots will help also.

Damn. I so woulda went to this if I saw it.
Big bonus that they supply the rifle. Because I don't have a garand.
Rifle , ammo , mat , shooting jacket if club ones fit, gloves, scope < not really needed as long as we have enough shooters for pit service. Plenty of people to help with scope

Rifle , ammo , mat , shooting jacket if club ones fit, gloves, scope < not really needed as long as we have enough shooters for pit service. Plenty of people to help with scope
Did I misunderstand ?
I thought they supplied the rifle?
Ammo is buy there or bring
Mat I have
Shooting jacket?
Gloves I have
Scope? I thought it was an irons type thing only

Did I misunderstand ?
I thought they supplied the rifle?
Ammo is buy there or bring
Mat I have
Shooting jacket?
Gloves I have
Scope? I thought it was an irons type thing only
I was just adding to the list of things available so yes rifles. We have jackets Mats gloves. And yes, you pay for the ammo
Scope, I mean, spotting scope if I’m not using my scope I will let people use it
We have everything you could need ….except $$$ lol

Last edited:
S&B should do just fine in a A3
80+ year old rifles unless tined well in great shape still are not “match guns”
Get to reloading: everyone had their own little pet load. I usually shoot cast from my A3

Getting a solid foundation, Natural Point of Aim, consistent sight picture and solid off hand scores will take your scores up faster than “match ammo”

For cmp games 3 moa will clean targets if you can hold it.

Your off to a great start.
Your average shot was 8.6

IMO
Learning to call your shots will help also.

That is some solid advice and good points. I am probably going to get into reloading, but probably not until next yr. I'm just to busy to take on another aspect.

That is some solid advice and good points. I am probably going to get into reloading, but probably not until next yr. I'm just to busy to take on another aspect.
S&B and PPU should hold minute of black as long as you and rifle can.
If not your wasting match ammo.

Fundamentals will drive score up faster than ammo.

Back
Top Bottom