New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

I ordered a CMP SA Special a little while back. I am reading a lot on here about getting GI wood. The specials come with new CMP Stocks and are, from the best of my understanding, rebuilt with some new parts and a new barrel. Price with shipping is about a grand. Did I mess up? Am I missing the point of ordering from CMP? I don't mind the joke responses, but I am serious.
For the most part, I am into modern firearms.
My reasoning behind the Garand is 1)history 2)they are just cool and 3) they take a 30.06, and during this last crunch, 30.06 was still on shelves, when everything else was gone.

No you didn't mess up. Did you order a Service Grade Special for $950 or a CMP Special for $975?

ETA: RIF. looks like you bought a CMP Special. Reparked in spec parts with a new barrel and stock. Perfectly fine and a great rifle that should shoot great, but I prefer USGI. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE A BAD RIFLE, it's just that the HRA rifles coming out right now have been top notch, and many with GI wood.
Just do what the rest of us Garand junkies do, and submit an order for an HRA SG or FG and you'll have the best of both worlds.

Last edited:
No, you didn't mess up. As you will soon learn, you totally scored! They are really, really nice rifles and you have a good shot at a WW2 vintage receiver.

If she really speaks to you, and you want a more historically correct rifle, pull the trigger on a field or service grade. Just don't wait too long, though.

No you didn't mess up. Did you order a Service Grade Special for $950 or a CMP Special for $975?

ETA: RIF. looks like you bought a CMP Special. Reparked in spec parts with a new barrel and stock. Perfectly fine and a great rifle that should shoot great, but I prefer USGI. THAT DOESN'T MEAN YOU HAVE A BAD RIFLE, it's just that the HRA rifles coming out right now have been top notch, and many with GI wood.
Just do what the rest of us Garand junkies do, and submit an order for an HRA SG or FG and you'll have the best of both worlds.

you done well, I really wanted a HRA to fill my "made in massachusetts" bug. What you will have is a "new" garand. Which should shoot very well. I opted for another HRA and more ammo!

Cool. Hopefully being a 50's M1 you'll get a GI stock. What grade did you order?

I really need to order another one. I know I won't see it for 6 months.

Right now I am in Atlanta working. I wish I could take a run to Anniston. It's only a couple hours away.

Cool. Hopefully being a 50's M1 you'll get a GI stock. What grade did you order?

I really need to order another one. I know I won't see it for 6 months.

Right now I am in Atlanta working. I wish I could take a run to Anniston. It's only a couple hours away.

H&R SG. fingers crossed for the GI stock! Looks like mine was about 3 months which is not so bad.

H&R SG. fingers crossed for the GI stock! Looks like mine was about 3 months which is not so bad.

Just picked it up. G.I. wood! Will post pics.

FYI: I had it diverted to a FEDex pick-up location last night and it got there this morning. Picked it up without a hitch and the divert was done on-line less than 10hrs before I got it.

Sigh.

If only I could have used a CC instead of pre-paying with a certified check. Then I'd have a better idea of what is going on.

Timeline:
Paperwork Received: 3/18
DBU Email 3/21
Estore 6/10
Ammo shipped: 6/13
Ammo Arrived: 6/18
Rifle: ?????

Last edited:
Sigh.

If only I could have used a CC instead of pre-paying with a certified check. Then I'd have a better idea of what is going on.

Timeline:
DBU Email 3/21
Estore 6/10
I'd expect your rifle order to ship anyway now.

Dbu email 4/11/14
Estore: 6/20/13

Well they just called me to let me know they are shipping my ammo, but my garand and en blocs are on back order with no end in sight :(

Last edited:
Sigh.

Timeline:
DBU Email 3/21
Estore 6/10

Dbu email 4/11/14
Still no cc yet :(

For my recent HRA SG order that came in last month - it took almost two weeks I think after it hit the estore for my CC to be charged and to get a shipping notice* - so soloman you are probably really close.

*Actually FedEx called me a few hours ahead of the shipping email making it to my inbox, which was a welcome surprise.

*Actually FedEx called me a few hours ahead of the shipping email making it to my inbox, which was a welcome surprise.

FedEx called me after I asked for it to be held a a FedEx location to tell me that they got the instruction and that it would be there for me in the AM. I was actually really pleased with the service as no one was going to be home for the next day or so.

Dbu email 4/11/14

Well they just called me to let me know they are shipping my ammo, but my garand and en blocs are on back order with no end in sight :(
I feel ya, buddy... I mailed my packet out on 1/22 and still have no clue when they'll have a SASG for me! (Though they did misplace my packet until I called them, so my DBU was actually like 3/10)

Got my ammo a couple of weeks ago... worked well in Twtommer's M1!

I feel ya, buddy... I mailed my packet out on 1/22 and still have no clue when they'll have a SASG for me! (Though they did misplace my packet until I called them, so my DBU was actually like 3/10)

Got my ammo a couple of weeks ago... worked well in Twtommer's M1!

You probably ought to just order an HRA also. it will probably be the SA in! [wink]

I really feel for you 30,,,,but at least youll get an SA.

i got carried away and placed an order for another SG when someone said it was taking 7 months to get these. I figured it would be a while, year right. 3 months!!.

order received 3/18
hit estore 6/11.

now i am waiting for one i forgot i even ordered!!!

someone take away my CMP account before i hurt myself...

You probably ought to just order an HRA also. it will probably be the SA in! [wink]

I really feel for you 30,,,,but at least youll get an SA.

i got carried away and placed an order for another SG when someone said it was taking 7 months to get these. I figured it would be a while, year right. 3 months!!.

order received 3/18
hit estore 6/11.

now i am waiting for one i forgot i even ordered!!!

someone take away my CMP account before i hurt myself...

Bravo. Ordered another SG like a champ and forgot about it. What we have here is a textbook case of Garanditis.

They are easy to get......just gotta wait on the get 'n.....see easy sit there and wait. Nothing to it. My order hits 90 days from DBU on July 5th. I still check my estore almost daily and scream at my phone at least 2 times a week. Me screaming into my phone"ring come on ring and tell me HRA are sold out and would I like s IHC instead for the same money"
I'm waiting on a call as my credit card info on my order is no longer valid.

Ok so I was investigating the backordered HRA SG situation and read this post from Orest:
The .308 Garands were backordered because we had to wait for barrels from the manufacturer. Once we got the barrels, then we had to build rifles and fill existing orders. Still in the process of doing that.
We have lots of HRAs to inspect, repair and grade, but the orders come in faster than we can produce. We currently have almost 1,000 orders for HRA service grades in house. We probably find 100-150 a week, but not necessarily each week.
Each item is different and each situation is different as time goes on.

Upon seeing official confirmation I checked out the CMP's rifle sales page and saw that: SA FG & HRA SG are orderable, and SA SG & HRA FG are back ordered and CMP isn't accepting orders. Those SA FG are calling to me.......

Ok so I was investigating the backordered HRA SG situation and read this post from Orest:

Upon seeing official confirmation I checked out the CMP's rifle sales page and saw that: SA FG & HRA SG are orderable, and SA SG & HRA FG are back ordered and CMP isn't accepting orders. Those SA FG are calling to me.......

I dont have a SA FG YET [thinking]..... stop,,, stop,,, must stop......

Back
Top Bottom