New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

Best of luck, I hear they do their best to honor those types of requests, but you may have to wait for what you want to come up in rotation.
Oldguns.net lists my serial # as 1942.... but 1943 works for me just as well, I will post pics as soon as it arrives, got tracking number, but nothing yet on FedEx website..

Funny I originally ordered an HRA (I already have a '50's Springfield) and switched to the Springfield when I heard the HRA's were backordered...Man am I glad I did!

I specified in today's order for a FG SA: 1. WWII receiver, 2. GI wood, 3. Milled TG.

We can hope...

MS
I couldn't resist the return of the SA FG and sent in an order requesting "low serial number". We will have to check back in 3-4 months and see if our requests were met.

Well, this all came from the CMP and I figure I'd give my hands a rest from hitting "refresh" on the e-store link while I wait for my SA SG.

null_zps49c40eb7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, this all came from the CMP and I figure I'd give my hands a rest from hitting "refresh" on the e-store link while I wait for my SA SG.

null_zps49c40eb7.jpg

did that come today? May I ask when you ordered? I have an ammo order in from mid March. If an item is back ordered, do you know if they ship what they have on hand and fulfill the rest at a later date? Thanks.

did that come today? May I ask when you ordered? I have an ammo order in from mid March. If an item is back ordered, do you know if they ship what they have on hand and fulfill the rest at a later date? Thanks.

Received the ammo 6/3, but my timeline may not be typical.

I sent in the order for my ammo with my Garand order on 1/22, but had a very odd delay between then and 3/7 when I called them and they "found" my order, logging it as "received" on 2/22 for some reason.

The below should answer your questions in CMP Forum format.

SA Service Grade M1 (1st CMP order)
Mailed: 1/22/13
Received: 2/22/13
DBU: 3/11/13
E-store: 5/20/13 (order 458787, status "Open")
CC: N/A
Shipped: N/A
Received: N/A
Time: TBD

Hornady .30-06 200 rds
Mailed: 1/22/13 (part of 1st CMP order)
Received: 2/22/13
DBU: 3/11/13
E-store: 5/??/13
CC: 5/28/13
Shipped: 5/29/13
Received: 6/3/2013 (picked up from Fedex depot by choice)
Time: 132 days

Also, here's the order I placed later via the E-store...

25pk enbloc clips and 1 sling
Mailed: N/A
Received: N/A
DBU: N/A
E-store: 4/1/13
CC: 6/17/13
Shipped: 6/19/13
Received: 6/21/13
Time: 81 days[/QUOTE]

Depending on the ammo, you should be getting it like now. I ordered 400 rounds of loose HXP and an HRA SG. The ammo already arrived. The rifle is still in limbo on the estore.

Timeline:
Mailed around 3/12/13
Paperwork Received: 3/18/13
DBU Email 3/21/13
Estore 6/10/13
Ammo shipped: 6/13/13
Ammo Arrived: 6/18/13
Rifle: ?????
Ammo Time: 92 days (From date letter received)
Rifle: 98 days and counting. (From date letter received)

Depending on the ammo, you should be getting it like now. I ordered 400 rounds of loose HXP and an HRA SG. The ammo already arrived. The rifle is still in limbo on the estore.

Timeline:
Mailed around 3/12/13
Paperwork Received: 3/18/13
DBU Email 3/21/13
Estore 6/10/13
Ammo shipped: 6/13/13
Ammo Arrived: 6/18/13
Rifle: ?????
Ammo Time: 92 days (From date letter received)
Rifle: 98 days and counting. (From date letter received)

Thanks. I was worried since I ordered .22 with the Greek 30.06 that it may get held up til the .22 came back in stock. I'll be watching.

Thanks. I was worried since I ordered .22 with the Greek 30.06 that it may get held up til the .22 came back in stock. I'll be watching.
They will ship as soon as inventory allows or they decide to focus on a particular area....such as ammo.
Rest assured if you didn't get your 22 ammo order in by Feb 24???? Something like that. You wont see it until after October. At least that what orest of cmp said. Also be reminded they got over 6000 orders for ammo back logged.

They will ship as soon as inventory allows or they decide to focus on a particular area....such as ammo.
Rest assured if you didn't get your 22 ammo order in by Feb 24???? Something like that. You wont see it until after October. At least that what orest of cmp said. Also be reminded they got over 6000 orders for ammo back logged.
Oh, I expect a healthy wait for .22. It said six months to a year! But I purchased a metric shit ton. That is an industry term I believe. So once it does arrive, I'll be all set for the next freak out.
Can't do much with the 30.06 until the rifle arrives anyhoo. I just like to stalk packages, and NES threads.

Oh, I expect a healthy wait for .22. It said six months to a year! But I purchased a metric shit ton. That is an industry term I believe. So once it does arrive, I'll be all set for the next freak out.
Can't do much with the 30.06 until the rifle arrives anyhoo. I just like to stalk packages, and NES threads.

... and load clips...

Picking mine up at the FedEx center after work pictures soon.......Now should I order another one....or more ammo....maybe a bayonet ....I am going to need a second job!

Picking mine up at the FedEx center after work pictures soon.......Now should I order another one....or more ammo....maybe a bayonet ....I am going to need a second job!

Definitely get a bayonet - picked up a AFH (american fork and hoe) a few months ago and it was in unbelievable shape - not a bit of rust anywhere.

Best of luck, I hear they do their best to honor those types of requests, but you may have to wait for what you want to come up in rotation.
Oldguns.net lists my serial # as 1942.... but 1943 works for me just as well, I will post pics as soon as it arrives, got tracking number, but nothing yet on FedEx website..

Funny I originally ordered an HRA (I already have a '50's Springfield) and switched to the Springfield when I heard the HRA's were backordered...Man am I glad I did!

Garand born on date link:

M1 Garand Born on Date

SN 1118... born in January of '43.

MS

You should be any day now. Post those picks! May the GI wood be with you!

Thanks for the GI wood prayers
Im hoping that by checking the e-store 20-30 times a day
that HRA wood karma will prevail.

Ive cleaned and sorted the 2 cans of hxp that came Friday (same order as the SG)
placed an order for clips and another can of ammo.
what else.....well SAFG's are back in stock.....hummm
So addicting

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom