New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

You must learn patience, young grasshopper. Hamtramck's order was 130+ days and he was rewarded with a beautiful '66 SA/SG Letterkenny rebuild.

My timeline, for example is at only 49 days, or 42 in the pipeline. So I've about three months to go.

Mailed: 6/24/13 - ordered a SA in FG. Requested WWII receiver, GI wood, milled TG.
Received certified: 6/27/13
DBU: 7/11/13
e-store: 7/26/13

Try not to think about it! [smile]

T

Last edited:
Should be here:

Just got home with mine as well. Full post coming later. 57 days from mailing letter to pick up.

SA post 10/45 bolt
SA post 10/45 TG
SA 2/55 barrel
Turked gas bolt
Barely visible SA/GAW stock; dark and oily with pistol disc cut out and second keel serial number (Danish) - now in the car rear window now in a black trash bag
ME: 0+, TE: 2+
Nice patina
Little Cracker Jack Prize in the butt stock - an original string/brass pull through.

T

Last edited:
HRA service grade ME -2 TE -2 , LMR barrel, GI stock, not as well on the finish as my last HRA SG but more of what I wanted in stock and barrel. Mixed parts as suspected.....hope for range trip thursday after work for a "test". pics over the weekend

yes I was happy, I was doing the M1 dance around the shop...I may have to swap stocks to my other HRA which is only a gas plug and hammer away from all HRA parts and the finish is so much nicer on the other hra. This one is mostly SA parts. if the lmr barrels are supposed to be more accurate Im going to like it! as my other HRA SG shoots above average, so LMR should shoot even better ?

its 1 1955 serial number range 1955 lmr barrel, sent a few patches down the bore and by far the cleanest barrel so far. Very little copper fouling. Over all gun is very clean. Going to try and do a few test clips after work. 100 yards 8 clicks up and see how she groups. Sun is going to be in my eyes....i figure I will run 20 rounds and see. Field stripped it and lubed it. over all finish is more like a field grade. barrel readings keep it above the grade I think.

Last edited:
!955 HRA service grade, not to shabby

I had a box of mix head stamp HXP playing with windage and elevation every 8 rounds....not to bad. Front sight needs peening and stock still has to settle. I thing sub 3" is not hard to do once all is set. 100 yards, off lead sled rest sun in my eyes and little windy.
this gun shows some good honest wear, this thing is rack grade compared to my other HRA exterior finish wise.
LMR barrel, yeah!!!!

Nice solid deep colored stock and not terribly greasy.....she sweated a bit today.... I only field stripped and cleaned for test purposes. I know the groups will tighten up once I snug up front sight, fix the handguard fit a bit and let the gun settle. My garands take a good 50 shots to really settle into the stock. once they do they shoot very predictable and consistent. Fight the erge to remove the action from the stock and dont touch the gas cylinder unless you need to fix something. Garands dont need a heck of alot of cleaning. I swipe my barrel quick with pro shot few dry patches then oil. Thats good for about 500ish rounds. I dont field strip and clean till about 1000 rounds. Circulating between 10 or so milsurps I shoot at cmp events 1000 rounds takes a little while....I will replace all the springs also with a orion7 spring pack when I do the setail strip.

I had a box of mix head stamp HXP playing with windage and elevation every 8 rounds....not to bad. Front sight needs peening and stock still has to settle. I thing sub 3" is not hard to do once all is set. 100 yards, off lead sled rest sun in my eyes and little windy.
this gun shows some good honest wear, this thing is rack grade compared to my other HRA exterior finish wise.
LMR barrel, yeah!!!!

She looks great Mac. How is the stock lock up? Is she a mixmaster or does she have mostly HRA parts?

She looks great Mac. How is the stock lock up? Is she a mixmaster or does she have mostly HRA parts?

quick look its a lot of SA parts but also considering nearing the end of production they all where putting any parts on to get them out...so its not unheard of to have a IHC or HRA with SA parts right out of the factory. Depending on where these came from and where or if they where rebuilt the only thing that really looks "newer" is the hammer and hammer spring guide?

Im willing to swap my SA op rod for a HRA ? I like shooters. By far this is the best grouping SG I have had straight from CMP with out any tweeking... I think once I get the basics done and work up a load I bet this will easily shoot sub 2" off the rest.
As I know Im a sub 6 1/4" moa shooter......all my rifles are good enough if I can put 20 rnds in the black of a SR1 target fron slinged prone position....first test show thats not going to be a problem...

Stock lock up is very snug....nice. Handgards have a bit of tweeking to be done. Im surprised I didnt get a lot of vertical stringing?

Last edited:
Should be here:

Just got home with mine as well. Full post coming later. 57 days from mailing letter to pick up.

SA post 10/45 bolt
SA post 10/45 TG
SA 2/55 barrel
Turked gas bolt
Barely visible SA/GAW stock; dark and oily with pistol disc cut out and second keel serial number (Danish) - now in the car rear window now in a black trash bag
Nice patina
Little Cracker Jack Prize in the butt stock - an original string/brass pull through.

T

What a score. GAW stock too...wow.

[h=2][/h]
UPDATE: (CC HIT TODAY!!!)

I Ordered a SA CMP Special:

Sent application: Late April
Received: 05/02/2013
Didn't get DBU, So I B'd them. They said they sent DBU on: 05/10/2013
Hit the Estore: 07/11/2013
CC: 09/05/13
Ship: ?
Delivered: ?

Order send today 9/10/31
Funny part was the smiley face of the USPS employee.[rofl] She know what it was for.Only words she say was ENJOY [wink]
1 HRA SG & 1 Ammo Can.

I hate you people. I just mailed out an order for another one.

- - - Updated - - -

Should be here:

SA post 10/45 bolt
SA post 10/45 TG
SA 2/55 barrel
Turked gas bolt
Nice patina

T

Thats a nice field grade. Too bad they aren't accepting orders for them anymore.

Just order 2 cans of hxp ammo every 2 or 3 weeks until the year is out. The ammo comes faster. With a steady flow of ammo every 3 weeks it will help pass the time.
Also order a nice Turner sling.

I hate you people. I just mailed out an order for another one.

- - - Updated - - -

Thats a nice field grade. Too bad they aren't accepting orders for them anymore.

You may hate me, but remember all the problems I had with it from a bent op-rod to a broken op-rod spring, but CMP stood by it and as of this week, two months after I got it, I've made a shooter out of it. I wonder what I would have gotten if they had given me a SG. I've already replaced the lower band as it was badly buggered and had no finish. Metal condition is definitely lesser in FG. I have a correct PO gas plug coming as the one in it has no finish at all, and am looking for a wartime gas screw as this one has 10% finish.

T

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom