New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

I hadn't received my DBU letter after a month, so of course I B'd them. They had sent it, but had my email address wrong. This came along with the email. Give a little hope to those waiting from March.

From CMP:
The sales department is currently processing orders from 3/4/2013. Average processing time is 60-90 days.

Yeah, I've felt need to B them twice. Glad I did, since it seems my order had been "misplaced" for over a month the first time around. I'll never say an ill word about any of those folks. They've always been wonderful to speak with and they're busting their humps for us over there... but they are human and sometimes a polite inquiry is useful.

Psyched that they're up to 3/4... the SA SG I ordered on 1/22 may be someone near the front of the line! ("... he wrote, hopefully")

Yeah, I've felt need to B them twice. Glad I did, since it seems my order had been "misplaced" for over a month the first time around. I'll never say an ill word about any of those folks. They've always been wonderful to speak with and they're busting their humps for us over there... but they are human and sometimes a polite inquiry is useful.

Psyched that they're up to 3/4... the SA SG I ordered on 1/22 may be someone near the front of the line! ("... he wrote, hopefully")

I felt terrible bothering them. Like you said they are busting humps and waiting patiently is part of the process with them. Agreed they are super nice to deal with. Hope your SA SG comes in soon!

I read on the CMP Forums that HRA FG's are way backordered...evidently they don't have any in that poor of a condition to be classed as a FG!! So I sent an e-mail to the nice customer service rep there and inquired in total violation of the DBU letter. They responded back with "would I mind taking a Springfield instead" I answered yes as I also read the chances of getting a WWII veteren are very high with FG Springfields.......

I'll update when it arrives....

Nice!!!Congrats!! I'm so tempted to send off my paperwork for more! I would love a wwII vintage Springfield too bad they aren't accepting orders for the springfields...

I'm so glad I got off my a$$ 18 months ago and got my '42 SA in SG with GI wood. I still kick myself for not getting a M1 carbine when they were available (2009-10?), but I was still mostly a Mauser Man then. I've loosened up a little since then, though.

MS

I got my paperwork in the mail last week but it's looking like we'll have moved before the rifle will show up. Argh!

Yes email customer service with your order # and customer id. Tell them you need to be contacted at time of shipping to determine correct shipping address. You may need to submit a new notory with address change....I will let cmp decide that though.

I still kick myself for not getting a M1 carbine when they were available (2009-10?)...

Me too. Service grades were $500.

You want a saddening activity? Go look at some CMP web captures from five years ago and take a look at availability and prices...

CMP Sales

Last edited:
I wish I never read this or the other thread. I check the Estore multiple times a day now.

I hate you guys [laugh].

Yes email customer service with your order # and customer id. Tell them you need to be contacted at time of shipping to determine correct shipping address. You may need to submit a new notory with address change....I will let cmp decide that though.

New notary is required with EVERY address change.

We'll be saying the same thing about 2013 prices a few years down the road from now.

The best time to pickup that milsurp you wanted will always be yesterday.

Last edited:
question do you have to resubmit membership in a supporting club and proof of participation in the shooting sport every time you order? thinking about putting a couple h and r's on order

question do you have to resubmit membership in a supporting club and proof of participation in the shooting sport every time you order? thinking about putting a couple h and r's on order

I believe they check your docs on record, which include expiration dates, each time you order. So long as nothing is expired I think you don't have to resubmit.

Then again, I'm a newbie waiting for my first rifle from them, so...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

We'll be saying the same thing about 2013 prices a few years down the road from now.

The best time to pickup that milsurp you wanted will always be yesterday.

I can attest to this. While I want a Garand and am getting one (SG HRA) I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted a WWII rifle. Winchester or SA, doesn't matter, but it has to be WWII.

Since they are sold out of WWII rifles I am unlikely to get one for the super low price of 550-650. Ever. [crying] Especially because I have no money to do so if they come in stock.

WWII dated M1 receivers/rifle are not sold out. They have many many crates of rifles to still sort through.
Winchesters may be becoming less to come by but im sure the CMP has plenty of SA WWII era left. They are just not ready for shipment. Plus CMP is back logged 20K+ orders, 6k of which from cmp forum post are for 22lr ammo! So be patient......never say never keep saving...cash in cans, scrap metal what ever it takes.
Do you use coupons, well if you dont start I save close to 200.00 month in coupons, not even trying.

As for records, I do not think the firearms safety cert. runs out as long as its on record with them.
after 3 years or address changes you will need a new notory
Personally I just include all the info in each order I mail in.
Easiest club affiliation is The Garand Collectors Association or GOAL of massachusetts.

Last edited:
WWII dated M1 receivers/rifle are not sold out. They have many many crates of rifles to still sort through.
Winchesters may be becoming less to come by but im sure the CMP has plenty of SA WWII era left. They are just not ready for shipment. Plus CMP is back logged 20K+ orders, 6k of which from cmp forum post are for 22lr ammo! So be patient......never say never keep saving...cash in cans, scrap metal what ever it takes.
Do you use coupons, well if you dont start I save close to 200.00 month in coupons, not even trying.

As for records, I do not think the firearms safety cert. runs out as long as its on record with them.
after 3 years or address changes you will need a new notory
Personally I just include all the info in each order I mail in.
Easiest club affiliation is The Garand Collectors Association or GOAL of massachusetts.

THIS. I just talked to CS yesterday about updating my club membership as I renewed my GOAL membership. She said they are now back ordered on HR SG rifles as they are just flooded.

I believe they check your docs on record, which include expiration dates, each time you order. So long as nothing is expired I think you don't have to resubmit.

Yep - on my recent second order I just wrote 'on file' for each of the documentation that they asked for, but send in a photocopy of my GOAL membership as it had renewed since my first order.

Back
Top Bottom