New CMP Garands are Coming in! Post them here!

theres some nice wood one one of those! I like the lighter red one best....FG can be great. Some decent muzzle and throat numbers there also.

Happy Day!

Oops, now you have triplets. Hope you have enough food on hand for them - you do know they eat 8 servings at a time right?
MS

yes, and i have a few cans of ammo. picked up a bunch of enblocs for short money at a nearby fleamarket as well. i also have one springfield. halfway to a Brady bunch... [wink]

if someone has an extra FG springfield they would like to trade for an HRA FG ?????

Still waiting for my M1, but my first 200 rds of .30-06 are en route and due via FedEx Tuesday.

I'm guessing I have to be here (MA) to sign for it. Anyone know different? I have a customer meeting that day until 2pm, so I'm hoping FedEx hits my area later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Still waiting for my M1, but my first 200 rds of .30-06 are en route and due via FedEx Tuesday.

I'm guessing I have to be here (MA) to sign for it. Anyone know different? I have a customer meeting that day until 2pm, so I'm hoping FedEx hits my area later...

no, they won't leave it.. you can call or go online and have them hold it at the nearest fedex facility (not kinkos/fedex) and you can pick it up there at your convenience. rerouting is easy. closeness of the facility may not be

This came in yesterday - a nice addition to my small but growing Garand collection...in fantastic shape - some scuffing on the hand guard but not a bit of rust present:

Directly from the CMP - I had resigned myself to a fairly beat up bayonet, but was pleasantly surprised to say the least.
Its an American Fork and Hoe - some other forums are reporting that they are tending to be the best in shape of what the CMP has.

I have half my CMP order coming in this week. The ammo part that is, so will a signature be required for the ammo? Will they leave a tag, if nobody home, that I can sign for them to leave it the next day? Working on the arrangements to possibly pick up rifle at one of facilities if I'm not home to sign. Close but yet......

I have half my CMP order coming in this week. The ammo part that is, so will a signature be required for the ammo? Will they leave a tag, if nobody home, that I can sign for them to leave it the next day? Working on the arrangements to possibly pick up rifle at one of facilities if I'm not home to sign. Close but yet......

I asked this question earlier. Yes, signature… Yes, distribution center

Sorry 30 Mauser. I misread your post thinking just the rifle signature part, as I got excited to see e-store pending and wanted to be ready for Father's day self gift,[thumbsup].
I will post all my details upon the packages arrival in the next week or 2.[smile]

so heres mine, sent the paperwork in back in February, came this past friday

xBmOlM3.jpg

HRA Service Grade

ME 1+
TE 2

seems mostly correct so far except for the trigger group (its an IHC)

its a 5.5 serial number which i believe from my research puts it between 1954-56

the barrel is dated 3-55 (so maybe somewhere closer to there? i dont know much about these yet)

its a 5.5 serial number which i believe from my research puts it between 1954-56)
There are many people on the CMP forum who'd happily trade trigger groups with you for an HRA. You'd probably even make a little cash along with it, too.
the barrel is dated 3-55 (so maybe somewhere closer to there? i dont know much about these yet)
Sounds original.

Has anyone placed an order for rifle in the past 30 days and received a DBU letter yet? Thanks. Sent mine around May 1.
New Order Timeline Thread at CMP Forums
You'll probably wear out your refresh button checking for updates. Has all pertinent info with regards to received, DBU, eStore, and shipping dates.

- - - Updated - - -

so heres mine, sent the paperwork in back in February, came this past friday

xBmOlM3.jpg

HRA Service Grade

ME 1+
TE 2

its a 5.5 serial number which i believe from my research puts it between 1954-56

Need more pics. These are the last of "the good old days" for the CMP M1 rifles. Idk how they could get any prettier than the HRAs we've seen recently.

I'm getting itchy for my H&R:

Recvd: 3/7/2013
DBU: 3/14/2013
Estore: (n/a as of today)
CC: ??
Shipped: ???

My count makes it just about under 90 days.

I hadn't received my DBU letter after a month, so of course I B'd them. They had sent it, but had my email address wrong. This came along with the email. Give a little hope to those waiting from March.

From CMP:
The sales department is currently processing orders from 3/4/2013. Average processing time is 60-90 days.

Back
Top Bottom