New Acquisitions for January 2012

This showed up today.... finally, almost 2 weeks late

Sentry G2459E
G2459E_a.jpg

I ordered it on December 12th and it was supposed to be in by the 9th. I can't complain too much though. I got it on sale for $599.99 with free shipping and because I called and bitched about it being late I got the company to knock off another 10%. So I ended up getting this for $540 shipped. Now that's a bargain!

This showed up today.... finally, almost 2 weeks late

Sentry G2459E
G2459E_a.jpg

I ordered it on December 12th and it was supposed to be in by the 9th. I can't complain too much though. I got it on sale for $599.99 with free shipping and because I called and bitched about it being late I got the company to knock off another 10%. So I ended up getting this for $540 shipped. Now that's a bargain!

Cut little safe you got there! [wink]

First 22lr semiauto added to my collection: Manurhin/Walther PP ANIB in packing oil still. It's a C&R gun so it was delivered to my door!

PP_sm.jpg

Just finished this last night. My first real long range setup. I can't wait for some better weather to arrive to go test this out.

0d386c5e.jpg

320c57aa.jpg

4743bc57.jpg

bf2a62a9.jpg

df312b77.jpg

3a4eabb4.jpg

The rifle is how it comes from the Remington factory. It has an 5-R rifling in a 26" barrel with 1 in 11.25 twist (same as military M24). Stock is a Bell and Carlson Medalist A5. I will be getting it inletted for a magazine setup.

I'm looking to join a 400 yard range about an hour away. That should be fun :)

The scope, as mentioned, is a SWFA SS 5-20x50 FFP. The reticle is in the front element so as you zoom in and out it changes as well. This allows you to range and estimate distance at any magnification.

SWFA Scopes can be seen here: http://swfa.com/

It has milrad adjustments. .1 mil per click. The reticle is also in milrads so I can very easily make adjustments based on what I see in the scope. There is plenty of elevation available to be able to sight in at 1000 yards. Glass is very clear and lets it lots of light. I was going to go with a Nightforce, but for the same specs it would have been over $2k. The SWFA scopes are supposed to be very nice and well worth the money compared to its quality. It is beefy! After bore sighting it, I went up 10 mils then back down to zero and checked it. Spot on. Did the same on the windage and every time it was the same. It will be good to test it once I hit the range. We're getting some snow right now and I don't fee like heading to the range until it gets a bit warmer out.

I also picked up a Kestrel weather station to give me all my current conditions I would need to input into my ballistic program on my Iphone.

Last edited:
Nice looking carbine. It is an iconic rifle, and this is a great looking example. I like the stainless look a lot.

Late 1980's Iver Johnson stainless M1 Carbine I picked up from a buddy with my xmas money (thanks, Mom!)

... and yes, I know it's a compromise weapon, but I had to have it as my first rifle because we have pictures of my great-grandfather (for whom I was named) demonstrating it for, and firing it alongside, Ike, Bradley, Palmer and Churchill shortly after it was rolled out to the troops in 1942-43. His brass nameplate is visible in this picture and you can find a full bio on Wikipedia.

IMG_00000105.jpg

I didn't even know they made a rifle version of this firearm. I've seen some nice examples of the survival pistol version for sale but this is a really nice pick up!

Got This last month, but forgot to post it. So here it is............

What we have here is a rare first Gen Bushmaster in the even rarer stainless finish. These were made in the late 70's and are the Rifle version of the Gwinn pistols that Bushmaster produced for the air force around the same time.

011.jpg

019.jpg

I didn't even know they made a rifle version of this firearm. I've seen some nice examples of the survival pistol version for sale but this is a really nice pick up!

Thanks. I saw a pic of one a few years back and since then have been trying to find one. These are super rare and therefore very difficult to find. I was extremely lucky to find the rarest model made in almost nib condition. The stainless finish with factory folding stock is nearly impossible to come by. I got lucky and saw it on GB. Immediately went with the buy it now.

It shoots great and it's definitely a keeper.

The rifle is how it comes from the Remington factory. It has an 5-R rifling in a 26" barrel with 1 in 11.25 twist (same as military M24). Stock is a Bell and Carlson Medalist A5. I will be getting it inletted for a magazine setup.

I'm looking to join a 400 yard range about an hour away. That should be fun :)

The scope, as mentioned, is a SWFA SS 5-20x50 FFP. The reticle is in the front element so as you zoom in and out it changes as well. This allows you to range and estimate distance at any magnification.

My friend your racking out quite a sweet collection, thanks for sharing with us.

Wanted one for a long time and stumbled on one yesterday at North Shore Firearms! S&W mod 39-2. Pretty good shape, very good price...one of my Holy Grails! Can't wait to get it to the range.
DSCF1540.jpg

DSCF1546.jpg

Nice 39-2, they're great guns. My Grandfather bought mine in 1971 and it still shoots great 40 years later.

Back
Top Bottom