• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

New Acquisitions for January 2012

Going to try to get some much better pictures but here's my first gun.

IMG_20111231_153240.jpg

IMG_20111231_153256.jpg

Blackwater P226 in 9mm

Technically purchased "last year", but its gonna get its first test fire this year [smile]

Sig 226 e2 pic 1.jpg

This was made prior to the slide release change in the 80s or so, so I had to change that so it would lock open on newer mags. And as you can see the new grips which I had a bunch of help from fellow NESers here. Thanks again to those guys.

Also finished my Saiga Build:
tn2012_01010166.JPG

Nice Saiga! I'm about neuter mine for the sake of AWB compliance. How heavy is the the rail system? I think I might trade out for a fuglystick.

I admit it is a little heavy, but I think its manageable. The nice thing about this one is that I can take off the top rail and it becomes a tri-rail, which I dont recall being that heavy. Fugly sticks seem kinda cool too, but I like to have rail options.

M&P .45 acp with Streamlight TLR-2 light and laser combo. Actually bought the M&P on 12/31, but the TLR-2 came today. Trigger job coming up in the next week or so. My new home defense gun, for things that go bump in the night.

HanukkahTaffy004.jpg

HanukkahTaffy002.jpg

Got This last month, but forgot to post it. So here it is............

What we have here is a rare first Gen Bushmaster in the even rarer stainless finish. These were made in the late 70's and are the Rifle version of the Gwinn pistols that Bushmaster produced for the air force around the same time.

011.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

lol it's like the reeses cup of assault rifles, lah man, you got your AR in my Galil!" just kidding dude, that's a sweet Bushy!

unfortunately it's not a firearm but I like it so here's my Dec/Jan acquisition.

4b44e259-d0d8-60d5.jpg

4b44e259-d0ff-615a.jpg

oh, and I can comfirm it is stupid sharp! [wink]

4b44e259-d13a-bb90.jpg

Last edited:

What we have here is a rare first Gen Bushmaster in the even rarer stainless finish. These were made in the late 70's and are the Rifle version of the Gwinn pistols that Bushmaster produced for the air force around the same time.

011.jpg

018.jpg

015.jpg

019.jpg

Damn that thing is sweet

Pictures not working, will edit when i get them uploaded to a server...

Just picked up these two beauties.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lmao always armed u r a better than me for posting pics of a screw up like that!

hahaha, i've had way more than my share of stitches so whether they're my fault or not i'm not really embarrassed about anything anymore.

i was cutting all the string on a bunch of kids toys on xmas eve. when my cousins 2yo son saw the toys he sprinted towards me and i tried to move my hands away from him and close the knife at the same time. pinky hanging off the blade and not in eye sight = 5 stitches on xmas eve lol. with a blade this big and sharp you have to make sure you have ALL 8 fingers and 2 thumbs securely on a flat surface when closing. that is definitely the best lesson i learned fro
this acquisiton!

lol it's like the reeses cup of assault rifles, lah man, you got your AR in my Galil!" just kidding dude, that's a sweet Bushy!

unfortunately it's not a firearm but I like it so here's my Dec/Jan acquisition.

oh, and I can comfirm it is stupid sharp! [wink]

4b44e259-d13a-bb90.jpg

Dip that finger in gun oil, wrap it in duct tape and it will heal in 24hrs. [laugh]

Knives seem to be a hot item this month. My Ka-Bar. Any tips to soften up the sheath?

Neatsfoot oil, mink oil, any number of leather conditioners. Neatsfoot and mink will make it so soft, you could crumple it into a ball, in the palm of your hand.

Of course it's an exageration, but they work well.

Last edited:

dude. that is so badass.

M17 Eddystone. Earlier production with barrel date of February 1918. WWII refurb with dark parkerized finish fading to brown. All Eddystone parts save trigger guard, bolt body, floor plate (Winchester), and rear band (Remington). Stock has two tiny repairs, but no visible maker mark, but may also be Winchester, Bore is bright and deep rifling, but a few rough patches.

001.jpg

MS

Last edited:
photo16.jpg photo13.jpg photo1.jpg photo8.jpg photo2.jpg

Colt Combat Elite

Picked this up on consignment from Greg Derr. It has Millet front and rear sights, custom trigger heavied up to about 4lbs (it was at 3lbs but being fairly new to 1911s I wanted it a little heavier), hand fit beavertail, ambi thumb safety, large Wilson mag release, Barsto match barrel, beveled mag well, hand checkered front strap, and NIB Wilson Combat .22lr conversion. Greg thinks the custom work looks like it was done by Wilson, but cannot confirm. I called Wilson but they weren't sure as the records for it "would be somewhere in a cardboard box in the attic" given that the pistol was manufactured in '88.

Absolutely fell in love on my first range trip, and while the gun shoots MUCH better than I do, I still managed to get lucky.
photo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom