New Acquisitions for January 2012

Got This last month, but forgot to post it. So here it is............

What we have here is a rare first Gen Bushmaster in the even rarer stainless finish. These were made in the late 70's and are the Rifle version of the Gwinn pistols that Bushmaster produced for the air force around the same time.

Sweet!

had to repost, server wasn't hosting pic...

20120106_114034.jpg

match made in heaven, bring on the zombie attacks.

Last edited:
Just picked up today from B&K Sales in Natick. I can't say enough about how great that shop is.

S&W Model 19-3. Was described as a safe queen, and I believe it. Looks pretty good for a >40yo gun.

IMG_4435.jpg

Hey Tballs that 19 is awesome - every time I see one I get sad I let mine go towards a trade... the Glock 17 gets a hell of a lot more use though so I don't stay sad for long. Got to get out a shoot together again, I will dirty up the 19 nice for you.

Hey Tballs that 19 is awesome - every time I see one I get sad I let mine go towards a trade... the Glock 17 gets a hell of a lot more use though so I don't stay sad for long. Got to get out a shoot together again, I will dirty up the 19 nice for you.

Deal. I'll be @ Harvard tomorrow AM dirtying up both 19s (Glock & Smith) along with some other goodies.

Deal. I'll be @ Harvard tomorrow AM dirtying up both 19s (Glock & Smith) along with some other goodies.

Dam - car in the shop and no way to get to the club today. I will be working the breakfast on Sunday then hitting the ranges (shotgun). If your around come on by have a bite and off load some more rounds.

Late 1980's Iver Johnson stainless M1 Carbine I picked up from a buddy with my xmas money (thanks, Mom!)

... and yes, I know it's a compromise weapon, but I had to have it as my first rifle because we have pictures of my great-grandfather (for whom I was named) demonstrating it for, and firing it alongside, Ike, Bradley, Palmer and Churchill shortly after it was rolled out to the troops in 1942-43. His brass nameplate is visible in this picture and you can find a full bio on Wikipedia.

IMG_00000105.jpg

Last edited:
Late 1980's Iver Johnson stainless M1 Carbine I picked up from a buddy with my xmas money (thanks, Mom!)

... and yes, I know it's a compromise weapon, but I had to have it as my first rifle because we have pictures of my great-grandfather (for whom I was named) demonstrating it for, and firing it alongside, Ike, Bradley, Palmer and Churchill shortly after it was rolled out to the troops in 1942-43. His brass nameplate is visible in this picture and you can find a full bio on Wikipedia.

IMG_00000105.jpg

I think it's pretty awesome,I have seen a picture of Churchill and Eisenhower having a match
Group.jpg

I always wondered if someone made a stainless version of the m1 carbine, now I know!

I think it's pretty awesome,I have seen a picture of Churchill and Eisenhower having a match
Group.jpg

I always wondered if someone made a stainless version of the m1 carbine, now I know!
Holy f'ing sh**... THAT's my great-grandfather, Ted Brooks, over Ike's right shoulder!!! My family has the whole series of these pictures.

btw, it's not so much a "match" as it was a presentation to Churchill of the numerous small arms being employed by the Allies. Since the Carbine was new, and Churchill had always loved the latest in small arms tech (he carried the Broomhandle during the Boer Wars), they had a little hands-on demo at the end of the presentation. [grin]

I grew up with these pictures on the mantel, and they are the very reason I bought the M1C. Wow.

NAA mini 22lr with folding grips

2012-01-07_17-23-38_657.jpg

2012-01-07_17-27-14_802.jpg

2012-01-07_17-24-14_701.jpg

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Wow that's an interesting gun!! If Will made that on SOG, I think it would win a "that's a game changer" title :)

Seriously cool, I have never seen anything like that before. I'm sure they are out there, but new to me.

How does it shoot??

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet. I know a few people that have them and from what they say they are decent at close range. I just couldn't resist it just because I think it's neat as hell and a great addition to the collection.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Holy f'ing sh**... THAT's my great-grandfather, Ted Brooks, over Ike's right shoulder!!! My family has the whole series of these pictures.

btw, it's not so much a "match" as it was a presentation to Churchill of the numerous small arms being employed by the Allies. Since the Carbine was new, and Churchill had always loved the latest in small arms tech (he carried the Broomhandle during the Boer Wars), they had a little hands-on demo at the end of the presentation. [grin]

I grew up with these pictures on the mantel, and they are the very reason I bought the M1C. Wow.

That a really great picture to have of your great-grandfather. Really great that your family has hierlooms like that to preserve history and the role your family played in it and experienced. I love that type of stuff.

Awesome!!!!

That a really great picture to have of your great-grandfather. Really great that your family has hierlooms like that to preserve history and the role your family played in it and experienced. I love that type of stuff.

Awesome!!!!
So cool to see it out there in "public", too. I wonder where CMP got a hold of it!

You, know, I was actually fortunate enough to have known Daddy-Pop (that's what his grandchildren and great-grandchildren called him), and spent a lot of time with him during his final summer in his woods and on the lake in NH. While we kids were all a bit intimidated by him, he treated us all with respect beyond our years and was a grandfather like you read about.

Last edited:
Group.jpg

Awesome picture! I'm surprised I've never seen this photo of Churchill before -and to have your relative in the photo, I'm speechless. I read one of the best bios on Churchill, "The Last Lion," by William Manchester who was actually from Springfield, Mass. I asked my Grandpa if he knew him, and he said he did and that they grew up in the same neighborhood. It's a small world sometimes. [thumbsup]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom