New Acquisitions for January 2012

Got the 1918 M17 Eddystone (post #26) to the range yesterday. Here are the first 5 rounds of HXP '70's M2 ball, benched at 25 meters at a 0.5 inch block MOA target.

001-7.jpg

The old girl still has some life in her.

MS

Last edited:
Just picked up this FN today. The EAA below it I really got in December, but never posted a photo so I just wanted to add that as well

7e2932b9.jpg

c2b62116.jpg

Hi Ash ,True, it has been a great thing to get my son involved in.
I've reconditioned some and he sees that a little effort can yield great rewards

CMP Service Grade U.S. Springfield M1 Garand. Receiver dates to December 1942. Barrel is very good and dates to December 1954; ME is 1+, TE is 2+. GI wood, HRA cartouche on stock. Original web sling, P.K.W. 1944. Came today; top pic as received, second after quick wipedown and two coats of cut BLO.

012.jpg

015-1.jpg

MS

Last edited:
Gorgeous!!

CMP Service Grade U.S. Springfield M1 Garand. Receiver dates to December 1942. Barrel is very good and dates to December 1954; ME is 1+, TE is 2+. GI wood, HRA cartouche on stock. Original web sling, P.K.W. 1944. Came today; top pic as received, second after quick wipedown and two coats of cut BLO.

MS

Last edited:
Hard to tell. Is that 2 tone? Looks all black, but you said you weren't getting the black diamond. Congrats either way!

Yeah, it does look all black in that pic....

It is the two tone.

Damn kahr makes some tight guns! I can see why the require 20 break in rounds! I'm going to go give it a good beating on Sunday.

Yay! First bolt gun! Remington 700 VSSF II . 223 w/ Leupold Vari-X III 6.5-20x50mm.

Just traded for it yesterday. Can't wait till it warms up so I can check it out.

The trigger is absolutely awesome! It feels close to a 2lb pull that is very crisp!

I'm going to shoot off the bench, but plan on getting a sling and Harris bipod for it.

I'd love to change stocks, or at least do a detachable magazine, but I think I need to shoot it as is before I decide if I want to make any changes.

5222f82c.jpg

c8629607.jpg

What's wrong with that stock? I could be wrong but it looks like a H-S precision

It is. I've heard they are very good stocks. I won't be changing it on this rifle. Just would love an Accuracy International AICS chassis for another build down the road:)

LMAO...I don't like cold. Should be 30 tomorrow. Guess i'll deal with it and run some rounds through it tomorrow.

100_1147.jpg
Ruger MkIII bull barrel from Four Seasons. The basic target .22 pistol for lots of indoor wintertime shooting. Hefty and solid, but wow was this drenched in oil when I got it home and gave it a cleaning. Also it needs about 4 different sized flat-head screwdrivers to make all necessary adjustments. I'll take it to the range tomorrow at 6AM!

I added the big brother today. Really like my SW M&P9c, so as an early birthday present got myself the SW M&P 9mm 4.5". This is going to be my choice for next this season's shooting events. Looking forward to the new season!!!

01-13-2012 SW MP 9mm FS - 2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom