• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My very first negligent discharge

45Badger

NES Member
Was clearing a Glock 26 in the garage and got moving too fast for my own good. Racked slide to clear gun a split second before dropping mag. Pulled trigger expecting a click and got a bang.

Gun in safe direction but my left index finger was close to muzzle and got a little bruised and powder burned. Very lucky that was all.

And my ears are not happy.

Go slow and be careful!

Do any of you know if there’s anything that can be done by doc or ER to mitigate any hearing damage? Local ER is not that great and I don’t feel like waiting 6 hours for nothing.

Do any of you know if there’s anything that can be done by doc or ER to mitigate any hearing damage? Local ER is not that great and I don’t feel like waiting 6 hours for nothing.

Maybe like the ringing from a rock concert that last for a few hours afterwards, maybe just give it some time?

Nope. Damage is done at the exact time of the noise. Now - you just have to give it time and hope there's no hearing loss or permanent tinnitus.

Do any of you know if there’s anything that can be done by doc or ER to mitigate any hearing damage?
I would think not but I am not a doctor. I would give it a day and your hearing should be OK.

Back when I was young and foolish I sat next to the PA at a Black Sabbath concert, ears were ringing pretty good when I got home. Next day they were fine (I Think???)

At least it didn't happen where you were living when I bought your trailer. :oops: Hope your hearing is going to be alright. I can't imagine how loud that would be in a enclosed area without ear protection. You just reminded all of us to take things slow and careful.

Back
Top Bottom