"Accidental Discharge" by Cambridge SRO (in bathroom, of course)

A few decades ago, a local cop in town was dicking around with his gun in the cruiser. The gun fired, the bullet went through the floor, ricocheted off the ground and struck my brother-in-law who happened to be walking down the sidewalk across the street. No blood drawn fortunately.

The ragged mushroomed bullet tore through the calf of his loose jeans just atop of his boot and dropped into his pull on Frye boot. He stopped and took his boot off and dumped the bullet out, put his boot back on, then walked up to the cruiser and asked the cop....."You missing something?" Oooops! [laugh]

Today, that would be like winning the lottery, but society just wasn't so litigious back then.

So a 22lr shell found in a stairwell means complete lockdown, but an actual pull of the trigger means carry on with your day?

Last edited:
A few decades ago, a local cop in town was dicking around with his gun in the cruiser. The gun fired, the bullet went through the floor, ricocheted off the ground and struck my brother-in-law who happened to be walking down the sidewalk across the street. No blood drawn fortunately.

The ragged mushroomed bullet tore through the calf of his loose jeans just atop of his boot and dropped into his pull on Frye boot. He stopped and took his boot off and dumped the bullet out, put his boot back on, then walked up to the cruiser and asked the cop....."You missing something?" Oooops! [laugh]

Today, that would be like winning the lottery, but society just wasn't so litigious back then.
I actually had this happen to me once although I caused it I fired a 230gr 45 FMJ ball round at a piece of bulletproof acrylic that was way too close to be safe..... the bullet turned into a mushroom pancake-like thing and it actually ricocheted and hit me on the wrist and it went up my sleeve. At first I thought I got stung by a bee in the wrist but I was like it's too freaking cold for bees! Then the flattened slug fell out of my hoodie sleeve onto the ground.... 🤣 needless to say I became a lot more cautious about how I use reactive targets. 🤣

I actually had this happen to me once although I caused it I fired a 230gr 45 FMJ ball round at a piece of bulletproof acrylic that was way too close to be safe..... the bullet turned into a mushroom pancake-like thing and it actually ricocheted and hit me on the wrist and it went up my sleeve. At first I thought I got stung by a bee in the wrist but I was like it's too freaking cold for bees! Then the flattened slug fell out of my hoodie sleeve onto the ground.... 🤣 needless to say I became a lot more cautious about how I use reactive targets. 🤣
Yup, it happens more frequently than people think.
This guy is one of the luckiest people in the world.

View: https://youtu.be/QokV7HzJhG4?si=rzqjge0KiiH-JInK

LOL!

I'm not even slightly suprised.

SROs tend to come in two basic flavors: squared-away, seasoned cops with kids in the schools, and friendly time-servers on the verge of retirement. I wonder which kind this was.

Media and police spokesperson describing the exact same incident:

FalArAk = Negligent discharge

LEO = Accidental discharge
It's all the proof that you need that police are above the law.

Consequences of a civilian ND:
-loss of firearms
-loss of LTC
-a slew of charges including discharge near a dwelling, disorderly, and disturbing peace

Consequences of a popo ND:
-qualified immunity, since they carry firearms as part of their job and things happen.

It's all the proof that you need that police are above the law.

Consequences of a civilian ND:
-loss of firearms
-loss of LTC
-a slew of charges including discharge near a dwelling, disorderly, and disturbing peace

Consequences of a popo ND:
-qualified immunity, since they carry firearms as part of their job and things happen.

As a civilian, you probably go to jail.

Quote from Moonbat Central WCVB:

Youth resource officer Frank Greenidge was using a staff bathroom and removed his department issued firearm from its holster when it unintentionally discharged, Cambridge police confirmed. All Cambridge Police officers carry the Sig Sauer P320, a gun that has a history of allegedly firing without the trigger being pulled.

No one was injured, but it's the fourth incident involving a P320 in Cambridge since 2019.

“Cambridge, the police department is on notice at this point. There's no question that it's on notice that this gun has a serious problem,” said attorney Jeff Bagnell, who represents Cambridge police lieutenant Thomas Ahern.

Firearm that discharged in Mass. school linked to similar incidents

The idiots On Reddit were saying the NH guy in Ipswich should go to jail for the rest of his life. Curious how theyll spin this one

I have heard a lot of anecdotes about P320 firing accidentally. Sig claims there's nothing wrong with them. What's the real story?

Back
Top Bottom