• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Son is going to be a dangerous man.

Have you ever taken a Ruger apart? [laugh]

Believe it or not, it tore down easier than my MK III Competition. I didn't realize the process was different, so I did it a few times to really get it down. It's starting to feel easier, but the barrel/receiver still needs a rubber mallet. I ordered a few parts yesterday, including a new hammer bushing to eliminate the mag safety. That will eliminate the constant back and forth with the magazine during takedown.

Three more bonuses for a kid are:

A. Loading magazines. The Walther mags are much easier on the thumbs.
B. Looks. The Walther looks more gunny than the Ruger.
C. Weight. The Walther is nearly half the weight of the Ruger (1.1 lbs vs 1.9 lbs).

Believe it or not, it tore down easier than my MK III Competition.

Dude, you are an Engineer. [laugh]. Us normal people have a hard time with the Ruger.

And you are 100% correct. The three things you cite are exactly what the boy likes about the Walther. He also likes that we can mount a laser on it. Kid + fricken laser = happy kid

A. Loading magazines. The Walther mags are much easier on the thumbs.

I have owned a gadget like this to help me load Ruger mags for somewhere over 30 years now. I don't get sore thumbs...

Of course, nowadays I tend to use this so I can load the mags that much faster at Steel Challenge events:
523189.jpg

But either one is better than using your thumb. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom