• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My first "gun fight"

I swear I could have typed that. I've used a few of those tactics including the same dollar amount of $300. Three hundred just has a reasonable ring to it. Over the years my wife's opinion has evolved for the better and I now have so many guns a new one just blends right in.

Yeah, my wife is pretty cool about my collection. In fact, last year before her work Christmas party, she told me I had to buy a smaller gun "Because you can't carry a cannon to my Christmas party" So I went to visit Adam and Nicole at Acme Armament and picked up a Kahr PM9, because she asked me to, and a 1911 for me because I wanted it.

She also got her LTC and learned to shoot. Mostly to make sure that if anything happened to me, my collection would not be lost before my son was old enough to own it, but also, to learn how to protect herself and our children. She doesn't shoot often, but knows how to use every gun in the safe if she has too.
We have a mutual agreement that is something is important to one of us, as long as we are not spending irresponsibly, buy it. We trust each other. If she goes shopping and buys stuff she thinks we need, I never question her and if I come home with a new gun or a case of ammo, she doesn't harass me about it.
A couple of months ago I was showing my Son a lever action rifle for sale on the classifieds and she said " Why don't you buy it and it will be your birthday gift from me" Pretty cool

Ex: "Guns can go off all by themselves. Guns should be unloaded and locked in the safe where they can't hurt anyone. Only police should have guns."

Girlfriend: "i love this pistol class, I know what I want for my first gun. You need a bigger safe. I think three guns in the first year is a decent start for me, what should I get?"

When I told the g/f I sold my wedding ring and it paid for an AK, all she wanted to know was if hers would be worth enough for her own:)

I'm a lucky man!

wife likes shooting have no problems with buying guns or any think else for that matter as long as the bills are payed she could care less.

A few days ago I told my wife I woud need another safe because I have no more room. Then forgetting that I had said that - yesterday I told her I was thinking of picking up something else because it was a good deal. She says " I thought you said you would need another safe if you got more guns" ... I said "um....."[thinking]

Never had this problem. I've already said I would be buying my Christmas toy in January. A revolver this time.

I really don't understand why people hide things from their spouses. Or marry people who don't believe in the same principles.

Between those two things it shouldn't be surprising why the divorce rate is so high.

I don't "hide things" -- hence, the gun-fights [laugh]
To my wife's credit, she's come a l-o-n-g way from her former views on guns. I think women are just more susceptible to the liberal intelligentsia (if it can even be called that) and the anti-'s warped views on firearms (e.g. No one needs a scary black assault rifle unless they're in the military). Liberals appeal to emotions and women are much more open to an emotional appeal (e.g. "It's for the children" [puke]),

I didn't know that 300 was the golden number when I told my girlfriend thats what i paid my new m&p40c ... I also said it was used... And bought it from a friend who really needed the cash....

It has always been my magic number, as that's what my first gun cost (long gone sw9ve) and the price came up in our conversation about the fact that I would be bringing guns into the house. Since then if it comes up in conversation it was "a REALLY good deal". Most women can't deny a purchase if it was a good deal. Besides, she knows I usually come out ahead when I buy/sell guns.

I already did this one once this year (thanks to some NES'ers for the idea). I need to wait anouther 6months before I try that one again...

Yup i herd that here first on nes as well, thankfully im singal and no one trys to stop me.....ha ha ha....yes im broke now. [sad]

My wife has no idea how many guns I have or their worth. I think she has an idea though, she just doesn't say anything.

It's the ammo that she complains about. When UPS drops of case after case you can't hide it...

Back
Top Bottom