My first "gun fight"

So I bought my first gun about a month ago and yesterday I brought home my second. I l knew my wife would probably disapprove so I brought her something too.

I collect a lot of scrap steel, copper and wire at work and I've been saving it for a while. I cashed it in yesterday, bought myself a gun and saved the rest for my wife thinking that would take some of the heat off.

When I got home I just put the gun box on the counter with a stack of money on top of it, when my wife finally noticed I tried to be funny and just said "where did that come from?" Right away she knew what was up. I told her what I did and said that's my half and there's your half.

Lets just say thank god today was Thanksgiving and we were busy cooking and entertaining. Otherwise I'd still be on the dog house. Oh we'll probably the first of many!

Hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!

So you have basically found money, buy yourself a gun an give her the rest and she was mad? My wife would be ecstatic and not even think about the gun shed just be happy it didn't buy 2 guns and give her nothing.

I love the fact that as long as my share of the bills are paid, she doesn't give a flyin **** what I buy with MY MONEY.

If your wife puts you in the dog house just because you bought a gun, then you have serious problems ahead.

-Mike

NES is the best place to turn for gun related marital advice. Let me tell you what I have learned thus far:

1. If possible, bring your new gun home when she is not around. She doesn't have the combo to your safe.

2. If spotted with a new gun, claim that you have had it for years.

3. When confronted about a new gun, tell her that it is your buddies gun and he asked you to clean it for him.

4. When you finally have to admit you bought a new gun, it cost $300. All guns only cost $300. Even if it is a $4000 custom 1911, it cost $300. Don't worry, if something happens to you and you she has to sell them, we will tell her that your guns have appreciated in value and tell her what they are worth.

I can not believe that you gave her half of the cash. You could have used that to buy another gun.[rolleyes]

These are the things that need to be discussed before the ring...do you want kids/how many, are you ok w/my addiction to firearms? etc.

I'm the sole breadwinner in the family, so my money is our money. The bills get paid, the retirement and college funds get filled, the vacations are taken and I have never questioned any of her purchases and she doesn't question mine. Oh, and all guns are 300 dollars

Believe me I wanted to buy another or a cart load of ammo but I'm already in the holiday mood I guess and was feeling generous.

She wasn't mad that I bought another gun she was mad that I didn't mention it to her. She said don't sneak around and try to hide it, just to tell her. Sooooo I guess that's the go ahead to continue building the arsenal!

She wasn't mad that I bought another gun she was mad that I didn't mention it to her. She said don't sneak around and try to hide it, just to tell her. Sooooo I guess that's the go ahead to continue building the arsenal!

You shouldn't have to sneak around but you shouldn't need "permission" either.

-Mike

I'm the sole breadwinner in the family, so my money is our money. The bills get paid, the retirement and college funds get filled, the vacations are taken and I have never questioned any of her purchases and she doesn't question mine. Oh, and all guns are 300 dollars

$300? Mine are no more than 2!

NES is the best place to turn for gun related marital advice. Let me tell you what I have learned thus far:

1. If possible, bring your new gun home when she is not around. She doesn't have the combo to your safe.

3. When confronted about a new gun, tell her that it is your buddies gun and he asked you to clean it for him.

4. When you finally have to admit you bought a new gun, it cost $300. All guns only cost $300. Even if it is a $4000 custom 1911, it cost $300. Don't worry, if something happens to you and you she has to sell them, we will tell her that your guns have appreciated in value and tell her what they are worth.

I can not believe that you gave her half of the cash. You could have used that to buy another gun.[rolleyes]

God forbid she would have to sell, but we all know that $4000 gun will still be $300.....or less.

5. Make sure all guns you buy are black.

I hear its also a good idea to buy around the time of year people do raffles. so if questioned you could say you just won it.

- - - Updated - - -

May your wife and gun collection never meet.

I didn't know that 300 was the golden number when I told my girlfriend thats what i paid my new m&p40c ... I also said it was used... And bought it from a friend who really needed the cash....

You shouldn't have to sneak around but you shouldn't need "permission" either.

-Mike

Sadly, while I thought I had made many inroads... I was told I would be served papers if she "saw" anything from my collection.
Yea, I am in the $hit, in the worst state, and I have to wait till midnight to clean my guns.

Getting old fast...

Sadly, while I thought I had made many inroads... I was told I would be served papers if she "saw" anything from my collection.
Yea, I am in the $hit, in the worst state, and I have to wait till midnight to clean my guns.

Getting old fast...

I think we all have hid things from the people we love, because we care enuff not to try and make them worry or get upset. But not enuff to stop us from doing it.

I just bought a M&P15 and Rem 870 for....? You guessed it. $300

You must have got in on the same sale as I did for my M&P-15! My wife was still not happy about it because it was scary and evil looking. She's come along way about guns since then, though, so the 'all look the same' thing doesn't work anymore. It used to be that as long as she didn't see them all at the same time, they all looked the same to her. Now her biggest concern is she wants me to bring the 'bigger gun' when we go hiking. (She worries about wildlife, I'm more concerned with meth-heads)

My problem is I am a thick headed old school sob. I have made adjustments in my life due to financial difficulties, but when told I can't do something I make it a point do do it, just on principle. If my wife, who doesn't like guns, told me I had better not buy another gun, I would buy two. If that makes me an ass, I am sorry, I can't help myself.

i came home with my first gun once upon a time ago, she looks at me and says "the first of many, huh?"

she was soooo pissy til she walked outside and found out her car had new tires and was fully detailed. my reply "this is an equal relationship, you whined about your tires...bam new tires. i wanted a gun, so i bought myself a gun. i dont bitch about you spending 200 dollars at the grocery store, or the money you spend at the salon, or all the time you waste wiping your moms ass because she doesnt do anything for herself when you could be helping me paint the house etc"

no more bullshit!

Dom

This ^

All my guns cost $300 and I only have eight.

- - - Updated - - -

or all the time you waste wiping your moms ass because she doesnt do anything for herself when you could be helping me paint the house etc"

Hmm, I bet that one went over really well. [wink]

I was on the AR 15 site a couple of weeks ago, the wife looks over my shoulder and say`s you are not buying one of those.
Now mind you she is an English teacher who love to play on words.
This time it back fired on her.
Walked in with 2 black guns.[smile]

- - - Updated - - -

Hmm, I bet that one went over really well. [wink]

Im not going to lie, i felt really bad after the fact. it made her cry, im a bad man [sad2] twenty minutes later she came back agreed, apologized (as did i, we all say things before we think sometimes) and things went on as normal. for all her faults and all of mine, we always compromise and make amends. i love her so very much, and now she is a shooter so new guns make her smile and i never have to worry about new toys! [laugh]

Dom

If I do something dumb with money I get hell for it. If she does something dumb with money she gets hell.
Both of us work , both of us throw most of it into the House Account.
Strangely enough it works well , because we have very similar priorities. In no particular order we are

Paying down debt ( close enough to feel real good about that one )
Improving the house
Stocking long term food & gear
Upgrading the vehicles
Upgrading the Bug out cabin/summer fun place.
Building a careful selection of firearms, accessories and ammo.

I find I have a good wife , and frankly , she's better at money than I am.

I swear I could have typed that. I've used a few of those tactics including the same dollar amount of $300. Three hundred just has a reasonable ring to it. Over the years my wife's opinion has evolved for the better and I now have so many guns a new one just blends right in.

Back
Top Bottom