• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Dan Wesson Rifle….Revolver?

Well the shroud has officially been shipped back to DW to be drilled and tapped. I should post that over on the DW forum to see the collectors' heads explode [laugh]
Dude, wait. Then post:
Check out my newest acquisition. One of a kind, factory drilled and tapped. No, it's not for sale, I'm facing having too much fun shooting it!

(reason for edit: that Swypo though...)

Last edited:
Well the shroud has officially been shipped back to DW to be drilled and tapped. I should post that over on the DW forum to see the collectors' heads explode
Purists are the worst

RightUnconsciousHermitcrab-size_restricted.gif

Hahaha! The only reason I bought a Heritage revolving rifle was to keep my 1858 Remington revolving rifle company. And they can be fitted with magnum cylinders!
Isn't the heritage a .22? Or do they make one in a real caliber?

I have a revolving rifle, it was originally a BP gun, but have a conversion cylinder for 45LC.

There is a company that turns revolvers into revolving rifles (BFR, SW 500 ...). You can send your own or buy it directly from them.

I am thinking I might want a 460 revolving rifle. :)

They are local, from VT - Revolving Rifle Prices - Fairfax Firearm Repair LLC

The only problem with these things is the damn cylinder gap. I burnt my finger shooting a lame 9mm revolver, wouldn't like to find out with a 460, 500, 45/70 ... lol

Last edited:
Isn't the heritage a .22? Or do they make one in a real caliber?

I have a revolving rifle, it was originally a BP gun, but have a conversion cylinder for 45LC.

There is a company that turns revolvers into revolving rifles (BFR, SW 500 ...). You can send your own or buy it directly from them.

I am thinking I might want a 460 revolving rifle. :)

They are local, from VT - Revolving Rifle Prices - Fairfax Firearm Repair LLC

The only problem with these things is the damn cylinder gap. I burnt my finger shooting a lame 9mm revolver, wouldn't like to find out with a 460, 500, 45/70 ... lol

A .500 or a .460 does more than "burn" your finger.

Look at me quoting myself. Again.

7Hu6UEj.jpeg
That is beautiful.

Cimarron sells a stock you can add, I am not sure if you can add it to that revolver, but it could be worth it to check it out.

Can I borrow it to shoot a steel challenge match? [rofl]

This one just sold for $2500 shipped today and didn’t have zebrawood grips, no barrel box and no tools.
Mine was just a tiny hair under $2k including transfer fee. Damn. And I thought I overpaid 😂
Obviously, there's a lot that goes into the idea of "overpaying." Just because someone gets beat worse than you doesn't mean you're not limping for a week from your own loss... ;)

This one just sold for $2500 shipped today and didn’t have zebrawood grips, no barrel box and no tools.
Mine was just a tiny hair under $2k including transfer fee. Damn. And I thought I overpaid 😂
If you're happy with your purchase , and you paid what you were willing to pay ........ You didn't over pay.

Good catch! The guy who bought it is a member on the DW forum.
View attachment 554168

View attachment 554169
LMAO, that's what happens when you wait until the last minute to create an account.

Or, he is full of sh*t.

Anyway, who the f*ck bids past the BIN? ... my guess it was set up by someone the seller knew, to push the price up.

Let's say the gun is at $1720, most normal people (maybe not someone here on NES hoping to save a buck) would say f*ck it and hit BIN, not risk bidding over it.

Last edited:
LMAO, that's what happens when you wait until the last minute to create an account.

Or, he is full of sh*t.

Anyway, who the f*ck bids past the BIN? ... my guess it was set up by someone the seller knew, to push the price up.

Let's say the gun is at $1720, most normal people (maybe not someone here on NES hoping to save a buck) would say f*cl it and hit BIN, not risk bidding over it.
Yup. He had been posting for over a week on the DW forum that his GB account was taking forever to verify etc. I dunno 🤷🏻‍♂️
But it sure as hell wouldn’t surprise me if the seller had someone bidding up the price

Back
Top Bottom