My Dan Wesson Rifle….Revolver?

But not a revolver.... try that with a revolver and your pants are going to be on fire, from the flame that comes out at the cylinder gap
That's what I was thinking
True. I may be wrong. May have just been 22 revolvers that used that position. Unless it was one of those contender type pistols etc.
1638678751813.jpeg

Hahahaha! This is the comment my wife made when we were looking at .22 single actions, and the guy pulled out a Heritage revolver with 16" barrel. Then the guy standing behind us said he'd just bought one. Oops.

Put a shoulder stock on that baby and it would be irresistible.

I will get one of those eventually just because of how idiotic it looks.

That DW looks awesome.

It’s actually not difficult to shoot offhand. My buddy took a slo mo video just minutes before sunset tonight. Always captures the flash.

No muzzle flash just flash around the cylinder. I think that’s due to the powder actually being able to burn inside the barrel compared to a 6" barrel for example.

I may have to tighten up the barrel-cylinder gap too. F201E834-6838-42D7-9977-C3DD65F218F5.jpeg5887E975-A876-42AA-B5B7-8C36816CE14D.jpeg

Curious to know what the gap is now. I think I read that DW sets to .004
You need some of those purple gloves the Joker wears.
0.006 with 357 mag. I may have had it a little wider since the surface of the cylinder isn’t true from chamber to chamber. I think this was definitely more than 0.006"

I didn’t want it too tight and then the cylinder heats up/expands and binds on the barrel. Trial and error

When you get bored of a 15" barrel, Magnum Rsseaech can build a custom revolver with a 20".

Oh man that’s be sweet
I’ll need another safe if I buy anymore guns. I think I have room for one more at this point.
Kentucky Ballistics and Demolition Ranch have a few of the custom BFR, they are ridiculous.

images (18).jpeg

maxresdefault.jpg

It’s actually not difficult to shoot offhand. My buddy took a slo mo video just minutes before sunset tonight. Always captures the flash.

No muzzle flash just flash around the cylinder. I think that’s due to the powder actually being able to burn inside the barrel compared to a 6" barrel for example.

I may have to tighten up the barrel-cylinder gap too. View attachment 549093View attachment 549090
I got nothing to add, but that's awesome. You should get years of enjoyment out of this.

I got nothing to add, but that's awesome. You should get years of enjoyment out of this.
I hope so. I just heard back from the gunsmith at DW this morning. I’m going to ship out the shroud to be drill n tapped for a scope base. All the DW collectors will hate me but I’m not a collector I’m a shooter 😂

I hope so. I just heard back from the gunsmith at DW this morning. I’m going to ship out the shroud to be drill n tapped for a scope base. All the DW collectors will hate me but I’m not a collector I’m a shooter 😂
That's the nice thing about DW , you can ways get another shroud that hasn't been drilled.

That's the nice thing about DW , you can ways get another shroud that hasn't been drilled.
Well except for the 12 and 15 inch shrouds as they don't make those anymore. You can still get 2.5" through 10" though. They're extremely rare and that's why most DW collectors don't want them drill and tapped.
A lot of the guys on the DW forum suggest taking a few shots with it and then putting it in the safe and just to shoot my shorter barrels. I just spent $2k on this gun so I'm not going to just throw it in the safe [laugh] . But that's the difference between collectors and shooters.

I'm going to ask Bob at DW to see if he can specify on the invoice that he drilled and tapped the shroud. At least that way if I do sell it, I have some paperwork on DW letterhead that it was done at the factory and not by some hack in his basement.

Well except for the 12 and 15 inch shrouds as they don't make those anymore. You can still get 2.5" through 10" though. They're extremely rare and that's why most DW collectors don't want them drill and tapped.
A lot of the guys on the DW forum suggest taking a few shots with it and then putting it in the safe and just to shoot my shorter barrels. I just spent $2k on this gun so I'm not going to just throw it in the safe [laugh] . But that's the difference between collectors and shooters.

I'm going to ask Bob at DW to see if he can specify on the invoice that he drilled and tapped the shroud. At least that way if I do sell it, I have some paperwork on DW letterhead that it was done at the factory and not by some hack in his basement.
I know what you mean , a lot of the guys on that forum collect , but many are shooters as well. I like that forum for DW info .........

Back
Top Bottom