• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

My Dan Wesson Rifle….Revolver?

Nice job. Dang, I have been looking for a barrel set when I have cash. never thought to go that big for mine. Although, I can do hand size groups with what I have at 100 yards with my crappy eyes. I paid $400 about 2 and half years ago for it. Revolver prices are insane here.lol
Good deal. They’re super accurate guns.
You can buy barrel assemblies direct from DW. The CZ/DW store isn’t always accurate as to inventory. That’s why I usually email Genny who’s the office and production manager at DW. [email protected].

They do offer the standard shrouds (partial underlug like yours) but charge an extra $75 to remove the underlug.

Hate to say this but I'm most likely going to put the gun along with the accessories, up for sale. I've only shot it a couple times and the "coolness" has worn off[laugh]
I also come to realize I HATE cleaning blued guns. I much prefer my SS Dan Wesson revolvers. It was more of an impulse buy as I threw in a bid on that auction without really thinking I'd get it...

I'd like to keep it in MA but if there's no interest here I'll EASILY sell it to one of the many DW collectors on the DW Forum.

I'm just not a collector. I don't buy guns to look at them in the safe[laugh]

Last edited:
Every time this thread gets bumped, I check it out expecting to find a pic of a broken gun.
like this?
20200730_172435-jpg.376918

Buy my 15-2…lol.

If I don’t get any interest here or on the DW forums in a few weeks, I’m wondering if I should throw the 15 inch barrel assembly up on eBay to get top dollar. Then buy a new 2.5" or 4" barrel assembly from DW and sell the gun with that shorter barrel for a much lower price. I realize not everyone wants to (or can) spend over $2k on a revolver.

Buy my 15-2…lol.

If I don’t get any interest here or on the DW forums in a few weeks, I’m wondering if I should throw the 15 inch barrel assembly up on eBay to get top dollar. Then buy a new 2.5" or 4" barrel assembly from DW and sell the gun with that shorter barrel for a much lower price. I realize not everyone wants to (or can) spend over $2k on a revolver.
KEEP IT .......... Blued guns are much better looking than stainless , don't lie to yourself. Hahaha

Finally made a deal with a collector over on the DWF. Basically recouped 99% of my costs into the gun.
I thought about parting it out and selling the barrel assembly on eBay as some have sold for over $2k but I don't want to deal with eBay not to mention they take like 13% last I checked. Then if I did that now I have a gun frame with no barrel so I'd have to spend money on a new barrel assembly from DW...

Anyway, it is being shipped out of state. I just need to verify the buyers dealer's FFL via the ATF FFL checker and that's it right? I don't need a copy of their FFL?
Waiting to hear back from the buyer if his dealer will take in a gun from a non-FFL...

Back
Top Bottom