Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
8000+ views and only 32 confirmed going. I know the poll went up late but still.

Of course, the replies to the Boston one were around 200, and about 1000 showed up. Plus, no real word on this from NRA, SAF, or GOAL, who usually do emails on this sort of thing by now.

Gee, they make it sound so appealing, when it is a staged thing, by them.

Heaven forbid this should discuss ACTUAL, REAL guns and their use.

Like so many Americans before them, Jeremy Cross and Scott Houghton looked to the Battle Road as a symbol of freedom.

So, since they are so freedom loving, can someone who lives there ask them if they want to help sponsor this muster?

Last edited:
Handed out a couple hundred flyers today at the tax rally in Boston. Most people were very receptive only got one "no thanks I'm all set with the second amendment".

Handed out a couple hundred flyers today at the tax rally in Boston. Most people were very receptive only got one "no thanks I'm all set with the second amendment".

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to southshore again.You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to southshore again. [rolleyes]

I would really like to thank all of you who have helped us pass the word around about the April 19th, rally. And also thank all of those who have contributed to help with the financial part of the rally, and to those who are planning to contribute.

Is there anyplace better then others to park a motorcycle up there? Supposed to be in the 70s and nice. Might as well get the bike out as well as I head up there. Any recommendations?

I've been thinking about this rally coming up on Friday. With yesterday's events I've been wondering if our rally and message on Friday will end up being counterproductive. My meaning is that everyone's attention and feelings will be directed to the attack yesterday. After what was seen on TV yesterday and the immediate response, there is a very high approval and appreciation for Police, Fire, EMT, Volunteers and yes, even the Gov't. Our message would run counter to that. Anti government if you will. If the rally still goes on, I'm going to attend. But I'm worried that we'll actually cause our movement damage by having this rally so close to what just happened. It could backfire on us.

Thoughts?

I've been thinking about this rally coming up on Friday. With yesterday's events I've been wondering if our rally and message on Friday will end up being counterproductive. My meaning is that everyone's attention and feelings will be directed to the attack yesterday. After what was seen on TV yesterday and the immediate response, there is a very high approval and appreciation for Police, Fire, EMT, Volunteers and yes, even the Gov't. Our message would run counter to that. Anti government if you will. If the rally still goes on, I'm going to attend. But I'm worried that we'll actually cause our movement damage by having this rally so close to what just happened. It could backfire on us.

Thoughts?

In a sense, this is a marketing question. From that perspective, it might actually make our side look better to cancel and release a statement saying "Given the recent tragedy in Boston and out of respect to the victims, we are [canceling, postponing] this event."

That said, I realize all the planning and effort that's gone in and doing so is a big deal.

In a sense, this is a marketing question. From that perspective, it might actually make our side look better to cancel and release a statement saying "Given the recent tragedy in Boston and out of respect to the victims, we are [canceling, postponing] this event."

That said, I realize all the planning and effort that's gone in and doing so is a big deal.

I tend to agree with this statement. While more than ever I think the message we have is of the utmost importance, The timing might not be right at the moment.

I disagree strongly. I think we should all be there and hold a moment of silence for the lost and make sure that we are on the side of right. Backing out only makes us look as though we were guilty in the first place. I say we continue and move forward.

I think the "media" will make us look bad regardless of what we decide. If we hold it, we are heartless. If we cancel or reschedule, we are somehow guilty.

I would prefer a show of solidarity with a message of compassion for the victims. Presuming there is a victim's fund in place by then, let's find a way to support it. Maybe start one.

I think the "media" will make us look bad regardless of what we decide. If we hold it, we are heartless. If we cancel or reschedule, we are somehow guilty.

I would prefer a show of solidarity with a message of compassion for the victims. Presuming there is a victim's fund in place by then, let's find a way to support it. Maybe start one.

^ This ^ is what I meant.

I can readily agree that we need a segment that reflects a message of compassion. We can work it into the schedule. Its obviously on all of our minds.

if this happens Friday then we need to do a moment of silence for the victims and Also something about the Police/Fire/EMS that responded, how awesome they did.

Getting Ready!

Hopefully the weather will be good. I am thinking about a black armband or something to show solidarity with the Marathon victims.

For those that might be less "crafty" than myself, here's how I built my sign (my handwriting sucks):

Tools Used:

Computer
Printer
MS PowerPoint
Ruler
Clear Packing Tape
Glue Stick
Box Cutter & Cutting Board

1. Create a new document in PowerPoint the size of the poster board (standard size is 28” wide x 20” tall).

2. “Build” your sign digitally including all of the text and graphics the way you want it to appear.

3. Note your font sizes and write them down on a scrap of paper.

4. Change the PowerPoint dimensions back to standard paper size (8.5” x 11”).

5. Incrementally print out your text and graphics on single sheets of paper. Depending on your font size, you may only be able to print out a few letters on each page.

6. Cut out your text and graphics from the paper printouts.

7. Layout your text and tape the letters together to form your message on the poster board.

8. Use the Glue Stick to tack the paper items to the poster board. It’s best to measure everything out with a ruler.

9. Apply the clear packing tape over the letters & graphics to rain proof them. Done!

My sign (sorry for the crappy camera). Based my message on advice from GOAL.

Last edited:
Having a child make any short speech and using the word Compassion, the safety of the community, and civic mindedness are keywords for any speakers to use for any on-the-fence Lexingtonian to hear about gun rights. I have lived in the town for over 20 years and know a fair amount of undecided well meaning moon bats who can utilize logic if it serves their greater outlook on the world.

Thoughts?

Turn it into a vigil for the victims and America. Don't bash Obama or Congress (we all know they are bad) Focus on preserving the rights of all Americans against the Tyranny that exists to take it from us.

Or run it like the last one and the antis will have some nice soundbites and pictures to continue their crusade against us " RWE" (whom they will be placing the blame on for Mondays events)

I tend to agree with this statement. While more than ever I think the message we have is of the utmost importance, The timing might not be right at the moment.

The timing wasn't right after Newtown and look what happened. We got steam rolled in CT,NY,MD,CO should I go on? How much more compromise do you want to give? Do I need to note that the government did not at best prevent this. They did not protect these people from harm. All they could do was react after the damage was done. Gee what does this sound like to you? Any mass shooting???

Give a moment of silence and let's strengthen our resolve to protect ourselves against ALL enemies. Bombs are illegal and guess what happened. If anything it goes to show that crime will still happen. At the same time you're about to find out stuff that you really are not going to like, and yes I can say I told you so.

I can't speak for this rally but we will NOT cancel the West Springfield rally or bow to the demands of the antis. We will hold our rally and give respect to those involved. Do you want to give away more liberty for false security? No more compromise guys!

Turn it into a vigil for the victims and America. Don't bash Obama or Congress (we all know they are bad) Focus on preserving the rights of all Americans against the Tyranny that exists to take it from us.

Or run it like the last one and the antis will have some nice soundbites and pictures to continue their crusade against us " RWE" (whom they will be placing the blame on for Mondays events)

Keeping the message on our main point will be key. Any anti-gov't / LE rantings and they'll label us as terrorist sympathizers with what they call proof to back it up. It's going to be a fine line we'll be walking and make no mistake about this. We are vying for public support for our cause. With the raw emotions out there now, if this is done right we can win support. Do this wrong and we'll be wasting a huge opportunity to win over the minds of many.

Keeping the message on our main point will be key. Any anti-gov't / LE rantings and they'll label us as terrorist sympathizers with what they call proof to back it up. It's going to be a fine line we'll be walking and make no mistake about this. We are vying for public support for our cause. With the raw emotions out there now, if this is done right we can win support. Do this wrong and we'll be wasting a huge opportunity to win over the minds of many.
According to MSM: The terrorists attack us because of our "freedom" We need to tie in the "idea" that one of those freedoms is the RKBA.
We will not convince the antis to change their minds. We all can agree on this.
We need to convince those in the middle!
These are the people who can be swayed by a sound bite, they are smart people, but they really haven't figured out that guns are not the problem.
Executed properly, these rallies can be used to educate and convert the masses.

I totally totally agree that appealing to the middle is the way to go. I'm actually surprised to see such a politically savvy attitude being expressed. Definitely do that.

Compassion is a key term I saw mentioned above. Remember what state we're in, remember that gun owners are easily outnumbered here, and that we're appealing to people who might not necessarily share our point of view on life and personal protection to help sustain a crucial civil right.

The more diplomatic and reasonable things stay, especially in the wake of this massive tragedy, the better the impression we will make. I don't mean to make this sound politically sleazy, but I think everyone here can agree that attacks like this only strengthen the need for citizens to be able to defend themselves. Let's just try and remember WHO we are addressing with this rally.

The masses think we can just order guns off the internet. They don't have a clue about the NICS.
They hear the term "Universal Background Checks" and they say "ok"

They need to understand that a person will be able to enter you into the "system"
They need to understand that once your "background" has been established, you now become a liability
Insurance companies and banks love liabilities they can charge more.

Or we can make this a pep rally to preach to the converted and give the antis plenty of fodder.

Back
Top Bottom