• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
Not to rain on your parade guys but the permit for the rally has been pulled by the city. There no longer can be an "official" rally. People are still planning on attending but the rallies are being combined. West Springfield is now starting earlier at 2. There is also a sticky for that one if you are looking for parking info etc

Not to rain on your parade guys but the permit for the rally has been pulled by the city. There no longer can be an "official" rally. People are still planning on attending but the rallies are being combined. West Springfield is now starting earlier at 2. There is also a sticky for that one if you are looking for parking info etc

By WHICH city? Is this the Lexington rally?

By WHICH city? Is this the Lexington rally?

Yes. From what I understand the city council voted to yank the permit. On our end (West Springfield) Bryan has been working with the Lexington organizers and Stewart Rhodes. Some speakers that were only flying in for Lexington are iffy at this point due to what time they are scheduled to fly out. A few guys with Stewart are already on the road heading up and will be at the West Springfield rally and the Hartford rally on the 20th.

Yes. From what I understand the city council voted to yank the permit. On our end (West Springfield) Bryan has been working with the Lexington organizers and Stewart Rhodes. Some speakers that were only flying in for Lexington are iffy at this point due to what time they are scheduled to fly out. A few guys with Stewart are already on the road heading up and will be at the West Springfield rally and the Hartford rally on the 20th.

Not content with violating the Second Amendment, they're going after the FIRST Amendment now.

Tin-plated little dictators.

Not content with violating the Second Amendment, they're going after the FIRST Amendment now.

Tin-plated little dictators.

Right after it all happened I called this type of stuff happening. My gf has finally seen the light (which is one up side to all this). I feel bad because graa shelled out THOUSANDS to make this rally happen. That's why when I saw people saying postpone etc it's not practical and by doing so we're just bowing to stuff like this happening. Negotiating will not get us anywhere. I knew this last night and couldn't believe that a peaceful rally would be prohibited at the site where freedom started. It's the site where freedom will end if some have their way. As you said they're already shitting on the 1st. Now imagine if the 2nd falls. Where will the first be after that?

Again I'm not looking to take away from those still planning on showing up. More power to you and make it be known that a city council can't impose undo law biding citizens and corral them like sheep. I'm just looking to keep everyone updated with what's going on so they can decide where they want to go and what to do.

Right after it all happened I called this type of stuff happening. My gf has finally seen the light (which is one up side to all this). I feel bad because graa shelled out THOUSANDS to make this rally happen. That's why when I saw people saying postpone etc it's not practical and by doing so we're just bowing to stuff like this happening. Negotiating will not get us anywhere. I knew this last night and couldn't believe that a peaceful rally would be prohibited at the site where freedom started. It's the site where freedom will end if some have their way. As you said they're already shitting on the 1st. Now imagine if the 2nd falls. Where will the first be after that?

Again I'm not looking to take away from those still planning on showing up. More power to you and make it be known that a city council can't impose undo law biding citizens and corral them like sheep. I'm just looking to keep everyone updated with what's going on so they can decide where they want to go and what to do.

And the 4th Amendment is completely gone now after this event.

People are still showing up. To what degree is up in the air. How many now go to west Springfield from here is anyone's guess. Seeing the details of that just pisses me off. How convenient that they note the rally and place a two week moratorium. It's just for the rally.

I'll be in Lexington, then head to W. Springfield. Wonder if the "other folks" will be there at 10:30?? Did they have a permit and did it get pulled?

I'm in, but what time is the actual rally? I don't have facebook, so I can't view that page.

As of right now, there is no rally. Someone mentioned they are going there around 10:30 to play games with their kids. I will be there around 11:30 with my wife and at least one my my kids to learn more about the events that happened on April 19, 1775.

You know, I have seen posted here that you can't CCW on the green either but I don't believe that is true. Someone point me to the bylaw or law that prohibits that because I cannot find it. There is a bylaw that says you cannot use firearms (except as permitted) but possessing is not use.

If people are still showing up I'll come and see folks. Been a long time since I walked around Battle Green. Plus I can swing over to see Colt Fan at his bike shop after!

Looks like the Rally in Lexington is back on!!!!

From FB,, i didnt see this posted on here
At an emergency meeting of the RI Chapter of Oathkeepers Wednesday night, we were told by Chapter President Randy Swanson that the rally at Lexington Green was back on, and that Stewart Rhodes, Mike Vanderboegh, Larry Pratt & Chuck Baldwin had reaffirmed their commitment to attend, permit or not.. - The Lexington Town Council has decided to pull a previously issued permit citing the incident that occurred in Boston on Monday.

Oathkeeper and 10th Amendment Center Lawyer Blake Filippi will be in court on Thursday morning seeking an emergency injunction against the town of Lexington as it was only our permit that was pulled and not that of the antis. This looks like an easy win, but regardless of the court outcome the rally at Lexington Green will take place as scheduled WITHOUT the co-sponsorship of Gun Rights Across America who have decided to tuck their tail between their legs and bow out.

It is believed that since Oathkeepers has held this event annually on the battle green since 2009 without incident that the Lexington PD will stand with us and not the Lexington Town Council as we exercise our constitutional rights to peacefully assemble and hold another annual rally.

All supporters of Americas Constitutional Freedoms are invited to stand with us on the hallowed ground of the Battle Green Friday April 19 beginning at 11a.m.

By: Joe McNally III

Sorry for all the confusion but this is what happens when there are too many self appointed chefs in the kitchen. Here is my official statement that I will be circulating.

Official word. We will gather on the green for an oath ceremony and prayer at 11 then proceed to West Springfield. An injunction and restraing order against the town of Lexington has been filed and should come to a conclusion in the morning. The judge said he needed time to study the Lexington by laws. If this fails in Middlesex Superior court, we will advance it to a federal court. As of now, aside from the court decision, free Americans shall "Stand your Ground, Do not fire unless fired upon, If they mean to have war, Let it begin here."

Hey, it sounds like the Prez and the Lexington rally are on the same page:

"This country took up the cause of protecting more of our people... summoned the courage to petition their elected leaders ... to protect the lives of all of our children"

Edit: Just read the rest of the posts. I hope you win in court. This is awesome, possibly better than the rally itself!

Here is something for you. Not Lexington, but close enough:

Concord Hymn

By the rude bridge that arched the flood,
Their flag to April’s breeze unfurled,
Here once the embattled farmers stood,
And fired the shot heard round the world.

The foe long since in silence slept;
Alike the conqueror silent sleeps;
And Time the ruined bridge has swept
Down the dark stream which seaward creeps.

On this green bank, by this soft stream,
We set to-day a votive stone;
That memory may their deed redeem,
When, like our sires, our sons are gone.

Spirit, that made those heroes dare,
To die, and leave their children free,
Bid Time and Nature gently spare
The shaft we raise to them and thee.

Last edited:
So because of the events at the marathon, Lexington pulled the permits for a bunch of law abiding citizens getting together and demonstrating for a cause that has nothing to do with what happened? I'm sure if it were an anti gun rally it'd not be a problem at all... [rolleyes]

Back
Top Bottom