Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
Met with the Lexington Police Captain today along with the Lexington DPW. We have their support and they are great people. We payed for the police detail, the sound equipment, and trash receptacles. Now we are awaiting quotes for out houses. Getting pricey!

Here's a link for the normal Patriots Day activities and re-enactments: Battle Road - Lexington and Concord

There are events both Patriots Day(4/15) weekend as well on the same day as this 2A specific rally on Friday(4/19).

- - - Updated - - -

Here's a link for the normal Patriots Day activities and re-enactments: http://www.battleroad.org/

There are events both Patriots Day(4/15) weekend as well on the same day as this 2A specific rally on Friday(4/19).

no guns allowed on the green? Seriously? WTF?

It doesn't say "no guns allowed on the green", it says:

According to the Board of Selectmen Regulations for the use of the Battle Green, which was last updated August 2011, the use of firearms are strictly prohibited excect if the firearms are "unloaded or packed in such a way to prevent their use."

So, you just can't USE THEM there. ;-)

I wonder if there is a specific exemption for police. ;-) ;-)

Hey, look at this!
Massive MA gun confiscation results in officers shot, riot

It is still not clear to me what this event is going to be.

Is it something where we show up at the reenactment with signs? Is it its own event and a part of the festivities? Will people be carrying rifles? Who is running it? Who is invited? Who participates, and how?

When and where?

I was thinking I'd go to Lexington and Concord this year to observe the reenactments, but if there is more to it, where I might be able to get involved, I would like to do so.

Thanks.

P.S. Has anyone contacted Roger, our own RKBA reenactor?

Yeah- that seems to be part of the problem with this event.

I've been trying to tell some friends about it - and the typical comment I hear back is: " I don't see any information anywhere about this".

A lot of people are not on Facebook.

What might help is if somebody put together a flyer - post it in PDF form here and/or on the Facebook page (I would prefer here - I don't use Facebook) - and then allow people to print it out and distrubute it.

I'm thinking that every gun store in the state and a possibly a bunch of them in NH - should get the flyers.

Is there a list of speakers yet? - Thats one of the other questions I have been asked.

Here is the flyer. There are a few shops that have them already but please print them up and distribute to all the shops you can. Feel free to convert them to black and white to save on ink. The Muster on The Battle Green is another Pro 2A rally. Bring signs, bring flags. Concealed means concealed but there is no open carry of any type of firearms whatsoever. The point of this rally is to show MA residents and legislators how important the 2A is to us. The date and location was picked for a specific reason and can most likely be found with a google search. The current administration and legislators like to claim that we support their "common sense" regulations, restrictions, and infringements. We need to let them know with huge numbers that we do not. Despite the major news affiliates ignoring our press release, this rally will be so big they simply can't ignore it. We will also be at the GOAL Rally on April 3rd to show support and hopefully spread the word about the Muster.

So far the Police detail has cost $1,020, the sound equipment $300, and the out houses $500. We will also have to pay for an additional police detail if counter protestors show up. If the rally gets too big, the police detail is "fluid" and they will charge us accordingly as more officers are needed. We are also looking for funds to fly some speakers out to the rally. If we get the money, these speakers will be well worth it.

Here is a link to donate if you can. Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
Muster on the Battle Green - Fundly

musterposter.jpg

Yeah- that seems to be part of the problem with this event.

I've been trying to tell some friends about it - and the typical comment I hear back is: " I don't see any information anywhere about this".

A lot of people are not on Facebook.

What might help is if somebody put together a flyer - post it in PDF form here and/or on the Facebook page (I would prefer here - I don't use Facebook) - and then allow people to print it out and distrubute it.

I'm thinking that every gun store in the state and a possibly a bunch of them in NH - should get the flyers.

Is there a list of speakers yet? - Thats one of the other questions I have been asked.

On top of the info I just posted, you can also share this link with anyone who doesn't use facebook.

Lexington Battle Green to host pro gun rally - News - Lexington, MA - Lexington Minuteman

So far the Police detail has cost $1,020, the sound equipment $300, and the out houses $500. We will also have to pay for an additional police detail if counter protestors show up. If the rally gets too big, the police detail is "fluid" and they will charge us accordingly as more officers are needed. We are also looking for funds to fly some speakers out to the rally. If we get the money, these speakers will be well worth it.

You might want to post this on the Facebook page. I was just there and saw the request for donations, but with no information on what the funds were being used for, I was hesitant. After seeing the breakdown of costs here I made a donation.

Some people on the facebook page are still thinking about Open carrying their ARs at this thing. I admire their zealousness but they should realize that aint happening, it would hurt the cause.

You might want to post this on the Facebook page. I was just there and saw the request for donations, but with no information on what the funds were being used for, I was hesitant. After seeing the breakdown of costs here I made a donation.
I did post it in the comments. Thanks

Some people on the facebook page are still thinking about Open carrying their ARs at this thing. I admire their zealousness but they should realize that aint happening, it would hurt the cause.
Thanks for the heads up. I didn't see this But I will look for it now and try to talk to them. That will only get the rally shut down, make us look bad, get them arrested, and get their gun taken away and permit revoked.
Just chipped in $100.
Thanks so much!

So far the Police detail has cost $1,020, the sound equipment $300, and the out houses $500. We will also have to pay for an additional police detail if counter protestors show up.
This is insane. This provides a roadmap on how to bankrupt small groups; just show up at their rallies to counter-protest.

Here is the flyer. There are a few shops that have them already but please print them up and distribute to all the shops you can. Feel free to convert them to black and white to save on ink. The Muster on The Battle Green is another Pro 2A rally. Bring signs, bring flags. Concealed means concealed but there is no open carry of any type of firearms whatsoever. The point of this rally is to show MA residents and legislators how important the 2A is to us. The date and location was picked for a specific reason and can most likely be found with a google search. The current administration and legislators like to claim that we support their "common sense" regulations, restrictions, and infringements. We need to let them know with huge numbers that we do not. Despite the major news affiliates ignoring our press release, this rally will be so big they simply can't ignore it. We will also be at the GOAL Rally on April 3rd to show support and hopefully spread the word about the Muster.

View attachment 60962

Based on my idea of muster, which isn't too different than this one

muster
mus·ter (mstr)
v. mus·tered, mus·ter·ing, mus·ters
v.tr.
1. To call (troops) together, as for inspection.
2. To cause to come together; gather: Bring all the volunteers you can muster.
3. To call forth; summon up: mustering up her strength for the ordeal. See Synonyms at call.
v.intr.
To assemble or gather: mustering for inspection.
n.
a. A gathering, especially of troops, for service, inspection, review, or roll call.
b. The persons assembled for such a gathering.
2. A muster roll.
3. A gathering or collection: a muster of business leaders at a luncheon.
4. A flock of peacocks. See Synonyms at flock1.
Phrasal Verbs:
muster in
To enlist or be enlisted in military service: She mustered in at the age of 18.
muster out
To discharge or be discharged from military service: He was mustered out when the war ended.
Idiom:
pass muster
To be judged as acceptable.
[Middle English mustren, from Old French moustrer, from Latin mnstrre, to show, from mnstrum, sign, portent, from monre, to warn; see men-1 in Indo-European roots.]

I would say people will NOT be very clear about whether or not this is open carry, concealed carry, or no carry. Nowhere on your "flyer" does it say any of that. It should also have some contact information for people. I was going to print this up and put it up, but I think it will cause more confusion than anything.

Here is a new flyer with more info. I hope this helps. The rally is being advertised on NES and Facebook. We are making it clear on both pages that there is no open carry. This has not been an issue with other rallies in MA and will not be an issue in Lexington aside from one meat head on Facebook who is being dealt with accordingly.
MBGFBGraphic2.jpg

The GOAL rally went well today! I would guess about 2,000 people showed up even though the media would say about 7 of us were there. I managed to pass out about 1,000 flyers for the Muster On The Battle Green. Let's make this rally AT LEAST twice as big. Don't forget the speakers we have lined up.

Stewart Rhodes founder of Oath Keepers (May also bring Sheriff Mack)
Chief Mark Kessler from the Constitutional Security Force
1 Million Moms Against Gun Control
Yang Li
Michael Roy Car
And of course myself and Kevin Francisco of GRAA-MA

We are still awaiting confirmation from a couple other speakers. We will announce them ASAP.

If possible, please make a small contribution to help fund the Muster. A contribution of $25 or more will get you a GRAA-MA ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ bracelet.

Please contribute here

With the success of today's GOAL rally behind us, let's move on to support this one.

I had the pleasure of meeting with notwithoutmyglock today, but in a hurry because I was thinking of the speech. Great guy who was ready to shoulder all the costs of the Lexington event privately, until I offered to help financially.

This sudden squeeze is turning many of us into overnight activists. We all have day jobs, busy life but we have to keep the pressure on. We need to work together and support each other's efforts. Gun owners in New England have fairly deep pockets (antidote evidences I've seen), so let's make it happen.

Last, all the gun give-away threads have over 100 pages participants, i.e. over 1000 green members. If you care to enter for a gun giveaway, you should care enough to chip in a little support.

P.S. Please add a poll to this thread so people can voice that they're going. We all draw strength from each other, the bigger the number the more will be inspired to come.

Last edited:
Ed, you might not think it's much, but it helps out a lot. Thank you from me and Stephen Redfern for your generous contribution.

Back
Top Bottom