Muster on Lexington Battle Green

Who's planning to Attend?

• Total voters
2nd Amendment Rally Lexington Battle Green

- If any of you would like to help out please email me. I'm willing to work with others and get new ideas, we still have almost 3 months.

Some ideas have popped up here about actually being able to shoulder arms if this event gels.

So what happens if we are unable to do that for some reason?

Would having everybody show up with a "fake" gun - actually make some sense?

What I'm thinking is this: If people cannot actually bring real arms - then what about plastic AR-15's? Somebody must make some. How about a crude replica made out of wood and spray painted black? It makes a political statement: that people are celebrating an event where the citizens of the country actually had arms to fight back - but look what we have come to now - to celebrate the event we must show up with fake guns made out of 2x4's and dowels and painted black.

In other words - the liberty that those men fought a revolution for IS GONE, and people ought to actually be ashamed to even be there celebrating something they know nothing about.

What about just an empty sling, rather than a toy or fake gun? That might send a message (we have the guns, we just left them home this time) without setting the group up for ridicule.

I think the gift store sells fake muskets. Our kids brought some toy muskets one year.

Maybe one of these:
5201.JPG

What about just an empty sling, rather than a toy or fake gun? That might send a message (we have the guns, we just left them home this time) without setting the group up for ridicule.

Yeah, or maybe a piece of 2x4 with a dowel sticking out of it - on a sling - and a little flag stuck on it that reads " if I lived in a free country I might actually be able to defend it with a real rifle" - or something like that.

"I went to celebrate my countries revolution against an oppressor - and all the govt. would let me have is this stick"

Yeah, or maybe a piece of 2x4 with a dowel sticking out of it - on a sling - and a little flag stuck on it that reads " if I lived in a free country I might actually be able to defend it with a real rifle" - or something like that.

"I went to celebrate my countries revolution against an oppressor - and all the govt. would let me have is this stick"

I have a demilled RPG7, that kind of counts as a "fake" gun I guess, but who knows, if umbrella caused that much commotion ...

I'm up to help, but I'm looking to whoever is leading this idea for specific units of work to be done. Seriously, if you need help and need to do x,y,z, then let people know. I can throw in some idea, but IMHO there are "smarter" comrades in this discussion who have better knowledge on what would fly.

Maybe when they have the parades after, there could be a "modern day unit" marching at the end, followed by people (men, women, children) handing out fliers to the parade watchers. Win, win, win. Anybody here know how to play a fife?

You do not have the first amendment in MA if you have to pay the gov't for a permit and permission to do this. Just like we don't have sixth amendment because you have to pay to fight a traffic ticket. Clearly, there is no second amendment based on the 36 steps you have to take to obtain a firearm. Yes, it's time. I'll be there. It should be about more than the gun regulations.

There is a parade in Lexington on Patriots Day 2013 around 2pm and what if somebody makes a Pro 2A marching banner and all the dudes behind it are holding a big black AR15 shaped balloon flying in the sky, with Real happy mean patriots marching, demonstrating to the sheeple on the sidewalk, the real spirit of the day...this idea crossed my mind lately.

I've been working on this for quite some time. I have applied for the permits and I am searching for speakers and sponsors. I was trying to keep this quiet until we got the permit but it's out in the open now. Click the link in my signature to follow GRAA-MA as we are organizing this. Be sure to like the page. Any help with contacts for speakers or sponsors would be greatly appreciated.

Get this off Facebook and out in the open will ya please.

I'm all for the stick gun with a flag on it.
As for marching, you better be doin' it right...but then if you do, people might take you for a scary radical militia.

Not many JoeQPs know the Minutemen were the elite of the Colonial militia. And that the Colonial militia was not a band of rag-tag farmers but a drilled group that mustered and practiced under the King's Manual of Arms.

We are not planning on open carry. The permit application specifically states no fire arms. We are working on a non FB page but that costs money that GRAA-MA does not currently have. Anyone else (PennyPincher, Pepperell MA Volunteers) or anyone else that wants to participate with this, PLEASE PM me here.

You guys are just kidding with the balloons and flags on sticks, right?

This IS Lexington and Concord, you know.

Back
Top Bottom