• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Minuteman Armory

How are the platforms they are selling. Obviously they are not being shy about it, just asking if anyone owns one and how are they. Also they just updated there website so you can check them out.

I don't have one but I think the mags are welded onto the lower or something like that.

I'm actually really curious about these too. I'm assuming, after purchasing one from them, it's legal to have the stock and muzzle device pinned/welded along with some other modifications.

Yeah I'm just curious to see if anyone owns one they are one not being shy about it so I felt like why not start a thread

On there website they posted some pics of the 3 builds there doing and they look good but just wondering about the fixed mag they should do a video or something

Yeah exactly there website gives a run down but I can't find one person that has any experience with them

Yeah exactly there website gives a run down but I can't find one person that has any experience with them
The mag is fixed. You load it either through the ejection port or by pulling the take down pins.there are plenty of videos showing the same sort of thing being done in California.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

They say they've been contacted by the AG's office and are good to go.

Until Maura decides no...Wasn't her copycat criteria(until she changes it anyways) that if it used the same parts as a "regular" AR it was illegal?

- - - Updated - - -

IE BCG etc

cannot say enough good things about Minuteman Armory. the owner is exceptionally knowledgeable and his inventory speaks for itself.

I'm still trying to make it out there I live near Boston so it's a bit of a ride. I understand about the fixed mag but I'm specifically asking the quality of the builds it seems like they do everything. The lower have there logo and let me say they look sick.

I'll be honest. I don't have one of there's yet but they have done work for me. I was very pleased with the outcome. Oh I've also purchased a few firearms from them. There easy to get along with and take pride in there work.

One thing to note about the rifles from MMA.

Morgan (the owner), Aaron (the Gunsmith), Alex (Manager), and all the staff are gun guys (duh!). Instead of building cheap shitty rifles, they sat down and talked about what gets done to a basic AR a few months after the average owner buys one. Fore end, BCG, Stock, Optics. That became the Tier 2 rifle. People were looking for a little bit of savings, so the Tier 1 was born. Instead of the Free Float, it's got Magpul MOE furniture and an A Frame Front Sight and maybe a rear sight.

The typical parts come from good companies like Ballistic Advantage (Barrel & BCG), Magpul, YHM, and the shop's resources for the MMA Lowers and Uppers. Of course, if you want specific parts included, talk to the gunsmith and a custom rifle will be built for you.

Personally, I have at least one MMA Upper and the entire 9mm Rifle. Haven't had a single issue with either of them.

Hope that helps answer some of the questions in the thread.

I'm still trying to make it out there I live near Boston so it's a bit of a ride. I understand about the fixed mag but I'm specifically asking the quality of the builds it seems like they do everything. The lower have there logo and let me say they look sick.

I was recently there and looked at their builds. they look excellent. I have no first hand experience w them but read noxin's post above. OP- in general there's no guarantee on anything. at some point a purchase requires some bit of faith (i.e. believe without proof), unless it's from Freedom Group then faith = stupid.

Never really looked at these. So it has a fixed 10 round mag, do you load up 10 rounds through the ejection port and then go?

Currently, you break the rifle open (remove the rear take down and pivot it up) and load that way.

Mean Arms out of Georgia is making an eject port loading device, but it was due at the end of june and it's ship date apparently slipped.

Back
Top Bottom