• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Rock Island Armory Introduces New RIA 5.0 Pistol

It's like a CZ had a fling in Moscow with the ultra low bore axis Kalashnikov pistol.
ria-specs.png

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BtXYdks3FYo

The bore axis doesn't look any lower than a CZ75. At that weight, they are calling it a sporting pistol. Not a carry pistol. It is because of the weight that the recoil is tamed a little. Not the bore axis...

The bore axis doesn't look any lower than a CZ75. At that weight, they are calling it a sporting pistol. Not a carry pistol. It is because of the weight that the recoil is tamed a little. Not the bore axis...
Well, the bore axis helps, just as it does on the CZs.

As for the RIA 5.0, I really don’t know what else they’ve done internally. They mention barrel mass and linear movement, but show no internal workings. It does look like they’re leaning on increased frame mass below the end of the barrel.

Interesting I guess. But what would be the appeal of an RIA over just going for a CZ75? Or any of the clones (Tanfoglio, Jericho etc.)

Magazine availability would be another plus for any of the CZ (or clones).

RIA does some interesting stuff but an MSRP of just under 1k seems like they've undercut themselves. The big appeal to RIA was being cheaper than the supposed competition not priced close to them.

Interesting I guess. But what would be the appeal of an RIA over just going for a CZ75? Or any of the clones (Tanfoglio, Jericho etc.)

Magazine availability would be another plus for any of the CZ (or clones).

RIA does some interesting stuff but an MSRP of just under 1k seems like they've undercut themselves. The big appeal to RIA was being cheaper than the supposed competition not priced close to them.
Some people don't like cz 75 style triggers... some reason i get a lot of slap from them

Don't need the unnecessary complexity of that design either. Although this one is unique in its own right

Back
Top Bottom