• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield Armory Releases a new Handgun: The Echelon

I just checked; less than a third of mine are USA-made. But I've got VERY few guns that were made after about 1990.

It's worth pointing out that the Echelon isn't USA-made, either.
I think my Newest is the Sig P365

I would say a majority of my guns were made before 1994. Nothing to do with the AWB just the era I collect from.

I am thankful I don’t have a love affair with Glocks. Not that they are bad guns. Between being a former MA resident and I just didn’t grow up with them.

My guns could easily be on Chips, ADAM-12 and Hunter

I think my Newest is the Sig P365

I would say a majority of my guns were made before 1994. Nothing to do with the AWB just the era I collect from.

I am thankful I don’t have a love affair with Glocks. Not that they are bad guns. Between being a former MA resident and I just didn’t grow up with them.

My guns could easily be on Chips, ADAM-12 and Hunter

Much of my collection wouldn't be out of place on Peaky Blinders, lol.

I was waiting for the Rob Leatham video to sing it's praises and sure enough there is one. Apparently he claims to have had a hand in it's development. Admits the XD grip safety was a non-starter for some Police Forces. I guess if you're a Springfield fan then you might be interested.

Last edited:
Of course there's a way to pin it but there's also the obvious problem where you may be compromising things like drop safety if you do....
Ok, so I took my xds mod2 apart and the action basically mimics a Glock. The firing pin block is disengaged by pulling the trigger (which also has the little trigger dingus) and also pulls the firing pin back to the break point and complete cocking and releasing of it. The only thing the grip safety does is stop the trigger pull if it's not depressed. It appears to be "drop safe" if the grip safety was pinned, however I would not advocate doing that. I've shot a few XD's over the years and I've never felt the grip safety was an obstacle. It doesn't take much depression to disengage, I feel like the grip safety is one of those things the internet said it was cool to hate but you don't really understand why. The "grip zone"is another story.

Back
Top Bottom