• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Springfield Armory Releases a new Handgun: The Echelon

The best thing about this new gun is its sheer originality. It's not derivative at all.

Of course there's a way to pin it but there's also the obvious problem where you may be compromising things like drop safety if you do....
Agreed, you've got me curious now. I'll check my xd tonight. I'm assuming the grip safety allows the trigger to be pulled and pulling the trigger disengages the firing pin block but I honestly have no idea, I never really thought about it.

The best thing about this new gun is its sheer originality. It's not derivative at all.
?

It's very much inspired by the SIG P320. Striker fired with the same sort of fire control unit. It has some differences (Glock style trigger dingus) and a better optic mounting system. But the FCU is definitely inspired by the P320.

Seems they are going after Sig's 320 line with this one.
watching a bunch of reviews of this. the gun they mention is glock actually. as usual, after 45+ years they're still chasing the plastic gun that has had to have no modifications to keep up. the only thing sig and springfield can do is do the chassis gimmick. look everyone, buy me and you can add dozens of frames to the mix. everytime you make a change, this time pulling out the fire control group to install into another frame, you have a recipe for a, god forbid, malfunction at an unwanted time. but a good marketing department knows you need something to reel in the fish...i mean attract customers. just gonna mention, i still own my first ever glock 17, bought in 1991. still going strong without missing a beat. i will admit to a feed/extraction malfunction in 1994. i remember specially cause i was living in colorado. an armorer with the wisconsin state patrol, who i befriended on a aol glock board walked me through the repair over the phone (he sent me replacement parts) and it's been running since. same parts i put in are still installed. ok, i've extolled the virtues of glock for the week. won't mention how great the innovator of the polymer pistol is again this week.

If this was inspired by the P320, will it also fire when dropped and blow up frames?
Just watched the 5 min gun collective review and with the slow mo shots, it looks like there is wicked pic rail flex under firing conditions.
Never noticed that on other guns.

watching a bunch of reviews of this. the gun they mention is glock actually. as usual, after 45+ years they're still chasing the plastic gun that has had to have no modifications to keep up. the only thing sig and springfield can do is do the chassis gimmick. look everyone, buy me and you can add dozens of frames to the mix. everytime you make a change, this time pulling out the fire control group to install into another frame, you have a recipe for a, god forbid, malfunction at an unwanted time. but a good marketing department knows you need something to reel in the fish...i mean attract customers. just gonna mention, i still own my first ever glock 17, bought in 1991. still going strong without missing a beat. i will admit to a feed/extraction malfunction in 1994. i remember specially cause i was living in colorado. an armorer with the wisconsin state patrol, who i befriended on a aol glock board walked me through the repair over the phone (he sent me replacement parts) and it's been running since. same parts i put in are still installed. ok, i've extolled the virtues of glock for the week. won't mention how great the innovator of the polymer pistol is again this week.
The macro by sig is really an amazing gun

The hellcat pro is also pretty revolutionary

The rest is do you prefer pyrex or tuppawear

Glock 17/19s are amazing guns i have 3 factory and 4 builds

I agree the fcu thing is dumb I'm not ever going to swap it i will buy a new gun every time

At the same time i think your off base thinking it will fail. They arent magic lol its the same thing as a glock

You have a very good point!

All of my guns except my Italian Beretta 92S are all made in the US

I just checked; less than a third of mine are USA-made. But I've got VERY few guns that were made after about 1990.

It's worth pointing out that the Echelon isn't USA-made, either.

Back
Top Bottom