Memorable carry stories...let's hear'em!!!

When I first started carrying (back before the Internets and all the cool sites) -Actually, I mean that, the resources available today make anything I had in my small rural town in 1990 look pathetic.

Anyway, I had what I could afford and knew about, which was a Uncle Mike's IWB holster and at the time, my Browning Hi-Power. I was running across the street to make a light and damned if the gun didn't come flying out, cocked and locked, and bounce on the pavement. Nothing happened except my own horror at my gin having come flying out of the holster. I went directly to a gun shop and found a top-break holster (which didn't fit the gun all that well, but it was what was available -at a price that made me cry) and for years swore by nothing but the top-break (with a strap.) A few years later I tried a really good Galco holster without a top-break for my officer's model and was sold on simply good holsters.

Live and learn.

The longer I do this, the more convinced I am of how little I know. And amazed at how much GOOD information is now available and how many good products are out there. It's a different world today. No doubt about it. -And BTW, not a single one of my cop buddies mentioned anything about my crappy uncle Mikes holster set-up. They were as ignorant as I was.

Someone will say "that's not a big deal". Well, it is a big deal to me- because joe retard thinks from the MSM BS that is out there, that people carrying guns will cause problems and shoot people unprovoked, and that blood will run in the streets. We all know it's a bunch of bullshit.

The fact that thousands of Americans carry guns every day and nothing bad happens should always be memorable.... even if the Pats lose.

-Mike

Only a big deal in NE. In Washington State, fully 5% of our entire population, including men, women and children, hold concealed pistol licenses. 350,000 out of a total population of 6,700,000. You choose to live in gun-hating central. Don't confuse that with the USA.

Only a big deal in NE. In Washington State, fully 5% of our entire population, including men, women and children, hold concealed pistol licenses. 350,000 out of a total population of 6,700,000. You choose to live in gun-hating central. Don't confuse that with the USA.

No, wrong. Even in free america there are still thousands of fudds milling around that probably think you shouldn't be carrying a gun in public. The only difference is they don't hate it enough to vote against you because they are smart enough to know that they would be screwing themselves in the process. Where do you think crap like binding signage, etc, comes from? There are people in free america that don't want us carrying guns, either. Thankfully they are reliably drowned out legislatively in most states, because they are considered idiots by a large portion of the population
there.

-Mike

Right on Mike! Some people look poorly on people carrying. If you carry smart, no one knows you are carrying and the world is better place!

Here's my memorable story.

I went into Boston tonight to watch the Superbowl with some friends.

I was carrying my G26, a spare mag, and a can of Fox labs OC. You know, for the drunken bums, etc. [laugh]

I rode on the T. Which was completely ****ed up- the red line was half broken.

I went to hang out with my friends, eat, smoke some cigars, watch the game, etc.

I had a great time, outside of the Pats losing, which sucked. I was more pissed off that there were no
cheerleaders. (other than the fake ones during the Half Time show... )

The best part was.... absolutely nothing happened! Then again, I don't go looking for trouble. I'd rather hang out with people I know will never cause trouble. Even if it costs me a little extra to do so.

The biggest threat of the night was the recirculating fart gas on the T shuttle bus between Alewife and Harvard Square. I dodged that threat on the way back by getting a ride back from one of my friends to Alewife.

I think this needs to be celebrated more often. People carrying LOADED guns, going places, doing things, enjoying themselves... and nothing "bad" happening. There are thousands of us that do this every day in MA and elsewhere.

Someone will say "that's not a big deal". Well, it is a big deal to me- because joe retard thinks from the MSM BS that is out there, that people carrying guns will cause problems and shoot people unprovoked, and that blood will run in the streets. We all know it's a bunch of bullshit.

The fact that thousands of Americans carry guns every day and nothing bad happens should always be memorable.... even if the Pats lose.

-Mike

No, wrong. Even in free america there are still thousands of fudds milling around that probably think you shouldn't be carrying a gun in public. The only difference is they don't hate it enough to vote against you because they are smart enough to know that they would be screwing themselves in the process. Where do you think crap like binding signage, etc, comes from? There are people in free america that don't want us carrying guns, either. Thankfully they are reliably drowned out legislatively in most states, because they are considered idiots by a large portion of the population
there.

-Mike

Amen to this Mike.

I've met NRA Instructors in this state that don't believe non LEO's should carry guns. Of course the few I know are retired Cops and FUDD's. It is sad.

absolutely incorrect. It is important nationwide, not "just in NE" as you put it. But, hey, since youve moved out of here, youve been on a pretty constant attack of those of us here. Dont marginalize us, we arent completely separate from the rest of the country like you think we are.

Washington State issues carry permits to children? I bet hey don't have a bullying problem like we do here.[wink]

Wow my little hiccups with carrying dont' even compare to what im reading. I"ll make it short....while looking at a truck on the side of the road with the owner to my right i lifted to hood to get a look at the engine. The hood was fiberglass so i was easy with it all the way up. When i did that my jacket tucked in behind my holster exposing my firearm to the person right next to me. I just pulled my jacket over and acted as if nothing happened. They looked at me for a second then just brushed it off...

One other time i ran into a Payless to get shoes for my son in a rush. I walked in the door with my mother and as we walked down the isle I lifted my jacket and adjusted my gun because it was sitting stange and bothering me. Well it wasn't my mother that was behind me, It was a sales clerk. My mother walked off and she filled in right behind when we came through the door. We were the only three people in the store at the time. You could tell the clerk was nervous when i came to the counter to purchase the shoes... i'm sure they let out a big sigh after i paid and left.

AF83's story reminds me of another funny one . . .

Back in the very early 1990s I volunteered to work a lot of computer trade shows (not the flea markets) in Boston for the Boston Computer Society. I worked frequently with the Membership Director (I also ran a user group and she was in charge of those too), who was a young lady from Belfast, IRE. Well, we are at the Hynes Auditorium all day for the event and we get invited by one of the vendors to a private party at the Avalon that evening. I'm carrying a PPK/s in a IWB clip-on holster and wearing a sports jacket. We're sitting with a large group of vendors and they start a Conga-line dance. For some dumb reason I agree to join in. As we are in this Conga-line I feel a hand end up on top of the gun. I glance back and with a sigh of relief realize it was the BCS Membership Director and not some unknown person who will freak out. She never said a word and neither did I about it. And I never joined another Conga-line anywhere after that!!

I got a hug from a female friend one day and her hand landed squarely on the butt of my SR9c (and before anyone asks, no Mexican carry here, mine's at 4 o'clock). She went wide-eyed and whispered "Are you packing??" I chuckled and gave her the same answer I give anyone with whom it comes up in conversation ... "At the end of the day, I don't care what happens, I'm going home to my kids." We talked about it and she was fine with it, just caught off-guard.

Another time, I was standing on the sidewalk chatting with a friend when I shifted my belt and my spare mag popped out. (I'd tucked my shirt around my pistol/mag holster, apparently, and had somehow pulled it up. Weird circumstance.) Hit my foot and landed under a railing. I leaned down fast and grabbed it with noone the wiser. Scared myself a little while later, though, because it occurred to me that a round might have popped loose. Excused myself and ran into the bathroom, then counted off the rounds still in the mag, holding my breath until I got to ten. *phew*

I literally just started carrying and was coming from a new gun club. Had my .38 in my pocket. I didnt know the area and ended up going down a one way. I did notice that i passed a parked cruiser. As i got to the end, i noticed there were no lights facing me. I just about started to back up when the Po-Po started banging like hell on the roof of my truck, yelling at me and asking if i was crazy. I told him i didnt know the area. Yes Sir. No sir. He acted as if i was driving 100 miles an hour dragging a puppy behind me and lighting bottle rockets out the sun roof at the same time. He let me go, but scared the crap out of me. First day carrying and i thought i was going to get yanked from the car.

PLACE: I was at a material supply house in Southern NH, picking up some 18' long material.

EVENT: Rude person - The supply house guy walks out with the materials and callously throws it down at my feet, and walks back into the warehouse for more items (I'm thinking - Nice! Its finish trim, and I get to have it all scratched and damaged!). The entire time, he's got an attitude, like I am bothering him....just plain rude.

I keep my mouth shut and just focus on loading it all. I get it on my truck roof racks, and climb up on my back truck bumper to tie it down with some bunjee chords.

The rude guy comes back out as I am reaching upward to tie off the load. My back is towards him.

All of a sudden, he gets all polite, asks me If I need any help, or, if I need anything else at all ..... "sir".

(I did take note of the sudden attitude change), but, just tell him thanks, I am all set - as I realize my jacket has ridden up and my holstered pistol is exposed.

I pull my jacket down and just went about what I was doing and left. People are funny.....

Last edited:
AF83's story reminds me of another funny one . . .

Back in the very early 1990s I volunteered to work a lot of computer trade shows (not the flea markets) in Boston for the Boston Computer Society. I worked frequently with the Membership Director (I also ran a user group and she was in charge of those too), who was a young lady from Belfast, IRE. Well, we are at the Hynes Auditorium all day for the event and we get invited by one of the vendors to a private party at the Avalon that evening. I'm carrying a PPK/s in a IWB clip-on holster and wearing a sports jacket. We're sitting with a large group of vendors and they start a Conga-line dance. For some dumb reason I agree to join in. As we are in this Conga-line I feel a hand end up on top of the gun. I glance back and with a sigh of relief realize it was the BCS Membership Director and not some unknown person who will freak out. She never said a word and neither did I about it. And I never joined another Conga-line anywhere after that!!

I thought conga lines were just for drunk chicks at weddings? [smile]

Washington State issues carry permits to children? I bet hey don't have a bullying problem like we do here.[wink]

The way I read it, he meant that the calculation of the 5% used the entire population of the state as the denominator when calculating that percentage, not that 5% of each subset of the population had a permit. If the number was expressed as a percentage of eligible persons (legal age, not a prohibited person, etc.) it would probably be noticeably higher than 5%.

I thought conga lines were just for drunk chicks at weddings? [smile]

Very true, but after an 8 hour day in a vendor booth, standing on your feet and another vendor offers free booze and a DJ, there isn't much difference. [laugh] I wanted to "hold down the fort" but our BCS Membership Director convinced me to join the conga line, against my better judgment. Lesson learned and never repeated however.

If you are stuck in traffic on Rt 24 near the Silver City Galleria, you will pick up their radio chatter. I was driving to RI and I had a 2-way radio to talk to someone who was following me. When I heard that they were in range, I called in, "Calling all units! We have a disturbance at the Orange Julius, I need back up immediately! Please respond!"
All of them started frantically calling back asking for my location and the nature of the disturbance. Finally one of them says, "wait a minute, we don't even have an Orange Julius in this mall."
Yeah, I'm a dick, but it was funny at the time.

What kind of radio was it? Sometimes I get bored[wink]

I was a manager of a restaurant in Auburn...at the end of a shift I was walking down the stairs with the bartenders cash drawer. At the bottom of the stairs is the employees "break room" and where they have premeal meetings. Well, I fell down the stairs, a couple thousand dollars flys across the room at the bottom of the stairs along with my S&W 3913 that I had in an ankle holster. There were 10 or so people in the room that found out that day that their manager carried

and here's another one...the readers digest version

I walked into a store 24 (I was living in the Philly at the time), reached into my coat pocket and caught the trigger of a raven 25 that was in my coat pocket, letting off a round into the floor about 2 feet in front of me. I just about shit my pants, as did the clerk working. It was my 1 and only ND ever... learned an important lesson about holsters that day

Holy Sh!t dude! You carried a raven?![shocked]

Wow. "Sorry about that, guys!"

how did you get out of that one? I can't begin to imagine the hell you would go through if it happened in MA...

.25... like a sneeze and a maybe chipped tile. nothing to see here. [laugh]

Last edited:
Well, I've only been carrying for about a year and a half now but I don't have any cool stories. I must be doing something wrong [wink]

I had one incident in the early days that panicked no one but me. I was at Papa Gino's in Millbury with my little boys who were, I think, 5 and 2 at the time. I had an open button down shirt on to conceal my M&P 9c in an IWB holster. As we were getting up to leave I was busy un-belting the 2 year old from his high chair when my 5 year old playfully lifted my shirt way up in the air. Never spun around so fast in my life. Fortunately the place was empty and no one saw a thing. Important lesson learned about being aware of my kids around me when carrying. In the end I think it was only memorable because it happened when I was first starting to carry.

Yesterday I went to Olive Garden in Framingham and I was carring my Glock in a IWB and I was sitting and but didn't notice that my shirt had gone up a little and the handle of the glock was exposed a little, I quickly pulled it down when I noticed. Long story short, every worker at OG kept looking over(one must of told everyone else), but I didn't play attention to them, I wasn't doing anything wrong like pulling it out of it's holster.

absolutely incorrect. It is important nationwide, not "just in NE" as you put it. But, hey, since youve moved out of here, youve been on a pretty constant attack of those of us here. Dont marginalize us, we arent completely separate from the rest of the country like you think we are.

I'm not marginalizing you out of some misunderstood hatred of NE. I understand NE all too well having lived in that Hellhole for 8 years.

You live in a state where "guns are icky." by popular culture.

Ya, I blame the people who have lived in that state for 30 years for letting that meme take over.

That is decidedly NOT the meme in most free states. Hell, we recently had an article in the paper where a drug dealer was arrested with " an Ak-47, a SKS .223 rifle, a shotgun and a .22 caliber pistol." ONE person commented on : all those illegal guns." Me, and 12 other people commented: "Most people I know have more than that many guns in their closets."

Guns and CC are just not that big a deal in a very large proportion of the country. I have my phone literally ringing off the hook for training from new gun owners who want to carry or prospective gun owners who want to carry. Getting a few looks for O/C is far from getting your CCW license pulled for "suitability." I know of a few cases where people were being total a**h***s about OC and scaring people (who were scared for valid resaons) where people have been nailed under our brandishing laws. (A law I'm not happy with). I don't know of a single case where someone had their CCW revoked for carrying O/C with any common sense attached.

As for TX and the like, what do you expect from places that think it's perfectly OK to restrict private sexual behavior among consenting adults? Is TEXAS the state from which you expect your civil liberties to originate? RUFKM?

As for TX and the like, what do you expect from places that think it's perfectly OK to restrict private sexual behavior among consenting adults? Is TEXAS the state from which you expect your civil liberties to originate? RUFKM?

I have heard that TX repealed the ban on possession of more than 5 dildos, so progress is being made.

Went to the last BoD meeting at GOAL. Tensions were very high. I was carrying. I know others were too. We all walked out alive.

Okay, not a gun-carry story, but it's the best I have...

The other day a coworker saw my pocket knife clipped to my pants pocket and made somewhat of a scene. "You could get in a lot of trouble for bringing a weapon in here." Everyone around seemed to be in agreement that I was putting everyone at risk with my sub 3" knife. Those same people don't mind the larger paring knife sitting on my desk that I use to peel oranges.

Just started carrying a couple days ago since I got my Supertuck. So far - uneventful! Actually didn't even feel that "weird" going out with it - mostly because I don't give a flying fork what people think about it. Love having it though.

Not a carry story but...about 20 years ago at was at my ex-inlaw's cabin in Maine when my XFIL asked me to bring back 4 rifles for him. I don't know what they were, but my understanding was that they were pretty valuable. Anyway, I get back to my house in Billerica, get out of the car and there they were, on the roof of the car. The little roof rack kept them from sliding off during the three and a half hour drive.

My story:
About two or three years ago I left a girl's house in the middle of the night (I expected to leave in the morning) on a motorcycle. It was an unusually cold night and I pulled into a convince store to get some large plastic bags to tuck under my riding jacket and pants (I didn't bring my liners) to break the wind as I ride for another hour. As I was stuffing the plastic into my sleeves and covering my shirt the attendant noticed the .45 that I had hanging in a shoulder holster. I saw her get wide-eyed but I was too cold and pissed to care. As I thanked her and went to leave she asked me if it was legal. (Dumb question to ask someone with a gun) I assured her that I was licensed and wished her a nice night. My only concern was that she would call the cops and I'd get pulled over further down the road. I made it home with no incident.

Not exactly a date but me and this girl had been trying to get together for like a month and finally we got to meet up on a spur of the moment thing. I happened to be carrying my pistol at the time(spur of the moment, did not have time to go home and store it). Anyways we say hello and she hugs me and of course her hand lands right on my gun. The look on her face was priceless. Pretty sure that scared her off for good.

(Emphasis mine).

Dude, if you scared her off like that,
then when you say you're "packing"
you must really be packing.

Oh wait, you mean her hand landed on your pistol.

I do a lot a work in the peoples republic of Cambridge. On this day I was working for a Gc (general contractor) whom is a wicked liberal. This day he is off on of his frequent tangents about hating firearms. I am sitting there smirking, because his foreman, the plumber, and I am all carrying.

Three times now I've had people in the middle of non-gun conversations suddenly break out in praise and awe of the 1911, completely unaware that they were sitting next to one.

.... As for TX and the like, what do you expect from places that think it's perfectly OK to restrict private sexual behavior among consenting adults? Is TEXAS the state from which you expect your civil liberties to originate? RUFKM?

I have heard that TX repealed the ban on possession of more than 5 dildos, so progress is being made.

Yahbut I hear they still ban hi-caps.

Okay, not a gun-carry story, but it's the best I have...

The other day a coworker saw my pocket knife clipped to my pants pocket and made somewhat of a scene. "You could get in a lot of trouble for bringing a weapon in here." Everyone around seemed to be in agreement that I was putting everyone at risk with my sub 3" knife. Those same people don't mind the larger paring knife sitting on my desk that I use to peel oranges.

At last May's NES NH GTG at Molly's Tavern, I won a nice CRKT knife in the trivia contest. Someone warned me about not letting the clip show in certain jurisdictions. Even though it's the first knife I've ever owned with a clip, not to worry - concealed means concealed.

OTOH, one of the supervisors in my cost center at DEC Marlboro used to wear a sheath knife around work...

Not a carry story but...about 20 years ago at was at my ex-inlaw's cabin in Maine when my XFIL asked me to bring back 4 rifles for him. I don't know what they were, but my understanding was that they were pretty valuable. Anyway, I get back to my house in Billerica, get out of the car and there they were, on the roof of the car. The little roof rack kept them from sliding off during the three and a half hour drive.

Bet no one cut you off in traffic, either.

Last edited by a moderator:
At last May's NES NH GTG at Molly's Tavern, I won a nice CRKT knife in the trivia contest. Someone warned me about not letting the clip show in certain jurisdictions. Even though it's the first knife I've ever owned with a clip, not to worry - concealed means concealed.

OTOH, one of the supervisors in my cost center at DEC Marlboro used to wear a sheath knife around work...

Always wear mine visibly clipped and never been hassled about it anywhere.

DEC policy was super-strict, caught with a knife . . . instant termination. I had this discussion 1-on-1 with the Corporate Counsel/Secretary of the Corporation . . . I couldn't beat any reason into his head. And both jobs I had at DEC, we were frequently opening things where a knife was the best solution.

Always wear mine visibly clipped and never been hassled about it anywhere.

DEC policy was super-strict, caught with a knife . . . instant termination. I had this discussion 1-on-1 with the Corporate Counsel/Secretary of the Corporation . . . I couldn't beat any reason into his head. And both jobs I had at DEC, we were frequently opening things where a knife was the best solution.

Co-worker spotted me opening a clip knife one-handed.
"YOU CARRY A KNIFE? WHY DO YOU CARRY A KNIFE?!?"
Me: "Because people get excited when I open cardboard boxes with my gun!"

And, no, I do not EDC a gun: Company policy.

Back
Top Bottom