• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

Bumping this in case anyone missed it.

http://ruger.com/micros/advocacy/takeAction.html

It's running a little slow, after I hit submit it took 10-15 seconds to go to the next page where you need to sign it, otherwise it won't be sent. Be patient. Sent a second one with mrs. Sails' name and email. It will give you a list of all the pols they will send it to, including your local senators and reps.

Below is a copy of my letter and Rep Canavans response I still haven't heard back from Sen Joyce....

Dear Senator Joyce and Representative Canavan
I'm writing today to ask that you oppose the new anti gun bill proposed by the Governor. I have worked with both of you in the past as a member of the West Bridgewater Finance Committee and consider both of you reasonable people. This is why I feel that if you read the proposed legislation you will understand that it will do nothing more than make law abiding citizens like myself victims of what is essentially confiscation of the magazines for guns that I've had for more than 20 years. The bill proposes that all magazines with a capacity more than 10 rounds will be out right banned and no longer grand fathered as they have for nearly 20 years. Currently I can't even purchase magazines with a capacity of 7 rounds for several guns that I own. I've always done the right thing got licensed followed all the laws etc. Unfortunately the criminals don't follow the laws I guess that's what makes them criminals. I'm extremely concerned that I'm losing rights that I've had my whole life slowly but surely. My biggest concern is if this bill is passed that other law abiding citizens like myself will become criminals because some will not dispose of sell or turn in these magazines.

Please keep in mind that mental capacity is the issue not magazine capacity. I fully support keeping guns of all kinds out of the hands of the mentally ill or felons but vehemently oppose taking away what we licensed law abiding citizens have had for generations.

Thank you for your Consideration

Wade

Good morning,

I wanted to take a moment to thank you for your e-mail regarding the newly proposed legislation regarding guns.

Representative Canavan has always taken her constituents Second Amendment rights very seriously and has continuously maintained an A+ GOAL(Gun Owners Action League) rating. The Representative is also a FID card carrier. I have spoken to Representative Canavan recently to reaffirm her beliefs and she wished for me to continue to express to constituents that she has no plans on voting for any of these bills that are being talked about.

Thank you again for e-mailing. Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I can help you in any other way.

Best,

Caitlin

Caitlin A. Kenerson
Legislative Aide
Office of State Representative Christine Canavan
10th Plymouth District
State House, Room 146
Boston, MA
617-722-2575
617-722-2238(fax)

E-Mail:[email protected]

unsure of rosa and flanagan--she does come to the legislative shoots religiously so i am expecting a positive response from her. i hope. [hmmm]

the last time i wrote to her regarding this type of thing, she shot me down with some stupid left response. not unexpected

Preparing for the worst ...

What will the effective date be if this passes? The date it is signed? Or is there a grace period?

On the other hand, if I can only load 7 rounds into my 10 round mags, perhaps rushing to buy them is a waste of time.

Would a work around be assuming this passes to be move all magazines that hold over 7 rounds to a state that allows them, like new Hampshire? You would only be able to use them in that state though.

Good, I was speaking more generally though, we have all gotten into the mode of "what is the point" and unless we are willing to eat bark next winter, we need to get out of that mode.

dont worry, i completely agree. our reps need to know we are watching them closely and their jobs are on the line.

this is the email that i just fired off to all connected to my city:

I am writing today to urge you to cast a "NO" vote on An Act To Strengthen And Enhance Firearms Laws in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. Please allow me to explain my position: I am a wife, mother, home owner and tax payer. I also happen to legally own a semi automatic handgun that will be outlawed if the above referenced act were to pass. I am not a criminal, yet the act will make me one if it passes. I am sure you are tired of hearing how criminals do not obey laws so this will not apply to them. It is true. This law will make criminals out of any semi automatic gun owner who may have lost count of how many rounds they are loading into a magazine at their gun club. Is this really what the state wishes to do? Turn otherwise productive and lawful members of society into criminals? Surely the state has more pressing issues than spending the time and money to catch, investigate and then prosecute such a potential "criminal". I am writing to appeal to your sense of decency. Please, vote "NO" on this act. Thank You.

obviously you may need to edit some details, particularly if you are not a wife, mom, home owner or tax payer........

i will also call later and try to speak these same points to any who will listen.

in the meantime i feel like i am putting up 10lb sandbags for every 50lbs of water that comes in....i am thisclose to saying **** it and walking away from my job and house in this ****ed up state. it's better to be free and broke than a potential felon and broke....

If we can't stop this insanity through demonstrations and persuading our senators and representatives, then civil disobedience is the only way. Aren't many LEOs and police chiefs on the same side as us?

We need to draw the line in the sand now.

"It is tough to prioritize the defenses these days since the attack is so broad and from so many directions."

When the **** are we going to wake up. This is all so ****ing predictable, they are overloading the system, no breathing room, no time to react, no time to organize and oppose.

From the playbook: RULE 8: “Keep the pressure on. Never let up.” Keep trying new things to keep the opposition off balance. As the opposition masters one approach, hit them from the flank with something new.

They said they just want to get evil looking assault rifles off the streets, but we know that is a lie, we must get the message out that ALL semi-autos would be illegal under this law since nobobdy makes a 7 round magazine.

What percent of guns would be neutered under this bill.

We need to email allies, Howie Carr show, Drudge, Herald, every rod and gun club in the state, and explain in simple terms the devestating impact this 7 round limit would have on lawful gun owners.

I've been trying to tell people for years the only way to win this war - is to simply remove the tools of war from the enemies hands.

That is what the Constitution attempted to do. Constrain the government to such a point where it simply couldn't be tyrannical because it simply would not have the power.

But anybody who has spent enough time here on the pages of NES should know by now that we are over-run with people who will come up with any excuse to keep the current big government structure we have. And then they will whine and bitch and moan about that very same government - THAT THEY DEFEND IN ALL OTHER THINGS - is coming to take their guns away.

Whether it's needing the government to defend us against terrorism, or defending obscene taxes because we need the roads, wanting the government in your bedroom - or your womb (for better or worse) , defending the public schooling systems - that instills in peoples heads an unthinking acceptance of big government at all levels, to denigrating the "militia" system that we used to have that was supposed to prevent these types of things from happening , to defending social security, to defending govt. run healthcare , - etc. etc. etc. - and so on and so forth.............

The truth is - you CAN'T ALLOW BIG GOVERNMENT IN ALL THE OTHER ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE - WITHOUT IT SOONER OR LATER GETTING INTO THOSE ASPECTS OF YOUR LIFE WHERE YOU DON'T WANT IT TO BE.

I forget who said this but it still (obviously) - is completely true:

" a government big enough to give you everything - is big enough to take away all you have" (or something to that effect)

Sorry for the rant - but I hope there's a whole bunch of people out there who have gotten religion over the last few weeks and seen the error of their ways. But I'm not real confident. The truth is that there are an awful lot of ****tards out there who have helped enable this whole disaster in one way or another - because they simply don't believe in any way shape or form - in what this country was originally laid out to be.

The simple fact is that we are suffering attacks from all sides - because we have enabled those sides to exist in the first place. If those "sides" weren't even there to begin with - they could never be used for an attack.

That was supposed to be the genius of this country. But it has been deconstructed piece by piece and bit by bit - for decades and decades. Now we are potentially seeing the end game.

Last edited:
Fortunately this one doesn't apply to me, all my mags are 7 rounds or less. I never owned one of these high capacity clips, too dangerous.

Yes go to the Saturday Rally for starters..
Dont dress like a gun nut, loose the camoflage. ...dress respecatble, act respectable (to a degree).
They have to respect us...TV News will have a field day if we look like a bunch of kooks...

Sent emails to Senator Jehlen and Representative Donato. If I wasn't out of state this Saturday I'd be there at the capital building.

Preparing for the worst ...

What will the effective date be if this passes? The date it is signed? Or is there a grace period?

On the other hand, if I can only load 7 rounds into my 10 round mags, perhaps rushing to buy them is a waste of time.

Are modern 10 round mags dated? How will they know when you bought them if not?

Back
Top Bottom