• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

True, but given the history of skirting the concept of ex post facto, I would never be confident that any assurance of "consequence free" would not be retroactively reversed in the future.
Indeed, which is why the courts have failed in their lack of application of due process requirements here. It was their job to keep the burden on the executive and legislative branches and our job to make sure they did.

Both failed.

Sadly, we've done too good of a job with religion as we can see with the Catholic Church scandal, so I know it is possible to draw bright lines. They have turned this whole process on its head though and are working harder to do so with all of these centralized database, mandatory reporting mechanisms. It is a profound 4A and 5A violation as far as I am concerned and not conducive to disclosure to medical professions to put it lightly.

So, you are arguing they could never make these protections strong enough when they are on the opposite end of the spectrum trying to remove any remaining concepts of being secure in your persons and papers and free from testifying against yourself.

Patrick is such a dumbass! Just look at what he wants to do with taxes while unemployment is actually climbing. Why is a "sensible politician" just an oxymoron!!!!

What a complete dumbass!! Why doesn't he focus on getting illegal guns out of the streets instead??? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So Only Wheel Guns and a Limited number of Rifles. Those will be next. This is a grand scheme to disarm the polulation to be able to have total control.

I'll tell you what the White House was clever. They mus have know that they would have trouble through congress so they contacted all Blue States to basically Ban Everything.

Last edited:
This bill is far worse than NY's in one critical respect. They didn't amend the penalty for possessing a LCAFD, which would be defined to include a legally possessed 10 round mag loaded with 8 or more rounds. In other words, counting wrong is a felony!

This whole "you can load a 10 round mag with 7 rounds" is the most retarded thing I've ever heard of... thats like enforcing filling gas tanks to only 3/4 .

So am I correct that 10 round mags will be grandfathered in but owners can't put more than 7 rounds into them, and that no new 10 round mags can be sold or possessed?

And that if you buy a handgun in Jan, any magazine purchase must occur in Feb, Mar, etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Patrick is such a dumbass! Just look at what he wants to do with taxes while unemployment is actually climbing. Why is a "sensible politician" just an oxymoron!!!!

What a complete dumbass!! Why doesn't he focus on getting illegal guns out of the streets instead??? Ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Taxes are the last thing to be worrying about right now.

Anyone have any information about when this will be brought up to a vote? I really hope it doesn't go through some back door late night BS. I want to see Deval have to answer questions about this first, maybe then peope will see how F***ing stupid he is.

Just made a donation to comm 2a. Tonight I will be writing an email to my state reps to request they vote no on this proposal. I can't believe all these people so readily pick and choose what freedom they will support and which they will rape and pillage. I can't wait till they come after the first amendment to see how all the sheep react.

Just made a donation to comm 2a. Tonight I will be writing an email to my state reps to request they vote no on this proposal. I can't believe all these people so readily pick and choose what freedom they will support and which they will rape and pillage. I can't wait till they come after the first amendment to see how all the sheep react.
Call too...

Just called Congressman Durant's office and Senator Moore. Durant is firmly opposed to this legislation, while Moore is waiting to see which way the wind blows before making up his mind.

So, are they going to designate special people to go around to all the ranges and count how many rounds people are loading into their magazines? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [rofl]

NES only has so much reach. We all need to contact our clubs and have them get the word out. Know someone at a gun shop? Call them to and tell them all to start hammering their reps and go to the rally on Saturday.

This is no time for "OMG, FU Deval" and so on. This is time for action. The FU's come later.

MODS: Please sticky this!!!!

Why the HELL GOAL is sitting on its ass??????

So, are they going to designate special people to go around to all the ranges and count how many rounds people are loading into their magazines? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [rofl]

Not funny. There are Obama voters who are also gun club members. Don't think they won't turn you in.
There are people in clubs that hate other members, because of some dumb club election thing or rule etc.
Or, the video from some kid's Iphone will land you in jail.

No. Your fellow MA residents are oximorons fro electing him again.

This bill is far worse than NY's in one critical respect. They didn't amend the penalty for possessing a LCAFD, which would be defined to include a legally possessed 10 round mag loaded with 8 or more rounds. In other words, counting wrong is a felony!

Great catch.

How do we get these arguments to someone that can use them to fight this in the legislature?

Letters sent, although I highly doubt my Reps will do the right thing. This is going to be a tough battle.

Have we at least figured out how to interpret this? Are we going to have to toss our 10 rounders out? No serial numbers and completely impossible to enforce. I cannot make sense of anything this stupid states puts on paper. I wrote 2 letters to my reps last night. Although I was pretty upset and I wish I waited to this morning to write a less scathing email. The Governor is ignorant on this matter. Plain and simple.

I hate to say, "I told you so..."

For those of you who tell me to take my tinfoil hat off, just a reminder that in two decades you'll have to ask your government's permission to own that single shot 20 gauge your grandfather gave you. And it be better be disassembled and locked...

Letters sent, although I highly doubt my Reps will do the right thing. This is going to be a tough battle.

Letters are useless. They didn't work in NY and NY has republican senate.

Attend this event.

http://archive.constantcontact.com/...eague+(GOAL+News+-+Gun+Owners'+Action+League)

- - - Updated - - -

Have we at least figured out how to interpret this? Are we going to have to toss our 10 rounders out? No serial numbers and completely impossible to enforce. I cannot make sense of anything this stupid states puts on paper. I wrote 2 letters to my reps last night. Although I was pretty upset and I wish I waited to this morning to write a less scathing email. The Governor is ignorant on this matter. Plain and simple.

The interpretation is meaningless.
Let me put this out for you: they want to disarm you so they can **** you in the ass.
The only thing you can do right now is protest. Come to the state house on the 19th

I may be wrong, but this provision simply redefines what will be considered high capacity. So, if this mess passes into law, any mag or feeding device 7-10 rounds will be high capacity. Further on in the bill it bans, retroactively, the possession of mags/devices more than 10 rounds; gives one year to either sell or destroy all others.

They can lick my toes.

Back
Top Bottom