MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

Sent Ruger missive as well as private emails to State Rep Spilka, State Senator Sannicandro, Senate President Murray, House Speaker DeLeo and Governor Patrick.

Are modern 10 round mags dated? How will they know when you bought them if not?

They started dating mags when the '94 ban went into effect and stopped when it ended. Alternately, if they weren't dated they were stamped "military or law enforcement use only".

Whether they would do this for a handful of states, is anyones guess. I tend to doubt it, but who knows.

Last edited:
Sent to everybody on ruger's list and a few more. I'm going to send an email to everyone in the HOR and Senate as well.
My email with some borrowed from ruger's and some of my own thoughts...

Dear xxxxx,
I am a law-abiding citizen, parent and responsible gun owner.
I am saddened by the tragic events in Newtown, but I believe that efforts to impose new restrictions on me and other lawful gun owners is unfair and unconstitutional. Lawful citizens should not lose their rights because of what criminals do. Do you think that the criminals are going to adhere to the new proposed laws? Murder is illegal and that doesn't stop criminals from committing murder. Did you know that violent crime with firearms has declined since the Federal "assault weapons ban" expired in 2004?
Your focus should be on strengthening mental health care and improving the quality of data supporting NIC's checks. Do not pass more gun laws; instead, work to enforce the more than 20,000 gun laws already on the books.
Please vote with your common sense and not because of pressure from your party. The sad thing is if these new laws are passed it will do nothing to curb gun violence. You know it and I know it.
Please don't make law abiding citizens criminals.
I am your constituent and I vote. Please represent me.
Sincerely,
xxxxxxx

Sent a ton of e-mails this afternoon and sent that Ruger page to pro 2A friends that aren't on NES. I really, really respect Ruger for doing that.

The only problem with the Ruger letter is that it is geared towards the FED, not our specific bill(s). Need to personally contact as many reps/Senators as you can with a state specific personal email, letter and above all HAMMER the phones.

Lobbed in a e-mail to my state rep (D), whom I know. Be interesting to see how he responds. I'll circle back when he does (which he will).

They started dating mags when the '94 ban went into effect and stopped when it ended. Alternately, if they weren't dated they were stamped "military or law enforcement use only".

Whether they would do this for a handful of states, is anyones guess. I tend to doubt it, but who knows.

About what I figured. So even if this unconstitutional BS passes, go to a free state, buy 10 round mags, say you had them before today. Not to mention the used options.

sent an email to Jim Lyons, DiZoglio, and Finegold. Lyons definitely shares our views. I feel like he's in the increasing minority though.

OK. I have read and re-read this new "act" a few times and do not see where it mentions we are limited to carrying 7 rounds in a 10 round mag and where we have a year destroy pre-94 mags. Can someone point it out??

http://www.mass.gov/governor/legisl...-to-strengthen-and-enhance-firearms-laws.html

It's really worthless for me to contact my rep's (O'Flaherty & Reinstein). I'm just hoping they do the right thing.

EDITED: Never mind, I found it.

This is just f'd up.

SECTION 25. Said section 131M of chapter 140 of the General Laws, as so appearing, is hereby further amended by adding the following paragraph:-
Any large capacity feeding device that has or can readily be restored or converted to accept more than ten rounds of ammunition that was legally possessed by an individual prior to the enactment of this act must be sold or otherwise lawfully disposed of within one year of the act’s effective date. Such large capacity feeding devices may only be sold or disposed of to a purchaser authorized to possess such weapons.

Last edited:
"...person has purchased, rented or leased more than 1 rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device in any 30-day period..."

Can Mass residents sell magazines to people in other states? If not then good luck selling all those magazines when someone can't even buy more then 1 per month.

"...person has purchased, rented or leased more than 1 rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device in any 30-day period..."

Can Mass residents sell magazines to people in other states? If not then good luck selling all those magazines when someone can't even buy more then 1 per month.
There is no regulation (yet) of selling magazines across state lines.

Email, Write Letters and Call every anti rep that would support this. Get everybody you know to do the same, show up at the GOAL rallys. Do ANYTHING other than sit and take it up the ass!

This ^^, Call and write your reps as much as possible... one of my reps is sick of me and I intend on making them all aware that I won't abide by this and they need to do something to change it

I did my part, used the ruger forms, planning on being there Saturday too.

If you see me with my camera snapping pictures of you, feel free to say Hi.
I am an amateur photographer, so I'll be trying to capture sights and banners.

Hope we win this, otherwise I will move to NH.

- - - Updated - - -

Where the hell is Anonymous when we need them.

Anonymous is everyone everywhere.

Just for the record - I would assume that the "powers that think they are" are well aware of this forum and monitoring what goes on here. Just something to think of when discussing that latest boating accident ...

This is NOT okay.

Does anyone know when this will be voted on? What will it actually take for this to become law? I just hope there's enough time for us to convince the legislators to shoot this ****er down.

there is the sound bite

"mental capacity is the issue not magazine capacity.""
awesome [smile]

pound that phrase!

Lobbed in a e-mail to my state rep (D), whom I know. Be interesting to see how he responds. I'll circle back when he does (which he will).

Response from State Rep Jerry Parisella:

I have been receiving a lot of emails aboutthe governor's gun control bill. I want to learn more about his bill and why itwas filed, but it seems to me that the current 10-round magazine allowed inMassachusetts is a reasonable law. There is no question the Supreme Court hasheld that gun ownership is protected by the 2nd Amendment. I do believe we willtake some action in regards to mental health screening to ensure those whosuffer from mental illness and could do harm to themselves or others not beallowed access to weapons.

JerryParisella
StateRepresentative
6thEssex District
617-722-2460

Back
Top Bottom