MA: SEVEN ROUND MAG BAN! This is not a joke.

Response from State Rep Jerry Parisella:

I have been receiving a lot of emails aboutthe governor's gun control bill. I want to learn more about his bill and why itwas filed, but it seems to me that the current 10-round magazine allowed inMassachusetts is a reasonable law. There is no question the Supreme Court hasheld that gun ownership is protected by the 2nd Amendment. I do believe we willtake some action in regards to mental health screening to ensure those whosuffer from mental illness and could do harm to themselves or others not beallowed access to weapons.

JerryParisella
StateRepresentative
6thEssex District
617-722-2460

Ask him if it would be reasonable for the cops to be limited to 10 rounds.

That woman in Georgia went through 6 rounds and the guy was still alive, so I guess in MA, you would have just 1 extra bullet as margin of error.

You should email him that story and simply say, "this is why limiting us to 10 or 7 rounds is a bad idea."

I have sent emails off to all my Reps today, and passed on the contact info to everyone I know.

Ask him if it would be reasonable for the cops to be limited to 10 rounds.

That woman in Georgia went through 6 rounds and the guy was still alive, so I guess in MA, you would have just 1 extra bullet as margin of error.

You should email him that story and simply say, "this is why limiting us to 10 or 7 rounds is a bad idea."

I'm in the process of crafting a very detailed response - stay tuned.

Response from State Rep Jerry Parisella:

I have been receiving a lot of emails aboutthe governor's gun control bill. I want to learn more about his bill and why itwas filed, but it seems to me that the current 10-round magazine allowed inMassachusetts is a reasonable law. There is no question the Supreme Court hasheld that gun ownership is protected by the 2nd Amendment. I do believe we willtake some action in regards to mental health screening to ensure those whosuffer from mental illness and could do harm to themselves or others not beallowed access to weapons.

JerryParisella
StateRepresentative
6thEssex District
617-722-2460

He knows damn well why it was filed.

Look, "don't change laws related to magazine capacity or existing grandfathering" isn't a bad message.

As Biden said, don't let 'perfect' be the enemy of 'good enough'.

[rofl2] this POS actually believes what he does is fair and just. THAT's the problem. The People of the country have hired complete lunatics who themselves should be committed!!!

a lot of these a**h***s never held a real job or been away from .gov tit, many of them really live in la-la land, far from reality.

I have sent emails off to all my Reps today, and passed on the contact info to everyone I know.

I have been emailing my Repub State Rep and "GOAL Endorsed" Dem State Senator for weeks now with no response from either. Emailed them again today after hearing about Devalue's BS.

Edit - I just received a positive response from my State Rep stating "...rest assured that I will do all in my power to continue to advocate for our 2nd Amendment Rights"

Last edited:
I'm in the process of crafting a very detailed response - stay tuned.

I will tell you that story is one of the most powerful examples of why limiting citizens fire power is simply wrong.

Right after Newtown, my wife made an off hand comment that it might not be a "bad thing to ban those large magazines" (She's no moonbat, she just doesn't know shit about guns really)

So I explained to her about the AR and magazines, etc. but it wasn't until I recounted that story of the woman in Georgia and played the 911 tape for her (which is chilling as hell) that she was 100% convinced by my arguments.

I told her to put herself in the place of that woman, and having to shoot that guy with 6 bullets and then realizing that he was still alive--I asked her what would she do next.

She said "I would run out of the house with the kids" and I said good "that is what that woman did, but now you get to downstairs and there is another man in the house making his way toward you, you are all out of bullets, now what, how are you going to protect the kids and yourself?"

I then said "right now NY just made it a law that you can't have more than 7 bullets in a gun, so what would you do if two men came into this house when I wasn't here and you only had 7 bullets to work with because some legislator thought that was a "reasonable" number for people to have.

"Doesn't that piss you off?"

"What right does the government have telling you how many bullets you need to defend yourself and your family."

She says, "I see your point, it's just arbitrary, I know."

When dealing with women and some men, appeal to emotion is a powerful tactic.

Last edited:
I've emailed and called 4 reps and one senator today. So far I've only talked to staff members but they all seemed to get one the 7 round mag limit is ridiculous. I'll keep trying.

One of them said that this bill should be thought of as a proposal and it's by no means a done deal. In fact, it's quite possible Patrick's and Linsky's bills could get pulled apart and pieces combined into one bill. Whether that's good or bad remains to be seen, but at least we have time which people in NY didn't.

I will tell you that story is one of the most powerful examples of why limiting citizens fire power is simply wrong.

Right after Newtown, my wife made an off hand comment that it might not be a "bad thing to ban those large magazines" (She's no moonbat, she just doesn't know shit about guns really)

So I explained to her about the AR and magazines, etc. but it wasn't until I recounted that story of the woman in Georgia and played the 911 tape for her (which is chilling as hell) that she was 100% convinced by my arguments.

I told her to put herself in the place of that woman, and having to shoot that guy with 6 bullets and then realizing that he was still alive--I asked her what would she do next.

She said "I would run out of the house with the kids" and I said good "that is what that woman did, but now you get to downstairs and there is another man in the house making his way toward you, you are all out of bullets, now what, how are you going to protect the kids and yourself?"

I then said "right now NY just made it a law that you can't have more than 7 bullets in a gun, so what would you do if two men came into this house when I wasn't here and you only had 7 bullets to work with because some legislator thought that was a "reasonable" number for people to have.

"Doesn't that piss you off?"

"What right does the government have telling me how many bullets you need to defend myself and my family."

She says, "I see your point, it's just arbitrary, I know."

When dealing with women and some men, appeal to emotion is a powerful tactic.

If only they had logic like this. Well played.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

He knows damn well why it was filed.

I think we all know why. It's about disarming taxpayers. They have to disarm us.
If they don't, disarm us, they won't be able to collect the amount of taxes they need.
There are thousands of prisoners who are going to want sex change operations,
and there are billions needed to repair the big-dig screw-ups, new trains etc.. (The list goes on into infinity).

Us Taxpayers have to submit and pay for all that crap.
They don't want us to start another 'Sons of Liberty' group.

I don't think there are enough of us left in MA, to counted as a voting block.
So, voting isn't going to help us at all. I wonder what would help.?.

Only when they want to make an example, you volunteering?

I agree with everyone who is saying contact their reps. Email, letter and a phone call. This is a political process and so many have just done nothing and let someone else take care of it. That thinking has led to this. Democracy only works when you participate. Make a list of the reasons you don't want your reps to vote for this insane rubbish and get involved. We are on trial here, don't let this happen by sitting on the sidelines.

If we do this right we can awaken the sleeping giant (We the People), and put this issue down.

So, are they going to designate special people to go around to all the ranges and count how many rounds people are loading into their magazines? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA [rofl]

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Senator Moore (D) has office hours at the Southbridge Town Hall tonight. I will be stopping by to speak with him and voice my opposition to this draconian gun grab bill.

A leftie at work was spouting off about how these automatic weapons need to be banned. Obviously I informed him they are, since 1934. I asked him about the 2nd Amend and he said that its outlived its usefulness. He also doesn't get why gun owners are so up in arms.

I asked him what his reaction would be if Roe v. Wade was overturned. He said it would infuriate himl, etc . . . . I told him, take that anger and fury and increase by orders of magnitude and then you will start to come close to what law abiding gun owners are feeling.

I will be at the state house Saturday!

Emailed Representative Peake and Senator Wolf. Rep Peake has a (A GOAL) rating and although Sen Wolf has no rating I know from calling his office during the past election he supports law abiding gun owners and stands behind the second amendment.

I only skimmed this thread, so I'm really sorry if someone already said this. BUT this is my favorite part:

Section 21
No person, other than an exempt person as defined in this subsection, shall purchase, rent or lease more than 1 rifle, shotgun, firearm, machine gun, large capacity weapon or large capacity feeding device in any 30-day period

If I read that correctly, I go to a gun store, purchase a pistol.... then have to wait 30 days to get the mag that comes with it??

This needs to be stopped now

I like the part about only being able to rent a gun once a month. I will sleep better knowing that people can't try out more than one gun per month at a range somewhere.

If I read that correctly, I go to a gun store, purchase a pistol.... then have to wait 30 days to get the mag that comes with it??

Back
Top Bottom