• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA banned guns, if you could have only one, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again this is more completely false info. She will not have to transfer in anything that she brings with her when she moves. The compliant bullshit you keep referencing applies ONLY to dealers NOT to individuals. You can buy or move in with ANY handgun you want in MA, but the off list ones can ONLY be sold/bought through private FTF sale. An FFL/deal can't legally transfer them to a MA resident. Please educate yourself before giving advice like this!

And what law/regulation did you read to uphold this? If I am wrong, I will admit it. Did I not just say I had been through this?

Quote some state laws and statutes before telling the rest of us what is the law.

And what law/regulation did you read to uphold this? If I am wrong, I will admit it. Did I not just say I had been through this?

Quote some state laws and statutes before telling the rest of us what is the law.

Please quote the law, state or federal that mandates a FFL is required for transfer of a firearm you already own to yourself.... There isn't one. If you already own it, it yours. You don't need a FFL to transfer it, as you already own it.

Bring your guns into the state.

Leave the post ban standard capacity mags behind

We have had many lawyers and mass law experts weigh in on this already.... Many many times..... This is not really that complicated

Last edited:
Please quote the law, state or federal that mandates a FFL is required for transfer of a firearm you already own to yourself.... There isn't one. If you already own it, it yours. You don't need a FFL to transfer it, as you already own it.

Bring your guns into the state.

Leave the post ban standard capacity mags behind

We have had many lawyers and mass law experts weigh in on this already.... Many many times..... This is not really that complicated

I've got a handle on that and will be paying attention to the actual purchases I make before the move. Thanks a bunch - hope all having a killer evening.

Glock 19.

Reliable, fun to shoot.

Pre ban mags are available.

It takes a 15 round mag - 9mm- but you can carry 17 round spares.

You can also carry 30 rounders for home defense.

Even though it carries 15 rounds, it is still very concealable.

The only thing I miss (not related to the list) is a supressor...
#1 this about the only thing in Mass we can't own that I'd like to have here in MA (won't help the OP much, can't bring them with you if you move here, unless you are part of the very tiny group that can have them)

And what law/regulation did you read to uphold this?...Quote some state laws and statutes before telling the rest of us what is the law.

We can't quote laws that don't exist... Please re-read the laws you think you have read/understood, because they don't say what you seem to think they say...

#1 this about the only thing in Mass we can't own that I'd like to have here in MA (won't help the OP much, can't bring them with you if you move here, unless you are part of the very tiny group that can have them)

I have not really looked at suppressors - any hunter lawsuits out there over hearing loss? Would love to see them extract a couple pounds of flesh over this issue, but then again, whinny rubber knees will cry over Bambi but screw the hunter's hearing.

For example: if it does not have a LRI it is NOT MA legal,

If it does not have a MA compliant trigger, it is NOT LEGAL.

These are some the statutes that are required by MA law.

Duuuuuuuude! Stop! All these "laws" that you cite, only have to be followed by FFLs on NEW gun sales!

I would like to see more over the counter Custom made handguns, there is always a few good ones in the gun mags every month, would be nice to see them for real instead of having to drool on the pages all the time.

Tim [grin]

I would like to see more over the counter Custom made handguns, there is always a few good ones in the gun mags every month, would be nice to see them for real instead of having to drool on the pages all the time.

Tim [grin]

Yup, was sure nice to see Rader's machined tactical build Ruger SR1911. I didn't look to see where he hangs out but it would be nice to see that up close and personal.

I vote (again like I was a democrat) for an Anschutz 2013. We can buy them here but they are almost three grand. How was that sunset? Oops wait for it...
White Feather

You really need to stop posting this crap because it has nothing to do with this thread at all! All of these things you listed, while true, ONLY apply to FFLs NOT to anyone else! You just can't buy those guns without those features from a gun store, but I could legally sell it to you! What part of this are you so confused about? None of this applies to the OP either way though, as she can buy ANY handgun she wants AND move here with them with zero FFL involvement. The only exception is with post ban high cap mags, suppressors, etc. that are not legal to possess here. I'm not trying to single you out, or be a dick, but you are giving misinformation and stuff that is not applicable to the OP's situation AT ALL. Your situation was completely different because you reside here, and were bringing guns in THROUGH AN FFL, so everything HAS to be MA legal for the FFL to transfer to you, otherwise THEY are penalized - NOT YOU! Get it?

You can own whatever is for sale FTF. List or not.

-Proud to be dad every day, a licensed plumber most days, and wish I was a shoemaker on others.

I believe the features that GaryW listed do not preclude a transfer, as long as they are on the list. Many firearms are bought and sold by FFLs with "trigger jobs". M&Ps and j-frames are frequently modified. As long as you are a MA resident, they should have no problem transferring an older firearm without these "safety features" After all, they were totally legal, as of a few years ago.

As Terminator03 stated: as long as you are not transferring from out of state, you're good to go. Moving here with firearms is pretty much anything goes, except post '94 high-cap mags.

Where did you get your law degree?

As Terminator03 stated: as long as you are not transferring from out of state, you're good to go. Moving here with firearms is pretty much anything goes, except post '94 high-cap mags.

And as I clarified already, but to restate.... Pistols that are deemed "assault pistols" having a magazine outside of the pistol grip and are post ban are not legal. This has nothing to do with AG regs, but our continuation of the 94 AWB

There are numerous threads in the Mass Gun Law forum that go over this subject.

You could not possibly be more wrong. You are doing a disservice to all gun owners by spreading this garbage.

There are numerous threads in the Mass Gun Law forum that go over this subject.

You could not possibly be more wrong. You are doing a disservice to all gun owners by spreading this garbage.

Thus my original comment on how these threads suck balls....

While I don't think at all that Gary is intentionally mis quoting our already complicated mass laws, the constant reap eating of false "law" only makes our bad situation worse.

What you are missing is that a MA resident can own certain firearms, where non-legal MA firearms are NOT legal. What I am saying is she can own whatever AZ law allows, but might not be what MA law allows. That much is obvious to anyone who wants to own a handgun in MA.

I just went through this - so I got a few tips on this. It WAS a MA compliant EOPS certified pistol. I got a lot of run-around on it, until I did the FFL transfer. That was quite smooth.

If you have an AZ handgun you can't just walk it into MA and expect it to transfer cleanly. I DID mention I had out-of-state handguns transferred in without issue because I looked them up. I did the research. Not all guns can be transferred into MA.

If it isn't MA compliant (like a Gen 4 Glock post 1994) - you are going to find it won't transfer and thusly you can't legally own it.

Unless I have lost *my* mind, that is the law in MA.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Everything you posted is WRONG, WRONG, WRONG! You should be working for EOPS or the AG, they have been good lately in "adding words" to MGL where none exist and pontificating all sorts of stuff as illegal!

I believe the features that GaryW listed do not preclude a transfer, as long as they are on the list. Many firearms are bought and sold by FFLs with "trigger jobs". M&Ps and j-frames are frequently modified. As long as you are a MA resident, they should have no problem transferring an older firearm without these "safety features" After all, they were totally legal, as of a few years ago.

Actually dealers aren't supposed to transfer used guns that don't comply either (unless grandfathered) but no dealer checks the guns and nobody to date has been bothering them about it either.

------------------

Kimberly,

Buy whatever it is that you like, fits your hand, and that you can shoot well!

The EOPS List is a good starting point wrt what's not there, but guns are like women's shoes, if they don't fit comfortably they are of no use to you and us guys can't successfully buy our SO's shoes for them.

If I am wrong, I will admit it.

Did is you admit you were wrong yet? This is a tough website to come off as an authority on a subject, especially when you make a mistake. Being belligerent about it only makes it worse.

just some friendly information.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom