• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

MA banned guns, if you could have only one, which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't worry about "MA banned guns". There is pretty much a legal wallhack for every law on the book in this state regarding what you supposedly can and can't own.

To be honest though if we're talking handguns, look at the EOPS roster, pretty much everything that is NOT on it. So if there's any wackjob or oddball thing that isn't on that list, you'd better buy it now if you have to move into this shithole, because getting it afterwards will be considerably more difficult. (but not impossible, but it may take you awhile to do it, depending on how much money you have to exploit wallhacks )

-Mike

I don't worry about "MA banned guns". There is pretty much a legal wallhack for every law on the book in this state regarding what you supposedly can and can't own.

To be honest though if we're talking handguns, look at the EOPS roster, pretty much everything that is NOT on it. So if there's any wackjob or oddball thing that isn't on that list, you'd better buy it now if you have to move into this shithole, because getting it afterwards will be considerably more difficult. (but not impossible, but it may take you awhile to do it, depending on how much money you have to exploit wallhacks )

-Mike

My brother-in-law is a CC instructor in CO - he conducts other classes up there as well - anyway, if I pick anything up, I want to be selective about it and once I decide what I want to bring with me, I know he'll help me with the connections out here so I get the best deal. He's into EVERYTHING so I need to make my pics and then get with him for the purchase. He's a reloader too so when he finds out I'm on my way out of AZ to MA (the fam doesn't know yet - moving away is tough) he'll want to get me hooked up with that too. Geez, what are we coming too!!!!!!!!!

I would love to own an AR. I have not had much a problem with any gun transferred into MA.

A new Gen 4 Glock 19 would also be on my list. I just got a M&P .45 transferred in (used). I had no issues with the transfer inbound.

This was actually a serious question. I didn't ask it to find out what I should buy to bring into MA (to re-sell). I wasn't interested in finding out how pejorative one could be **DRB**. I am quite honest in my interest.

Once I'm there, I'm in the same boat as you are now so I'm taking the time to pick the collective NES brain to see what I might wish to purchase for my own use - a gun I will not be able to easily or affordably get after I move. [wave]
Sometimes, it's not easy to get a serious answer around here. My answer would be to start by studying the FSGuns "Guns you cannot buy in Massachusetts" webpage ( Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts ) and see if anything there appeals to you or is already on your personal Want List. Also remember that even gun models that are approved for us suffering Massachusetts folks are better bought outside of the state and brought in when you move. That way you avoid the 10+ pound trigger pulls mandated by Evil Marcia, our AG.

Obviously, if you are interested in any Glock, Kimber, Colt or Springfield model, buy that before you move. And remember that you are limited to 10 round magazines unless they are pre-ban.

My answer would be to start by studying the FSGuns "Guns you cannot buy in Massachusetts" webpage ( Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts ) and see if anything there appeals to you or is already on your personal Want List.

I would agree to this but REMEMBER that shops may give you a hard time if you are transferring a gun they SELL. I just went through this myself.

If you WANT something get it first and have it transferred into MA. In many cases (the FFL can verify this) you can transfer into MA AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A LTC. Do you have a MA LTC?

In most cases you need a LTC Class A Unrestricted. These can be a b*tch to obtain, depending on the town you are moving to. My .45 REQUIRES me to have one as it is considered "large-capacity."

Just an FYI and a "heads-up" Kimberly.

I would agree to this but REMEMBER that shops may give you a hard time if you are transferring a gun they SELL. I just went through this myself.

If you WANT something get it first and have it transferred into MA. In many cases (the FFL can verify this) you can transfer into MA AS LONG AS YOU HAVE A LTC. Do you have a MA LTC?
I think Kimberly's plan is to buy what she decides she wants before her big move (AZ to MA)... thus hopefully avoiding any local shops or FFL transfer fees & hassles.

Sometimes, it's not easy to get a serious answer around here. My answer would be to start by studying the FSGuns "Guns you cannot buy in Massachusetts" webpage ( Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts ) and see if anything there appeals to you or is already on your personal Want List. Also remember that even gun models that are approved for us suffering Massachusetts folks are better bought outside of the state and brought in when you move. That way you avoid the 10+ pound trigger pulls mandated by Evil Marcia, our AG.

Obviously, if you are interested in any Glock, Kimber, Colt or Springfield model, buy that before you move. And remember that you are limited to 10 round magazines unless they are pre-ban.

Stellar comments and advise. I'll connect with that link and check it against "my cold dead hands" list. I LOVE these links - you guys are great (talking to GaryW, drgrant, et al). NOW is the time and I'll never be back in a permissive State like AZ again so I have to take care of the basics (my basics!).

I think Kimberly's plan is to buy what she decides she wants before her big move (AZ to MA)... thus hopefully avoiding any local shops or FFL transfer fees & hassles.

WRONG. You cannot dodge the $40 transfer fee and you MUST buy a MA compliant firearm.

I just went through this and I know this.

I got two handguns from out of state and luckily both were MA compliant. You need to make sure they are OK with AG laws. We live in a lovely state.

I did my research before agreeing to a transfer. All my handguns have been on the EOPS list or were exempt (by legal sale in MA). You need to be mindful of this...and that each out-of-state transfer (where legal) is $40.

Nice Welcome to NES post [rolleyes]

GaryW's post sums up what I'd tell you Kimberly.

**DRB** hasn't come up for air yet, can't see the forest for the hairs....[rofl]

- - - Updated - - -

WRONG. You cannot dodge the $40 transfer fee and you MUST buy a MA compliant firearm.

I got two handguns from out of state and luckily both were MA compliant. You need to make sure they are OK with AG laws. We live in a lovely state.

I did my research before agreeing to a transfer. All my handguns have been on the EOPS list or were exempt (by legal sale in MA). You need to be mindful of this...and that each out-of-state transfer (where legal) is $40.

I understand - thanks!!!

This was actually a serious question. I didn't ask it to find out what I should buy to bring into MA (to re-sell). I wasn't interested in finding out how pejorative one could be **DRB**. I am quite honest in my interest.

Once I'm there, I'm in the same boat as you are now so I'm taking the time to pick the collective NES brain to see what I might wish to purchase for my own use - a gun I will not be able to easily or affordably get after I move. [wave]

Yes, these threads suck because people like you don't feel the need to take 2 seconds to read or search through the 100's of other threads on this subject.... Had you done that you would have found a very simple answer. The only banned guns are post ban ( 94 federal assault weapon bad ) assault weapons. There are no "banned" guns other than that hear as the 5 other threads in the past two weeks have concluded as well.

Machine guns are fine. Suppressors are a no-no unless you are a licensed manufacturers, assault pistols are a no go unless they are pre federal ban.... Destructive devices are fine.....

Kimbers while steaming pile of dog turds are not banned in any way shape or form.

Stuff to bring:

1911s: Springers, Kimbers, high end stuff like nighthawk and Wilson

HKs: some are MA compliant, many are not, HK45 and HK45c are highly desirable

4th generation glocks

+this!
Guns that you cannot buy in Massachusetts
Be sure to get your Gen 4 Glock of choice before you arrive and swap out the mags for preban versions. The list isn't only for extra Killy high capacity black guns. You can't buy a new TC Contender, Colt SAA, pardini .22 and many other guns here because the manufacturers said no to the ridiculous testing. Sorry I focused on your last line and thought it was another free stater busting the peoples republic of Massachusetts. Hope you have a good reason to move back here. Good luck with the move. I will check the sunset tonight. Since you are in Tempe in mountain time with no daylight savings, I will have three hours to tell you about it. [smile]
White Feather

hB6BFF4F4

What am I missing here? She is currently an Arizona resident who can buy anything she darn well wants. When she then moves into Massachusetts at some later date, she will be allowed to bring them with her. They do not have to be MA-compliant guns and they do not have to go through an FFL. They only have to comply with the MA AWB and no magazines over 10 rounds unless pre-ban.

I don't believe that anyone here is talking about what she might want to buy after she has already moved here. [thinking]

Unless I have lost my mind, you are talking about the situation for a person who is already a Massachusetts resident, which she is not.

What am I missing here? She is currently an Arizona resident who can buy anything she darn well wants. When she then moves into Massachusetts at some later date, she will be allowed to bring them with her. They do not have to be MA-compliant guns and they do not have to go through an FFL. They only have to comply with the MA AWB and no magazines over 10 rounds unless pre-ban.

I don't believe that anyone here is talking about what she might want to buy after she has already moved here. [thinking]

Unless I have lost my mind, you are talking about the situation for a person who is already a Massachusetts resident, which she is not.

What you are missing is that a MA resident can own certain firearms, where non-legal MA firearms are NOT legal. What I am saying is she can own whatever AZ law allows, but might not be what MA law allows. That much is obvious to anyone who wants to own a handgun in MA.

I just went through this - so I got a few tips on this. It WAS a MA compliant EOPS certified pistol. I got a lot of run-around on it, until I did the FFL transfer. That was quite smooth.

If you have an AZ handgun you can't just walk it into MA and expect it to transfer cleanly. I DID mention I had out-of-state handguns transferred in without issue because I looked them up. I did the research. Not all guns can be transferred into MA.

If it isn't MA compliant (like a Gen 4 Glock post 1994) - you are going to find it won't transfer and thusly you can't legally own it.

Unless I have lost *my* mind, that is the law in MA.

Dude, this entire post and your previous one are full of fail. She can move in with ANY damned gun she wants whether it is on the list or not and she does NOT need to transfer any of them through an ffl. Please don't put stuff on here that is completely incorrect. What you are speaking of only applies to people already living in MA.

What you are missing is that a MA resident can own certain firearms, where non-legal MA firearms are NOT legal. What I am saying is she can own whatever AZ law allows, but might not be what MA law allows. That much is obvious to anyone who wants to own a handgun in MA.

I just went through this - so I got a few tips on this. It WAS a MA compliant EOPS certified pistol. I got a lot of run-around on it, until I did the FFL transfer. That was quite smooth.

If you have an AZ handgun you can't just walk it into MA and expect it to transfer cleanly. I DID mention I had out-of-state handguns transferred in without issue because I looked them up. I did the research. Not all guns can be transferred into MA.

If it isn't MA compliant (like a Gen 4 Glock post 1994) - you are going to find it won't transfer and thusly you can't legally own it.

While you may not have lost your mind, you are NOT correct

1994 has nothing to do with our state regulations....
That was the federal assault weapon ban

October 21st 1998 was the date the mass regulation regarding handguns took affect.

If a person already owns firearms out of state they do not need a FFL to bring them into the state. Travel wise, if you can lawfully posses firearms in AZ and lawfully posses firearms in MA interstate travel with them ( stored properly) is not a problem either.

Keep in mind unless you find a dealer willing to transfer, your off list firearms will only be transferable via fa10, which only 4 sales are permissible a year.

Additionally, "assault weapons" and post ban standard capacity magazines are not covered and not dealt with in the handgun regulations Mass still has a version of the 94 federal assault weapons ban. Just because you can legally bring in and posses a FN 5.7 does not mean you can possess legally the hi cap mag that it comes with. You CANNOT. it IS a felony.

To my original point, this is why these threads suck. We have had very very knowledgable people ( not including myself in that statement at all). Weigh in on this subject 100's of times. Inevitably these threads get cluttered with wrong or bad advice over and over again. As to which guns a person should bring in to the state??? I have only ever owned firearms in mass and I've never had issue finding the handgun I want at free state prices. If I were Kimberly I would be less concerned with what handguns to bring and be more concerned with not coming here in the 1st place

Last edited:

Once again this is more completely false info. She will not have to transfer in anything that she brings with her when she moves. The compliant bullshit you keep referencing applies ONLY to dealers NOT to individuals. You can buy or move in with ANY handgun you want in MA, but the off list ones can ONLY be sold/bought through private FTF sale. An FFL/deal can't legally transfer them to a MA resident. Please educate yourself before giving advice like this!

Dude, this entire post and your previous one are full of fail. She can move in with ANY damned gun she wants whether it is on the list or not and she does NOT need to transfer any of them through an ffl. Please don't put stuff on here that is completely incorrect. What you are speaking of only applies to people already living in MA.

+1

I missed that part of his post. Completely legal!

For example: if it does not have a LRI it is NOT MA legal,

If it does not have a MA compliant trigger, it is NOT LEGAL.

These are some the statutes that are required by MA law.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom