• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a new Cary gun

ALL: Is the P30SK a "decock only" gun?

My first carry gun was hammer fired with a safety (as I was initially uncomfortable with firearms with no safety). Possibly, that may be the reason for his opinion.
I carry guns without safeties now, but I understand why people have that initial faulty opinion.
I have the P95DC. I was a little hesitant back then about a gun "without a safety", but have grown to really like it. The decock merely drops the hammer safely. If one wanted to fire it, all it takes is one longer pull of the trigger. I'm OK with this, and think it makes sense.

ALL: Is the P30SK a "decock only" gun?

I have the P95DC. I was a little hesitant back then about a gun "without a safety", but have grown to really like it. The decock merely drops the hammer safely. If one wanted to fire it, all it takes is one longer pull of the trigger. I'm OK with this, and think it makes sense.
There is a manual safety model but I don't know which it on the list in MA

Looks like both p30sk (no safety) and sks (safety) are on the list. If you find a shop with p30sk let me know, I'm interested but had a tough time finding one in covid times.

Just became a paying member so please go easy on me.

Looking for a new carry gun (and God help me because i live in MA).
Would like some recommendations. I am trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size. My ideal pistol would be a CZ 2075 Rami but good luck finding one used in MA.
Anyone have any thoughts? I only cary hammer guns so that limits things for compact pistols. Sig may have a few good ones but i have never carried a Sig.

Why not the obvious choice? I own multiple Sigs and have never been disappointed by any of them. Ever. Pre-ban mags are available.
I also prefer a hammer gun, although I own multiple striker guns. I am also started to rethink my EDC caliber choice. 9mm just doesn't do it for me anymore and I am seriously thinking about carrying 45 more often. It's just hard to ignore the ease of shooting and carrying a 365

1608994044332.png

Another option to consider is the Sig SP2022. It never gets enough love. It was my first ever handgun purchase and I never regret pulling it out to play with at the range. I carry a G19 as it’s my preference but would not hesitate to carry my 2022 if needed.

You don't need the other stuff G19 is the answer
See post number 3 in this thread!

What is the difference between the P230 and the P232? (I know it is "2", but other than that!)

There is a manual safety model but I don't know which it on the list in MA
Not the same as a de-cocker.

Looks like both p30sk (no safety) and sks (safety) are on the list. If you find a shop with p30sk let me know, I'm interested but had a tough time finding one in covid times.
Again, not the same as a de-cocker.

There's also the HK p2000sk with no safety and a decocker
Maybe this is what they ^^ meant.

What is that button above the screw in the handgrip?

I really do think a Gen 3 S&W is going to fit the bill for the OP.

SIG has options, but some people just don't get used to SIGs (raises hand).

See post number 3 in this thread!

What is the difference between the P230 and the P232? (I know it is "2", but other than that!)

Not the same as a de-cocker.

Again, not the same as a de-cocker.

Maybe this is what they ^^ meant.

What is that button above the screw in the handgrip?
I’m not sure. I was going to post the PPK. I was just having fun. I like the PPK but I would snooze a Sig also when I am ready to buy.
The HK has a decocker separate from the safety.
The ppk and the sig 232 are virtual the same, I have a PP and a 232. The walther has better quality and a better trigger, and no decocker

The HK has a decocker separate from the safety.
The ppk and the sig 232 are virtual the same, I have a PP and a 232. The walther has better quality and a better trigger, and no decocker
Thanks for that 42. I’ll definitely seek out the PPK. Not sure if I want the ppks as the grip is longer and harder to conceal.

I've got an old Vz52 (some in the US call it a CZ52), sort of a Czech PPK clone, that's small and decocks with a hammer. Easy to shoot, too, very ergonomic.

The drawback? .32ACP, which is below my personal comfort level when choosing a defensive caliber.

Thanks for that 42. I’ll definitely seek out the PPK. Not sure if I want the ppks as the grip is longer and harder to conceal.
My walther is actually a PP, a model never manufactured in the US. You have to give props to German manufacturing. Oddly it was why I stopped using it as my everyday CC, it value started to clime, so I got the P232. But I'm swapping that for the 365. I still like the PP the most.

Just became a paying member so please go easy on me.

Looking for a new carry gun (and God help me because i live in MA).
Would like some recommendations. I am trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size. My ideal pistol would be a CZ 2075 Rami but good luck finding one used in MA.
Anyone have any thoughts? I only cary hammer guns so that limits things for compact pistols. Sig may have a few good ones but i have never carried a Sig.

I read the entire string, maybe I missed it. I know someone else asked it, but why are you so into hammer fired pistols?

I ask because I'm planning on doing CCW/Tactical(ish) instruction in a year or two. I think this may come up more than I think it should. Interested in your mental block against striker fired weapons. Hell, anyone can chime in, don't care. If there's too much derailment, I can always make a dedicated thread, if there isn't one already somewhere. It's almost like there should be a search feature, but I digress.

I read the entire string, maybe I missed it. I know someone else asked it, but why are you so into hammer fired pistols?
out of a common perception that a hammer is safer than a striker, probably. which is not true at all.

Back
Top Bottom