• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Looking for a new Cary gun

Welcome! Carry gun? Now that's a loaded question. LOL. What I mean by that is to some people a Dessert Eagle in 50AE is a carry gun, but to others, it's not. Now if I didn't care about the size or weight of a pistol my Beretta 92 FS would be the perfect pistol to carry. It's 100% reliable, has a very good trigger, and is fairly accurate. Unfortunately, my Beretta is way too big for me to carry around. I have owned the Sig P-239 and it's a decent carry pistol, a little heavy but not as heavy as my Beretta. Sadly, almost everything today is striker-fired and made of plastic. Maybe a used S&W third-generation pistol could work for you. Over the years I've owned several of those and found them to be reliable. Good luck finding something and safe shooting.

My dessert eagle:

1608943245230.png

Good call on the old S&Ws. Those have a lot of the features the OP is looking for except that they're not particularly compact.

I enjoy my Springfield Armory xde. Double action is heeeavy!! Langdon Tactical has a trigger job for it that I am considering having him do. You're more than welcome to try it out if our schedules allow it.

When I was in my hammer fired DA/SA w/ a decocker phase, the smallest one I could find that I could by from a dealer in MA was the XDE. Ok gun, checked all the boxes, except the ambi mag release which just seemed to be in the wrong place for me. I bought it. For AIWB carry and the corner of the fabric where my jeans buttoned would rest against the the lefty mag release. Dropped the mag twice while getting up from a chair. It’s been in the safe since. Then I decided I was ok w striker fire AIWB and got over the DA/SA thing.

Sig P938 is my choice in a compact, too, though it might not fit your requirements (no decocker). But that thing is fun, handy, concealable, and accurate. So who needs a decocker?

Someone who doesn’t want a SA only w a manual safety? I get the DA/SA w a decocker requirement. And yeah, I know, the 938 to me is what .40cal is to @Broccoli Iglesias. I had one, just did not like that gun. I definitely wouldn’t recommend it to a new shooter.

Just became a paying member so please go easy on me.

Looking for a new carry gun (and God help me because i live in MA).
Would like some recommendations. I am trying to find a hammer gun with a de-cocker in a compact size. My ideal pistol would be a CZ 2075 Rami but good luck finding one used in MA.
Anyone have any thoughts? I only cary hammer guns so that limits things for compact pistols. Sig may have a few good ones but i have never carried a Sig.
Why a hammer gun?

The hammer is one more thing that can get caught on something. In my opinion, a carry gun should have as few things as possible sticking out. You want something slim, with nice curves, nothing sticking out if possible ....

Like a hot chick, slim, with curves, high capacity rack, nothing sticking out (that would make her a tranny).

Serious, look at all this junk waiting to get caught on something compared to a striker fired weapon.
SmartSelect_20201225-203725_Chrome.jpg

SmartSelect_20201225-203909_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Why a hammer gun?

The hammer is one more thing that can get caught on something. In my opinion, a carry gun should habe as few things as possible sticking out. You want something slim, with nice curves, nothing sticking out if possible ....

Like a hot chick, slim, with curves, high capacity rack, nothing sticking out (that would make her a tranny).
Wouldn't the hammer be the booty? A good butt with make up for a bad rack but a good rack will not make up for no booty.. maybe that is how op feels. [rofl]

OP, you said you are looking for a new carry weapon. Do you already own one? If so what do you won and why do you want a new one?

I edited my post.
G26 is good for bears but damn difficult to shoot accurate. P365 is much easier to shoot precisely. But, if it is enough against the black bear or not - don’t want to speculate.
I saw many more dangerous people than bears, so, my vote is forP365

Back
Top Bottom