• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Lies my President told me

I think by "weapon" they mean baseball batt. Right over the Internet and delivered to your door. No questions asked.

If you are wearing the right tint of glasses...

You buy from a store over the internet. They charge your card. They ship the gun.... TO an FFL in your state. It is then up to that FFL to follow state/federal law resulting in the background check that will deny you the gun you have purchased, over the internet, as a violent felon, no questions asked.

You have to read carefully what it says. It is certainly defensible (liberal logic) as an accurate statement and aligns with their agenda. Goes with 30K gun deaths each year. The detail about 8K being homicide and 21K being suicide is too much detail.

Is Obama lying? Or does he really believe this and nobody on his staff has told him that it's not true?

View attachment 155211

It's kinda semantics they can buy whatever they want. Without a background check they just can't obtain the guns until after an ffl check.

I saw the same thing and was like "weeeeeeellllll, sort of". It's obnoxious that the ****ing president has to rely on misleading information in his efforts to "do the right thing". If it was truly the right thing he wouldn't have to be do damn sneaky about it. Of course gun people are the only ones who understand that it doesn't really work the way he implied.

oh, I thought you were going for the longest replies to a thread by listing out the lies our president told us

oh, I thought you were going for the longest replies to a thread by listing out the lies our president told us

I'm all for a long thread, but I'd have to bow out of that one. Even when he tells the truth it's only because he leaves something out "felons can buy guns online".

If he came out and said "I'm a Communist Muslim and I intend to ruin the United States of America" I'd be skeptical. That's how little I trust what he says.

The only way this is true is if some criminal talks to another criminal on Facebook and says... "yo, give me yo gun... I'm going to shot that bitch"

Sent from my KFSOWI using Tapatalk

I don't have the time to sit here and list all the lies that have come from this POS in the WH and his mouthpieces.

Not that I disagree with the premise of the OP on POTUS, but to clarify the point about Internet guns sales ... in free states one can use Armslist and local classified ads to find guns for sale, meet with the seller face-to-face and buy whatever they want without a background check (not that I think that's a bad thing).

Not that I disagree with the premise of the OP on POTUS, but to clarify the point about Internet guns sales ... in free states one can use Armslist and local classified ads to find guns for sale, meet with the seller face-to-face and buy whatever they want without a background check (not that I think that's a bad thing).

That would be against the law in New Hampshire.

New Hampshire has no law requiring a background check prior to transfer of a firearm when the seller is not a licensed dealer (a “private sale”). New Hampshire law explicitly allows a person who is not licensed to sell handguns and who is not engaged in the business of selling handguns to sell a handgun to any person who is known to her or him or who is licensed to sell handguns.1 No person may transfer a handgun to a convicted felon.2 New Hampshire has no other laws regarding private sales of firearms.

NES would probably crash if anyone were to list all the lies BO has said.

I think this what they are getting at: Free States where intra state xfers are not registered. But a felon acquiring a gun this way is breaking the law. Anyone from out of state and it's against the law. The number of felons buying guns on armslist within a state that doesn't require a check must be very small, but technically happens, and the danger is grossly exaggerated

The end game for them is the outright ban on all private transfers.

When they say "buying a gun off the internet" and "gun show loophole", what they mean (without saying it) is online versions of Uncle Henry, Facebook gun sellers groups, mid-aisle deals at gun shows, etc..
They won't admit what they actually mean because they know is a losing argument with Americans.

in free states one can use Armslist and local classified ads to find guns for sale, meet with the seller face-to-face and buy whatever they want without a background check (not that I think that's a bad thing).

I'm usually for total and complete honesty but I have to admit I have been guilty of misrepresenting this fact in discussions with liberals in the past.

If any good will come of this, it will be to help free staters avoid draconian licensing programs and to disable one of the left's big anti gun talking points. What scares me is the fact that the FFL licensing provisions, etc. are very vague so far. Vagueness and gun law is not a good combination.

The executive orders could be worse, what really worries me is what comes next. The text of that Assault Weapons ban of 2015 thing that was going around was a nightmare. That type of stuff is going to need to be fought *hard*

Back
Top Bottom