• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Shots fired in Hyannis, nearby schools are told to shelter in place.

CMEBoston

NES Member
Guy holed up in his house. Pulled a knife on some fellow residents this morning. Looks like everyone got out ok before the law got there.
Police responded and got shot at. Swat deployed. The street off Mitchell’s way is an active scene with roadblocks in the neighborhood.
right down the street from a grade school. Better wrap it up or the kids will be on overtime

Yikes
FYI for anyone in the area I had just left West Marine when I got this news
You guys putting something in the water down there John?

Hyannis is an odd city, completely hoid and surrounded by upscale vacation communities.

“suspect, later identified as Justin Moreira, 30“

Pretty sure it’s the same a**h*** from this 2012 article

And this a**h*** again threatening to shoot up a school in 2022

They’re just waiting for him to shoot and kill someone so they can push harder for more gun control instead of more criminal control.

Hyannis is an odd city, completely hoid and surrounded by upscale vacation communities.
I was surprised by this. Grew up in Chelsea and assumed the entire Cape was vacationland. Met a shady girl from the projects who told me she used to live in Hyannis and I was like WFT? Then I finally went there for work years later. What a shit hole. Saw a kid pushing a shopping carraige down the middle of the street who reminded me of Tom Hanks character from whatever that movie was where he was stranded on an island for years. Could count this kids ribs from 100 feet away

I was surprised by this. Grew up in Chelsea and assumed the entire Cape was vacationland. Met a shady girl from the projects who told me she used to live in Hyannis and I was like WFT? Then I finally went there for work years later. What a shit hole. Saw a kid pushing a shopping carraige down the middle of the street who reminded me of Tom Hanks character from whatever that movie was where he was stranded on an island for years. Could count this kids ribs from 100 feet away

Newport, RI is like that. I grew up thinking it was like Park Avenue, and part of it is... but then there's the other part. My wife grew up in RI and told me every time they went to Newport for a school sporting event, all she saw was grinding poverty.

It’s the only “urban” area on cape besides Falmouth and guess what? Falmouth is a war zone surrounded by millionaires too

I grew up on cape out in eastham, when I was small it seemed like Hyannis was a world away. The world has become a lot smaller since then

I left the cape for Boston 24 years ago, always planned on returning and when I finally had the means to come back home, the place was racially different. Made it to the woods of south plymouth and won’t go any closer.

Shelter in place. That seems about as useful as when we were told to hide under our desks in the event of a nuclear attack. At least we were in a better position to kiss our ass goodbye.

Shelter in place. That seems about as useful as when we were told to hide under our desks in the event of a nuclear attack. At least we were in a better position to kiss our ass goodbye.
I’m hung on the evacuation of homes

If I’m home and the cops come to tell me to leave cause they have a standoff down the block I’d have a hard time complying

Got enough guys for 2 standoffs?

WTF shelter the kids in place but evacuate grown ass adults from their homes ?
Yeah….

Back
Top Bottom